Every Game Ever

Machine Man 1992

Jul 4, 2011
Actually, you could probably make a good game out of this; an intentionally cheesy, affectionate parody done in the style of Mel Brooks' Spaceballs.

Just get a bunch of Funimation actors to ham it up and your golden.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
valium said:
Was her chest getting bigger every panel? This game was obviously made by Bioware.
Or the same people who bought us the Dante's Inferno anime. Seriously. They had an interesting method where a different animator handled each circle...however, it's a little coincidental that it happens to go in order of beatrice's ever increasing bra size.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
It might get old fast, but I would actually play a game that was self aware to this degree.

I mean, if your characters name was [Protagonist] and your entire point was to foil the [Antagonist] before he did his shit, combined with a few more tropes and a cheery cell-shaded art style. As long as it kept the jokes coming and, more importantly, actually had decent gameplay, it would be quite enjoyable. I would play [Generic Marine] fighting [Huge Thing that Telegraphs Attacks], hell as long as it had decent [Obligatory Driving Sequences] it would be fun overall.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
blackrave said:
Wait a minute... You forgot [MINORITY SIDEKICK]
It is a must
Which is your favourite? The black guy, the sassy action girl who isn't the love interest, or the old man? For me, it's got to be the stereotypical English guy!

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Maybe I'm just playing the wrong games, but I can't remember any game I've ever played where all of that has happened, and in that order, let alone 'Every Game Ever'.

Slow day today was it? -_-

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Maybe I'm just playing the wrong games, but I can't remember any game I've ever played where all of that has happened, and in that order, let alone 'Every Game Ever'.

I agree more or less

eather way *sigh* yes lets just hate everything ever....

ok I know I'm not having an sense of humour right now but I'm kind of tired of this shit

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Nothing I have played in the past couple of years comes even close to what was shown in that comic, it seems the writers are a bit behind times. Or maybe it really was a slow day as said above :p

Perhaps "Every Nintendo game ever" would've been slightly more vaguely relevant if Mario/Link wore power-armor, used guns and Peach/Zelda were...Peach/Zelda :p

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
NinjaDeathSlap said:

Vault101 said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:

I agree more or less

eather way *sigh* yes lets just hate everything ever....

ok I know I'm not having an sense of humour right now but I'm kind of tired of this shit
ITT: people who do not understand hyperbole or comedy.

Though it seems there's an at least 80% chance that the people who miss hyperbole will then attempt their own.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Devoneaux said:
The Cheezy One said:
blackrave said:
Wait a minute... You forgot [MINORITY SIDEKICK]
It is a must
Which is your favourite? The black guy, the sassy action girl who isn't the love interest, or the old man? For me, it's got to be the stereotypical English guy!
My favorite is Asian Hacker Man
Hey, don't you rule out Hispanic soldier with troubled past, that's a popular one lately.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Guess the game!

Long ago, exiled you. You escaped. So sent raiders to destroy you. They failed. So you travel across the game world, fighting enemies and accruing allies, in order to take revenge on and reclaim your original heritage.

(Not every game ever. Just the unmemorable ones. Heck, in some games YOU're the one who unleashes the ancient spirit of vengeance or whatnot. )

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Aaron Sylvester said:
Nothing I have played in the past couple of years comes even close to what was shown in that comic, it seems the writers are a bit behind times. Or maybe it really was a slow day as said above :p
Heh, I know what you mean. In fairness, "every game ever" is never really going to work, and "a worryingly large number of high profile games recently released, and substantial amounts of others" isn't very pithy.

Dec 10, 2012
Scars Unseen said:
Some developers have specialized variations on that comic. For instance, Bioware has "You are the [chosen one], and only you can save the [variable scale landmass] from the [supernatural fuckwits]! But first you must find [in-universe jargon for "flag state toggles"] by doing inane sidequests in these [three/four] locations!"

When Dragon Age 3 comes out, see if you can fill out all the boxes. I'll bet you can.
That's funny, because Dragon Age 2 didn't follow that formula much at all. And it's the one everybody hated. Think about it.