Evangelion and Bleach Manga Coming to an End

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Infernai said:
Hehe, silly people...Bleach Ended after
Aizen was defeated and Ichigo lost his powers.

Although some weird fanfiction came out about a group of kids with powers, some Aizen wannabe as a badguy..something about ichigo having to get his powers back and...

Never really was invested too deeply in Evangelion so i don't think

If there's one Manga i wanna see an ending too above all, it's berserk. Seriously Miura, how much longer is it gonna take? I realize you subscribe to the 'when i feel like it' school of publishing but jeeze..

Still, here's hoping the movie series eventually comes out over here...soon
I recall reading somewhere that we're at about the 3/4 mark.

Desworks

Nov 18, 2009
Bleach ending is no great loss for me, as I felt that Bleach became far too ridiculous even for a shounen manga. Though I think that was mainly because it dropped almost all of it's humour after it entered the Soul Society arc. I think that humour is kinda important in any series that doubles every characters power every volume. Still, I did follow it until the end of the Arrancar: Downfall arc (though I dropped the anime way back during the Bount arc), so I suppose I can't say I hated it completely.

Maybe I'll read the rest of it after it ends. In the meantime, One Piece can continue to provide my weekly dose of shounen. Oda hasn't stopped adding humour to his ridiculous world, after all. ;)

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
hmm bleach is ending not sure if that is good or bad depends on how they end. better not be a kill the main character ending

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Haven`t even heard of an Evangelion manga, and that is disappointing indeed.
But about that Bleach thingy: I like Bleach, it`s fun to read, haven`t watched the anime that much, but still, it`s entertainment. Tho i have to admit, the last, short-ish arc did feel a bit, well, too much. I found that the previous arc would have been a nice enough final one. But that`s just my opinion.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Well there go another two of the "never ending" animes...
Neon Genesis Evangelion was not a 'never-ending' anime. The show has 26 episodes, and a couple of films. Everything wraps up in the end. It isn't pleasent, or even at times logical, but believe me it ended quite assuredly.

I grant you Bleach though, jesus I didn't think it was possible to go on so long, and I watched all of DragonBall Z......

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
I'm just as surprised as how quickly the (surprisingly good despite clearly being put together to undo it's last end point) last arc ended as to see that this indeed was the final arc.

As for Evangelion, I'm sure we'll just have another manga run to explain what the fuck the ending of this one will be.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Can't share your sentiment about the Bleach anime. Censoring, subpar animation in several episodes and worst of all, the padding/filler, have all ruined it for me, though it certainly does have its moments.

Seeing as it's been announced that it's the longest arc yet, we're looking at least a few years.

As for Evangelion... I've never been really partial to the manga. Rebuild on the other hand, has proven to be a lot more satisfying than the original series, for whatever reason.

And Asuka with an eyepatch? Me gusta.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Infernai said:
Hehe, silly people...Bleach Ended after
Aizen was defeated and Ichigo lost his powers.

Although some weird fanfiction came out about a group of kids with powers, some Aizen wannabe as a badguy..something about ichigo having to get his powers back and...

Never really was invested too deeply in Evangelion so i don't think

If there's one Manga i wanna see an ending too above all, it's berserk. Seriously Miura, how much longer is it gonna take? I realize you subscribe to the 'when i feel like it' school of publishing but jeeze..

Still, here's hoping the movie series eventually comes out over here...soon
Hey, if Evangelion, can end, there is still hope. New chapters have come out recently.

For me Bleach ended in Soul Society where it was evident that swords don't kill people...

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Bleach ended when the soul society arc ended. It was the only good bit and the rest is just fanfiction that somehow managed to become a part of the story. I never got into EVA but Gurren Lagann was pretty sweet so I might check it out. Then again I'm not into the dark and gritty stuff so I might stay away.

