ESRB Rates Mass Effect 2: Big Krogan Sex

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Yeq said:
Gildan Bladeborn said:
... My brain!

Why oh why would anyone want to imagine Krogans having sex?!
I never thought I'd be the sort of human being that brought this up, but rule 34. It's not meant to be pleasant.
Oh, I'm well aware that the internet is a horrible place and that 'fans' will find ways to make anything dirty, but in this particular example I have this bad mental image thanks to Bioware themselves. I wouldn't have been surprised to see fan fiction about this (not that I would have ever actually seen it, since I avoid fan fiction like the plague mind you), but it's a bit surprising coming directly from the developers (assuming that line is an accurate quote).

[small]Also my horror was mainly exaggeration for comedic effect. Visions of having sex with giant lizard people are among the least disturbing things the internet has seared into my brain.[/small]

Discon

Sep 14, 2009
From what I understood from the codex, female salarians are rare, and clans are built around them. Because of their rarity they may not leave their planet, which is why we haven't seen a female salarian in the first game.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Wasn't the last rated M in America?

It got a 12+ in Britain - hopefully this won't go higher than a 15 (oh no! Swearing, pixels and mild fondling - how will my infantile 15-year-old mind cope?) here.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Personally I hope my rough around the edges yet always gets the job done ultimate bad ass Sheppard continues his tug of war love triangle with ashley and liara, oh yeah.

I hear their are achievements based on whether you stay faithful to your 'partner' from the first one. And their are lots of characters to temp you as well they say.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
I was hoping the "2 Disc Game" announcement meant that one disc would be focused entirely on hardcore sex scenes with subliminal flashes of "fuck Fox News" scattered throughout.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Xzi said:
Rated M?! I was expecting E dammit. Now my mommy won't let me play.
Your video game store checks for ID?That's the first time i ever hear about that.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Andy Chalk said:
"[Romantic encounters] involve watching a guided cutscene in which two characters flirt, kiss, and/or embrace: Clothed alien/human characters may prop a partner on top of a space console, clear away the clutter from a bed-slab, unzip a future-blouse, or just talk it out," the rating says [http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=28347&searchkeyword=mass%20effect%202]. "Though an alien/human may gyrate her hips while on top (fleeting - one-to-two seconds), actual sex is never depicted - the camera cuts away to space furniture and ceilings."
Whoever wrote that needs to be told that putting the word "space" in front of regular nouns doesn't make them sound cool or futuristic.

ChaosGenesis

Mar 11, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
I was hoping the "2 Disc Game" announcement meant that one disc would be focused entirely on hardcore sex scenes with subliminal flashes of "fuck Fox News" scattered throughout.
If that was the case I could probably just throw out the other disc and still be satisfied.
And you know what they say: "Once you go Krogan... you're probably gonna die"

Chris M.

Jan 10, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Doug said:
To be fair... how would you know the males from the females? Or in the case of the Asari, if they have more than one sex (so, technically, the blue 'chick' from the first game was also a dude....ewwwwww).
Salarians only have two genders, and if memory serves, they hatch from eggs.
That doesn't mean that there can't be weird alien sex.

Chris M.

Jan 10, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
No mention of Tali romancing?

:(
If I remember right the Quarians have basically no immune system so skin contact with another race would kinda kill them. Thus the reason that they wear those suits.