Ever Watched A TV Episode That Pissed You Off So Much You Quit Watching The Series?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
If so, what was the show in question, and what episode set you off on such an amount of anger that you stopped?

Today, I've stopped watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The episode this morning pissed me off to the point where I'm ready to bash my computer.

A jedi is framing Ahsoka for a string of bombings in the Jedi Temple, and the episode is heavily implying that the culprit is Barriss Offee. A pacifist Jedi healer. Who has her own series about her. All of this will be thrown out the window in favor of some bullshit excuse to kill off her character.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Uh... kinda.

The final episode of Battlestar Galactica. The whole Kara Thrace thing hit peak stupidity and the epilogue was downright painful.

Thing is, it was the last episode, so it was a bit late for me to quit watching.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
The final episode of Chuck kinda ruined the series as a whole for me, and I loved the series as a whole. I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to watch it again, knowing what happens at the end.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
The (very short lived) Dresden Files

In one of the episodes, Bianca was a vampire character and begged for help from Dresden.

Meanwhile, your favorite poster Tippy2k2 had just finished reading "Grave Peril" (terrible timing for the show...).

Now I'm not going to spoil anything but if you were a fan of the book series, you know what happens. In the TV Show...Bianca was a good guy. Nope. I'm out TV Show. I can accept a lot of changes to the series but that is one change that I will NOT accept and am appalled that they made such a drastic change.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Zhukov said:
Uh... kinda.

The final episode of Battlestar Galactica. The whole Kara Thrace thing hit peak stupidity and the epilogue was downright painful.

Thing is, it was the last episode, so it was a bit late for me to quit watching.
At least Hendrix is a good song choice, but the bullshit "cycle will repeat" question annoyed me to no end.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
I probably won't get a lot of sympathy/empathy for this one, but the episode of Young Justice where
Madame Xanadu briefly appears made me quit watching the show, and pretty much deny it's very existence.
Madame Xanadu (eighties version) is my all-time favorite american comics character, and what they did
to her in the show made me furious. It was almost as bad as what DC comics did to her in hew own recent
series....

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
Heroes

I can't pinpoint a specific episode but the transiton from me thinking it was actually a quite interesting cool show to absolutely loathing the very core of it's being was so abrupt that I'm actually quite amazed by it.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Well not TV and, I was never much of a fan of the show but Extra Credits did some episode called "God Dose not play Dice." I was never much of a fan anyway, but way to kill any interest.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Wow, you sure like using capital letters...

OT: Not really. If a single episode being crap was enough to make me stop watching something, it can't have been very good to begin with.

I did however stop watching "The River" halfway through the series because of how awful it was. The only thing keeping me watching that was my mother wanted to watch it with me, but it was too crap to even tolerate for the 8 or so episodes that existed. In that case, there was no single episode that made me just quit, it was more of each episode just wearing me down as time went on.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
No but, to be fair there hasn't been a single episode of a TV show that I've seen that would make me want to watch that series on TV. If I like a show I'll either catch up on it via youtube or, netflix. I'll resort to buying a DVD collection if I really, really like a series (like the Disney XD Avengers show).

The closest I came to this happening though is the season 2 finale of Rosario+Vampire. The ending is just such a fucking cop-out and completely goes against the actions the main character (whose name I don't remember) took during the course of that final episode.

AVeryClassyCat

Feb 24, 2013
Eddie the head said:
Well not TV and, I was never much of a fan of the show but Extra Credits did some episode called "God Dose not play Dice." I was never much of a fan anyway, but way to kill any interest.
This was a huge turning point for me as well. I haven't watched anything from them since. I think it was mostly just the really poor way in which this situation was handled on their part that made things so bad.

Family Guy for me was an okay show that every now and then got somewhere near quality comedy, but there was a scene wherein Brian vomited for at least a minute after learning that he had slept with a transgender woman that was just played in this really uncomfortable way that I couldn't really forgive the show for. I mean, there didn't even seem to be a punchline (not that there'd be a good chance that any joke Seth could have made would have been much better)...it was just really disappointing.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Tuesday Night Fever said:
The final episode of Chuck kinda ruined the series as a whole for me, and I loved the series as a whole. I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to watch it again, knowing what happens at the end.
I gave up on that show part way thorugh series 3, "Chuck Verses the Other Guy". By the end of that epidose it looked like the entire plot of the show was resolved. This had already happened once before (end of series 2), I gave up on the writers ever allowing a satisfying plot resolution to stick, and so stopped watching.

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
BSG. The 3rd season, boxing episode. Everybody apparently boxes each other whenever their not being attacked by Cylons - 5'2" Women are beating the fuck out of 6' 2" men and everyone believes that's a likely scenario.

