Ever gotten a death/violent threat online?

Suijen

Apr 15, 2009
I threaten people all the time, often over multiplayer videogaming. It adds culture and realism to the game.

-KC-

Jul 15, 2010
I've been threatened on browser game Travian, on WoW, on Warcraft III...pretty much yea. Most of those tards are spoiled brats.

penation4000

Dec 4, 2011
I get daily death threats on Xbox live, I changed my bio to 'your hate sustains me, so keep the messages coming :D' and they still send them.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Once, when I was 12. I was talking to someone online who seemed nice when he suddenly abruptly asked if I wanted to hang out, that he'd buy me a bus ticket and everything. I said no my parents would kill me and I also don't trust you yet. After all I didn't even know if he really was who he said he was. He sent me his picture for trust which was half naked and in a seductive pose. I realized at that moment exactly what kind of person he was. I told him flat out no.

Well he got pissed threaten to find me, to kill me, rape me, etc. It wasn't that scary because he really had no idea where I lived. Still... I'll take the fighting games crowd over that guy any day.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
None that really stands out, I think... Well, some angry neo said he'd stuff me into the furnace personally when his time has come, which is a hilarious mental image.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
Well there was once a youtube comment I had made, chattering that the video I commented on would be funny to see RayWilliamJohnson's reaction to, in honesty. I was replied with swift prejudice that RWJ and me can 'f' right off and how much of an assclown RWJ is, quoted and properly taken out of context.

I replied his reply with the classic 'Although I disagree with what you say, I shall defend to the death your right to say it' followed by my reasoning for the comment. To my utter surprise, I had apparently caused a reversal of John Gabrial's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory and got a reply of actual compassion, apology and understanding.

So yeah, that's the only time I've been threatened with death over the net, discounting various TF2 threats from <15yr olds whose combined body weight might match mine.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
RatRace123 said:
Ha, I remember that picture. Got a laugh out of me, if that's worth anything.

And I've gotten a death threat once, because of Saints Row 2. Because I didn't want to let some random guy join my playthrough. Which is apparently grounds for wanting someone dead.

I just blocked all communications with the idiot and moved on with my life. No worse for the wear.
So because you didn't let him join you in SR2 he sent you a death threat? I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to send death threats just because they were told no.

When I played WoW I absolutely hated it when someone I didn't know would send me a random request to from a party. I would always decline and some of them did get mad.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Hey, so today I learned that a picture I posted a few months ago online kind of caught on and had a bit of popularity. In fact, I originally posted the picture here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.311163-Pokemon-The-Christian-Playthrough?page=4#13481307] on this site. The thing is though that it might have been a teeny bit offensive to Christians, and while I was browsing the flame war it started on reddit, some guy was saying whoever made the picture needs a shotgun bullet to the head.

Has something like this ever happened to you? When it did, were you offended, scared, apathetic, or just laughing your ass off? Honestly, it's kind of a strange feeling, but overall, I had a good laugh. What about you?
Not that I can remember. Honestly, any internet death threats would be more hilarious than frightening. Unless I pissed off a gang boss what could the person do besides rage at their computer.

More importantly, I notice that you actually succeeded in posting something on Memebase. Can I ask how? Because I've tried posting several pictures on Very Demotivational, part of the same site, and it never shows them.

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
Well, I got one, yeah. What was so bad about it? That guy knew who I am and I had to endure him in school on a daily basis. The good thing: In the end, I threatend to show that mail to the police and that scared him off. The best thing: The mail was HILARIOUS! He had so many mistakes in it, it was just funny. Honestly, in the end, it was more a humiliation for him than something that scared me.

Why did I get it? Eh... long story short, a girl tried to beat me up, I stopped her from doing that (didn't really hurt her, also, gender equality ^^) and through rumors that guy thought I had beaten her up.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Mostly in fighting games. I receive 1 or 2 every time I play UMvC3.

On a related note, my friend received this one after a match in BF3:

Wow! That's a bit excessive isn't it?

Back in the days before Facebook, when everyone was on Bebo and Myspace, my Bebo wall was just a complete page after page of death threats... Half of them from wannabe rap artists, the other half from Irish separatists (claiming to be IRA). My crime...? Having a union flag as my profile picture, and listing Rap and R+B as disliked music! Wow! Those were the days!

Jan 23, 2010
Quite often actually. I regularly get them while playing Team Fortress 2 and Modern Warfare 2, although once someone starts complaining about me being noob for using any gun in any situation then I kind of encourage them to go into rage mode with some tactical trolling. If they are busy writing long hate speeches their team is one player less for a while!

I also receive a lot of threats while playing LoL. Funnily they are all from my allies. Strangely all the praise I get is from the enemy team congratulating me for being a good tank, making a good juke or successfully carrying a team.

Retal19

Dec 5, 2010
My main weapon in Modern Warfare is the Riot Shield. I just don't die. I've survived AC-130s and everything. But of course, my success online because of it has warranted many threats. They just bounce off me, but one day my friend was down while I was playing, saw one of the threats and retorted. And oh god did he retort. Needless to say, I wasn't bothered by that guy again.

Oh, and in Black Ops, when I make an apparently shit weapon like the M16, M14, Dragunov or Python (My Four Main Weapons) Work, and work WELL? Well, there be a shitstorm a-brewin. Especially when you spend an entire Array match atop a tower one-shotting everyone with a Dragunov because you take time to line up a shot and have drank enough Lucozade to slow time temporarily. Oh? Why no, I would not like to catch AIDs from a Dog and die in a Fire. Do you kiss your mother with that Mouth sir?

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Someone told me in a game of Vampire Redemption that he knew where I lived and that he was going to hunt me through my house then gut me like an animal.

The reason?

He was being an ass and running around with a modded character (generation 0, max points in everything, all powers etc) and killing PCs and NPCs alike. My response was to reset his character to the base newbie level.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Out of all people, I received a death threat from John Mayer fan boy. His latest album sucks, everyone knows that.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Yukichin said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
When a "friend" of mine found out I was gay, he completely cut me off. Then he somehow discovered my dad's email address, and sent a death threat to my entire family saying how disgusting I was and that they should fix me or he'll call the police.

That was a fun day.
Holy shit; I hope things got better for you. Damn.

I've, somehow, never had someone threaten me over the internet. I once had someone insult me over my clinginess, and I've been told to "stop spouting transphobic bullshit" at one point--I was advocating for transrights while still saying I think it'll be a while--but that's about it. Guess I'm lucky.
YOU THINK THEY'LL TAKE A WHILE??! YOU TRANSPHOBIC BASTAARD

...yeah, no, that's pretty lucky. I don't actually count threats from idiots or people who've missed the point. They aren't worth paying attention to.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
Once, I commented on a Coal Chamber video on YouTube where I said "It's a shame Dez Fafara is a prick", to which someone responded "Fuck you I'll get my buddies and we'll settle this in the pit."

I didn't even dignify that with a response.

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
Death threats, if your trolling correctly, you will get them.

once in WoW a guy whose character i killed multiple times in a Battle Ground crated a Horde toon just to threaten me with death and my mother with sexual assault.

I laughed so hard i /ignored him without reporting.