Goodbye Bleach, I can't say I'll miss you.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Mahorfeus said:
Can't share your sentiment about the Bleach anime. Censoring, subpar animation in several episodes and worst of all, the padding/filler, have all ruined it for me, though it certainly does have its moments.
It's not good by any stretch of the imagination. It's just like white noise really, I watch it when I need to think. It did briefly flirt with not-sucking during the soul society arc though.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Gordon_4 said:
RJ 17 said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion was not a 'never-ending' anime. The show has 26 episodes, and a couple of films. Everything wraps up in the end. It isn't pleasent, or even at times logical, but believe me it ended quite assuredly.

I grant you Bleach though, jesus I didn't think it was possible to go on so long, and I watched all of DragonBall Z......
Funny thing about DBZ, the creator actually wanted it to end with the Freiza saga. That's why the fight takes so long and Freiza's got so many forms. it was supposed to be Goku's epic final battle on a world that was blowing apart, in which he achieves the legendary power of the SSJ.

:p As for Evangelion, yes, I know the anime itself was only 26 episodes, I was refering to the manga.

But yeah, I read Bleach up until they defeated Aizen, at which point I promised myself I would stop. Aizen was as close to a god-villain as you can get, anything after that would just be lame.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
I liked Bleach back when it was simply about some dude slaying some demons and having wacky adventures with his friends. It went to shit after they introduced more shinigamis and more over-powered asshole villains whose back stories go absolutely nowhere and the writer apparently lost the plot. So yeah not feeling sorry that Bleach is ending.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I enjoy the Bleach manga. The final arc should be interesting. I seriously hope we get some answers about Ichigo's father. I want to know what happened to him.

RJ 17 said:
Gordon_4 said:
RJ 17 said:

Funny thing about DBZ, the creator actually wanted it to end with the Freiza saga. That's why the fight takes so long and Freiza's got so many forms. it was supposed to be Goku's epic final battle on a world that was blowing apart, in which he achieves the legendary power of the SSJ.

:p As for Evangelion, yes, I know the anime itself was only 26 episodes, I was refering to the manga.

But yeah, I read Bleach up until they defeated Aizen, at which point I promised myself I would stop. Aizen was as close to a god-villain as you can get, anything after that would just be lame.
Funny thing about the claim that the fight against Frieza was supposed to be the end of teh series. It's a lie. There is no evidence that Akira Toriyama was ever considering ending the series there. Or after the Cell Games. Toriyama wrote by the seat of his pants. Even he didn't know what was going to happen a month from what he was currently writing.

Funny story, 19 and 20 were going to be the Androids Trunks warned them about, but his former editor called him up complaining saying he didn't like them, so he created 17 and 18. His former editor didn't like them as they were just a couple of kids, so he created Cell. His former editor didn't like any of Cell's forms until the final. In fact, Toriyama was intending for Cell to remain in his second form for much longer than he actually was.

But if you think Toriyama was thinking about ending the series, you would be right. He thought about ending it in Dragonball. The series was almost ended as it wasn't as popular at first, though Toriyama came up with the tournament arc after asking his editor for advice and this boosted the popularity of the manga. He even said he would end it unless he was allowed to let Goku grow up. Toriyama apparently did consider ending it after Goku beat Piccolo. But even Toriyama himself has stated that he never intended to end the series at any time. People just like to think it was because "the story arc that followed wasn't as good" or whatever. They are wrong.

The only time Akira Toriyama seriously considered ending Dragonball was in the original series. Period.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
RJ 17 said:
Whoa, really? I can't imagine the series ending there, although...now that you mention it, I guess it all adds up. Goku pulling a deus-ex-machina and surviving the explosion, an entire alien race living all under one roof as if it was some sort of sitcom, Vegeta pairing up with the most unlikely woman he could be paired up on Earth, their son time-travelling, Cell (Not gonna explain that one), Super Saiyans galore...
Looking back at it, it IS pretty nonsensical. Not that DBZ was meant to be a Shakespearean anime, but...well, it just hit me.

What that might have been.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
ehm
didn't bleach and a year or two ago when they defeated THE antagonist and the main character had to do the whole heroic sacrifice thing? or did that just happen in the universe with just two deus ex games?