The VERY next episode their apparently suffering a food shortage due to contamination...as in, all food everywhere was being held in one freezer?

So we're supposed to believe that everyone on Galactica is going all Fight Club all the time yet they never have the dozens of broken lips and noses as shown in that episode and that they have enough energy to be beating the fuck out of eachother yet the very next week their sharing a single cracker amongst 6 pilots.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
I think it was the last episode of Heroes' third season that I just threw my hands up and gave up on it. It had gotten too ridiculous and I just didn't care for the characters anymore. I remember when the fourth season came up, I only casually tuned in to the last couple minutes of the final season, where Clare exposed her power to the world, and I just thought to myself, "It was a good thing I didn't bother watching this season; they really jumped the shark here." Then it got cancelled, which confirmed my thoughts.

Then there's soap operas and reality shows like Hollyoaks and X-Factor that I previously watched because of the addiction of certain storylines, before they too got too ridiculous and uninspired for my liking, to the point that I just began hating the series and the characters themselves as well (yes, Simon Cowell is playing the role of the "bad guy", which is why he gets booed whenever he makes an unnecessarily cruel statement about anyone who's standardly bad at singing cheesy crap pop songs).

AVeryClassyCat said:
Family Guy for me was an okay show that every now and then got somewhere near quality comedy, but there was a scene wherein Brian vomited for at least a minute after learning that he had slept with a transgender woman that was just played in this really uncomfortable way that I couldn't really forgive the show for. I mean, there didn't even seem to be a punchline (not that there'd be a good chance that any joke Seth could have made would have been much better)...it was just really disappointing.
Yeah, when my Science class watched that on the last day of school, I seemed to be the only one that wasn't laughing, and was just like, "Um...this is both annoyingly transphobic and not really funny..."

And then Seth McFarlane went on to genuinely say that he thought it was the best portrayal of transgender people on TV. Family Guy is really a hit-and-miss show nowadays. There are some episodes that can at least get more than one good laugh out of you (because of the overall outlandish nature of the show), but others when there's either no joke other than "[insert pop culture reference] LOL" or they take the joke too far (e.g. Herbert's dragged-out fight against that old Nazi playing on the feeble gag of "old guys are really slow").

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Zhukov said:
Uh... kinda.

True that. I'm an insane Battlestar Galactica fan but they really jumped the shark with the last season in general. I'm glad that there was still enough quality character development to enjoy but Kara's ark was just "Wat."

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Most Anime I (try) watching.

Usually around the second or third episode, when it becomes clear the series has absolutely no interest in telling an actual story or present actual characters but is simply ticking off stereotypes.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I can't think of any. There are several series that piss me off, but I always make it my priority to finish a series no matter how angry I may be watching it, in sheer hope that there might be something redeemable or salvageable at some point, and if not at least I'll have something to ***** about afterwards, which is fun in its own way. Sometimes I do take a break from watching a show, only to come back to it later on.

The closest I was to dropping a show out of sheer anger, I think, was Mawaru Penguindrum:
When it got to the whole child broiler thing in episode 20, I pretty much gave up on the anime. I was still watching it, seeing how there was only a few episodes left after that, but I just didn't give a fuck after that point. Not that I was really invested with the rest of the anime since it was so convoluted and up its own asshole that seriously any of the characters could've died and I would've took it as a sign of relieve. But the whole thing with the child broiler was just... it was one of the most contrived plot devices I've ever seen, and raises so many questions. I don't care if it's suppose to be symbolic or something like that, from a story point of view it just makes no sense.

Why does that thing exist? Who thought it up and why? Who payed thousands of dollars for a factory that puts kids on a long conveyor belt and kill them--oh, I'm sorry, make them invisible, and smack in the middle of a GODDAMN CITY? What is the point? What possible benefit does it serve this dystopian society? Why isn't anyone doing anything about it? WHY ARE THE KIDS WALKING INTO IT ON THEIR OWN FREE WILL?! If they wanted to kill themselves, why sit on a long conveyor belt into a grinder, when there are much easier, more practical ways to kill yourself, like, I don't know, slitting your wrist, or hanging yourself? Hell, you're better off getting a gun in Japan, no less (This anime is making me suggest suicide methods for children. Dear god.)

I wouldn't be on this shows case so much if it, I don't know... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx-97uRkzRg]

I may have put up with all the other bullshit that that anime was feeding me, but was the last I could take. I don't even know why I even bothered after that point.

There are other animes that angered me, but they were either too short for me to drop (like one or two episode OVAs) or curiously bad, that I just need to see if it gets any worse. Other than that, I rarely get angry.

If I were to drop a series, it would be only if I loose interest in it. I've never been angry enough to drop a show. I though Penguindrum was bad, but usually when a show does anger me I usually it usually encourages me to keep watching.