Ever gotten a death/violent threat online?

Darh Abdomino

Sep 20, 2010
DumpsterHumper said:
alandavidson said:
Man... I've threatened in real life and the internet so many times it doesn't really phase me. People have even tried to kill me in real life, so my typical response to people who say they're going to kill me is "you can try".

Although, NEVER threaten violence against my mom. I WILL lose my shit and tear you apart.
Good luck with that tough guy business, sport!

OT: Hundreds, people just can't handle my severe awesome.
I think you mean "sheer awesomeness" but I could be wrong.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
snowpuppy said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
When a "friend" of mine found out I was gay, he completely cut me off. Then he somehow discovered my dad's email address, and sent a death threat to my entire family saying how disgusting I was and that they should fix me or he'll call the police.

That was a fun day.
Or HE'D call the police?!
Quite sure death threats are illegal.
Yes, quite. Luckily nothing came of it. I never heard from the sod again.

Nuclear_Suspect

Jun 1, 2010
Many many MANY times actually.

I ran a Zombie Master server (A HL2 mod) and since i ran the server i was on it almost 24/7, playing that much you form a lot of tactics and a general feel about how the players will react to your zombies, so I placed traps all over the place (Especially pincer attacks)

People rage so hard when they die to their own stupidity and since Zombie Master is a game where you dont respawn unless one of the teams win.. a round can last 15-30 minutes so thats plenty of time to rage when they died in the first 5 minutes.

Of course, the benefit of running a server is that you decide what plugins should be running.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
DumpsterHumper said:
alandavidson said:
Man... I've threatened in real life and the internet so many times it doesn't really phase me. People have even tried to kill me in real life, so my typical response to people who say they're going to kill me is "you can try".

Although, NEVER threaten violence against my mom. I WILL lose my shit and tear you apart.

You want to join the line? ;) Just kidding.

In all seriousness though, I was involved in some pretty rough stuff when I was younger, and threats against life and limb just come with the territory. But, I cleaned up, found Jesus, all that jazz, so I don't really have to worry much anymore.

But I am kind of cocky when it comes to that, and for good reason. I'm just glad that somehow I lived through it all and am able to help others out.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
At this point, who hasn't? Since 08 I have had multiple "die"s, a couple "hope you get aids"s, and once I got a "I'll shit into your mouth until you cry".

No idea why though, all I said was, "Why do so many trolls have to go on Machinima vids?".

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Oh online multiplayer games and your abundance of immature kids casting death threats like there's no tomorrow, how I miss you.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I've gotten a threat once, that if I didn't let this dude into my clan on Combat Arms, he would, "find me and eat my family".

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Well anytime I pick a multiplayer game on Xbox live... almost anytime I play online there's some asshole with a mic who's threatening to kill me and eat my unborn children...

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Darh Abdomino said:
DumpsterHumper said:
alandavidson said:

I think you mean "sheer awesomeness" but I could be wrong.
No, he's so awesome that he breaks traditional idiomatic phrasing.

HeatproofShAdOw

Apr 12, 2011
Let me look through my youtube messages.

Yup, over a hundred, most of them involve the other guy threatening me. One of the most memorable is a 200 word wall o' text in which the guy uses every single insult at his disposal, all with shit grammar and spelling. Really fun.

Darh Abdomino

Sep 20, 2010
HeatproofShAdOw said:
Let me look through my youtube messages.

Yup, over a hundred, most of them involve the other guy threatening me. One of the most memorable is a 200 word wall o' text in which the guy uses every single insult at his disposal, all with shit grammar and spelling. Really fun.
My favorite was the one I got that said I was a fag for not liking Bieber. I merely pointed out he posted a song called "Mistletoe" a few months early, and my heart-felt wish that Santa Claus would get him a calender for Christmas.

jackknife402

Aug 25, 2008
I give and receive death threats all the time, generally it's part of my normal speech, in real life and out of it. People just know it's my personality is all. I never actually attack anyone, and if someone does decide to throw a blow against me, they learn that even though I actively protray a person whom is full of himself and his actions, I'm not someone to be messed with.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Mostly in fighting games. I receive 1 or 2 every time I play UMvC3.

On a related note, my friend received this one after a match in BF3:

I don't get why these people do this stuff, do they think they're tough, that they're "Teaching you a lesson for winning". The fact of the matter is that sore losers can be pricks and when they throw empty threats at others, they accomplish nothing but proving how much of a waste of matter they are.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Hey, so today I learned that a picture I posted a few months ago online kind of caught on and had a bit of popularity. In fact, I originally posted the picture here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.311163-Pokemon-The-Christian-Playthrough?page=4#13481307] on this site. The thing is though that it might have been a teeny bit offensive to Christians, and while I was browsing the flame war it started on reddit, some guy was saying whoever made the picture needs a shotgun bullet to the head.

Has something like this ever happened to you? When it did, were you offended, scared, apathetic, or just laughing your ass off? Honestly, it's kind of a strange feeling, but overall, I had a good laugh. What about you?
I remember that picture. It was hilarious, good job.
OT: Of course, I play games online. That said, usually TF2 or co-op games with friends, and TF2 has a fairly good community (relatively speaking), so I don't get a lot of death threats. Of course, I also am on the internet. Oh, and indirectly? Thousands.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Rayne870 said:
RatRace123 said:
Ha, I remember that picture. Got a laugh out of me, if that's worth anything.

And I've gotten a death threat once, because of Saints Row 2. Because I didn't want to let some random guy join my playthrough. Which is apparently grounds for wanting someone dead.

I just blocked all communications with the idiot and moved on with my life. No worse for the wear.
I got a death threat in a freaking facebook game. Yeah it was battle pirates, and yeah I was blowing up some guys base. But why the hell does the guy have to start throwing very personal insults and using death threats...
My sister got a few of those too.

OT: I've got a rape threat of all things... Now that flattered me. I can't remember any death threats that stand out, but I'm sure I've got a few.
Also a Christian run on Pokemon sounds awesome. Just until Elite Four though. I think I might try one during Christmas :D.

Solid Reece

Nov 19, 2010
alandavidson said:

I respond saying "It's better then living"

I never got a death threat yet.