Ever gotten a death/violent threat online?

stygN

Yay! Custom title!
Jul 9, 2010
Well I guess it has happened loads of times..

However I have thought much else then "Oh, he was able to let of some steam, that's nice.."..

I've never taken online threats serious, and never really been threatened in real life, but the few times I've sort of been threatened I've basically just kept my cool and talked my way out of it..

Talking your way out of an online threat is both pointless and futile, because the threat have no real consequence for either part.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I once got told during a religious discussion by a rather aggressive fellow that I didn't deserve to live and he was going to track me down and personally remove me from the gene pool. It's fine though, he never did.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I once beat the crap out of some guy on Halo 3. Shortly after the match, me and the guy in my party (who I haven't played with since odd enough) both got messages from the guy we wailed on. The text said something along the lines of 'go fuck yourself' but there was a picture enclosed of the guys cock, covered in rings and possibly piercings. It was...weird. Not exactly a death threat but weird as all hell.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
usmarine4160 said:
Ha! That pic is awesome.

I play Eve Online where I am a pirate. I've had people wish cancer on me 2x so far.
same but as a corp thef
you have not lived till a CEO give you 30min of death threats over Vent

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
None that come to me nope. Most I've had was some random idiot sending me a message on Facebook, who wasn't even my friend or someone I knew about an article I posted. Just deleted and set my status to private.

Wait. Do the Death Threats count if their from NPC's Online? Cause I'm sure I've had some NPC's in MMO's tell me they're going to kill me. Sometimes they follow through too.

DeadFOAM

Aug 7, 2010
Spy_Guy said:
DeadFOAM said:
I get them on a regular basis. I help run a TF2 server, so I get wonderful threats from the assholes we deal with. My favorite was the kid who said he would rape my mother, fornicate with my father's skull, kill my dog, then teabag me to death while wearing my dog's skin as a condom.

I couldn't stop laughing.
Oh, the classic threaten the admin thingy. I tended to put those messages in the hall of shame back when I handled a Garry's Mod community. Not that I got many, mind... even though I banned tons of little pricks.

Then again, if they have nothing to go on, it doesn't really serve much use telling threats.

On the other hand... if I play Spy, I want death threats and Engie tears (they're tasty!)...
I've always wondered the logic behind it. Sure, threaten the guy about to ban you from the server. Sure, its only a game with hundreds of other servers and all, but where's the sense? I have a few more good stories about stuff like this. Always good for a laugh.

Although on non-admin related ones, I get threats from my sniping. I'm a pretty damn good sniper, if I may toot my own horn. I've gotten threats from people thinking I'm aimbotting, people I'm dominating, somebody I out-snipe. Really I've gotten threats from most anybody, now that I think about it.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
Several times, its always when I've been playing games and I've met some rude, rather distasteful gamers, who don't like it when I play incorrectly to their style. (League of Legends has been a particular contributor of hate)

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Hey, so today I learned that a picture I posted a few months ago online kind of caught on and had a bit of popularity. In fact, I originally posted the picture here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.311163-Pokemon-The-Christian-Playthrough?page=4#13481307] on this site. The thing is though that it might have been a teeny bit offensive to Christians, and while I was browsing the flame war it started on reddit, some guy was saying whoever made the picture needs a shotgun bullet to the head.

Has something like this ever happened to you? When it did, were you offended, scared, apathetic, or just laughing your ass off? Honestly, it's kind of a strange feeling, but overall, I had a good laugh. What about you?
you are aware that the Catholic church recognizes evolution, right? Please don't group Catholics in with Protestants. They don't share the same belief on everything.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
On GOW2, Since my internet is bad I got SO much hate when I got to be the host.

Since everyone was lagging except for me, I got perfect scores, and everyone else sat there raging while I blew their faces off with a shotgun.... Good times....good times....

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Some from youtube, nothing big. Even when I was trolling in L4D I never got one.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Never.

I generally act online (forums, voice communications, etc) how I do with face to face interactions. Treat those around me with respect and courtesy - sometimes you'll get individuals you find it amusing to abuse the consequenceless environment but as I don't humour them they quickly move along.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I remember on the PlayStation Home; someone threatened the IRA on me, because I won then at bowling.

Most of my abuse was on the Xbox.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I'm a mod on a major gaming/chat site (Kongregate). I either get my sexuality questioned, my life threatened, or my judgement criticized just about every day that I'm logged on there.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Has something like this ever happened to you? When it did, were you offended, scared, apathetic, or just laughing your ass off? Honestly, it's kind of a strange feeling, but overall, I had a good laugh. What about you?
Twice, all for one article I wrote (And the site has since been removed, so don't ask for the link).

One person wished me death, and the other said he was going to find me and give me AIDS because I was a "F****t". And I'm the intolerant one.

And honestly, I found it funny. The latter one was written so poorly, it must have been someone underage who wrote it.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Why just last week some guy on YouTube said he wanted to slash my throat cause I said that music videos from goth bands always seem to have crap CGI in them.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
DeadFOAM said:
I get them on a regular basis. I help run a TF2 server, so I get wonderful threats from the assholes we deal with. My favorite was the kid who said he would rape my mother, fornicate with my father's skull, kill my dog, then teabag me to death while wearing my dog's skin as a condom.

I couldn't stop laughing.
To screw with him, should have replied that you were an orphan, and you had no dog.

That's what I would do.

OT: The only violent thing I've been sent was someone ranting about how they would kill me. It was so poorly written in "l33tspeak", so, I just deleted it.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
No, but I have been threatened with violence a few times in real life.

I've had people threaten me because I won't let them in the store during closed-door hours. (thus proving exactly why there are closed-door hours in the first place)

I've had people threaten me because they keep hitting the wrong buttons when paying by EFTPOS and I have to keep setting it back up for them over and over. Apparently I somehow did it wrong. Derp.

I've had people threaten me due to the fact that I'm not standing behind the counter with my thumb up my ass for the whole shift. They either get upset and yell at me after they use the doorbell or they stand there ignoring the "use the doorbell" sign even though it's strategically placed where they will see it, no exceptions while expecting me to magically know they're there.

This town is filled with dole-bludging, hard-drinking, chain-smoking, drug-pushing deadbeats.

But online threats? Nope. Can't remember a thing.

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
I received a few death threats on Xbox LIVE... the funniest one was.

"I'm going to **** all of your family you ****! Why did you drop the bomb of the edge ****head! I'll **** your ass *****"

my response: "that was PRO4NOOBZ... not me..."

his response: "oops sorry"

and in real life someone from my school said "I'll get a baseball bat, right, and I'll 'it you in da head wiv it!"

"you can't reach my head you 5 year old"

humans suck