Ever lose faith... in humanity?

Aug 25, 2009
Why would I lose faith in humanity? The news just reports on bad things. I barely even pay attention to them anymore.

Humans are alright, I like us on the whole.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Do I lose faith in humanity?

All the time, but then a new game comes out, or a new episode of something I want to watch on TV and my faith gets reset to neutral.

Never positive, though, NEVAR POSITIVE!!!

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
angergod said:
I always manage to hear or read something that tops what I thought was already as bad as it gets.
It gets even better. The longer you live, the more you get to experience the badness first hand too.

Mankind is like a perpetual game of never-ending limbodance or something: "How low can it go?" >:)

Daxter2013

Feb 26, 2009
I'm pretty sure lots of people lost it after they entered high school and were like "......FUCK the real world."

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
Yep, on several occasions actually. At this point I think we wont ever get the faith back.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
After seeing this video of people LARPing Avatar, I lost a bit of faith in humanity. Just a smidgeon, I know they're a small minority, but my God, that really breaks the norm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk2vR8w2sjc

Apr 24, 2008
Housebroken Lunatic said:
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
It doesn't have to be a positive or a negative. It can just be incidental. I was only disputing the implication that mankind is only being true to itself when it is being violent and destructive. I think that if you give most people the chance to be peaceful and friendly, they will jump at it. Does the severe lack of soldiers willing to fight our wars not hint that maybe we desire peace and aren't just looking for any excuse to destroy?
"Lack of soldiers"? Forgive me for saying so but it seems there's always plenty of idiots you can trick into "serving their country", so I don't know if I agree with you there.

Second, people don't really jump at being peaceful. The persistent crime rate and domestic, everyday violence all over the world plainly shows what "fans of peace" people really are. And even in our so called "civilised" and "modern" industrial nations we still cultivate and nurture a culture that clearly promotes violent behaviour. We always talk about individualism and the importance of not allowing oneself become discriminated or "dissed" in any form or fashion and the demand of "respectz".

Of course, most individualists are going to excuse themselves by saying: "oh no, we never advocated violence at all. This ideology of ours doesn't in any way mention any advocacy of violence", but even a blind person can see how that doesn't work in reality. If you raise people in a manner that actually promotes conflict with people of different opinions, then there will be blood. History has shown us this over and over. So either our so called "modern society" isn't as smart/intelligent as it makes itself out to be all the fucking time, or the citizens of said society are just a bunch of flaming hypocrites.

Either way, it does not paint a pretty picture of mankind in general, and I for one don't see the reason in sticking by a bunch of hypocritical ideals of a better world. It's just not gonna happen, because the answer of how to achieve a better world is staring pretty much everyone in the face, but no one is really willing to work towards it.

So it doesn't really matter what a few people actually achieve in their pursuit of doing good, because their actions are ultimately turned to shit by the rest of the awful species. Any good deed will pretty much always have ten bad ones to counter-balance it, regardless of time or place.

So there's only two ways to give a satisfying conclusion. Either ultimate extermination, or simply dropping all the hypocrisy.
What exactly is this means of achieving a "better world" that is staring us in the face? Enlighten me.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
PayneTrayne said:
After seeing this video of people LARPing Avatar, I lost a bit of faith in humanity. Just a smidgeon, I know they're a small minority, but my God, that really breaks the norm.

Im almost 100% certain thats a work of parody, dear god I hope so because it's a work of genious if so.

Apr 24, 2008
Nmil-ek said:
PayneTrayne said:

Im almost 100% certain thats a work of parody, dear god I hope so because it's a work of genious if so.
It's categorised as "comedy". I think it's safe to praise it.

Skullpanda

Jun 12, 2009
Lose faith in humanity..? I work in retail. There's no faith left anymore. Optimism will only take you so far in such a job. God forbid I ever be forced to make it into a career.

Shreder55

Jul 1, 2009
I havent lost faith in humanity just my generation.
The idiots who decided rap is cool and anything that has an expolsion in it is a masterpiece even if the plot is absolute bull$%#t.

Epimeteo

May 2, 2009
Sometimes I wonder if by denying faith in humanity I'm just saying I don't like myself very much...

What about you guys/gals? are you a reason to have faith in humanity, or lose it?