Every Other Game Ever

Nepukadnezzar

Mar 19, 2013
I think it is not a valid argument to attack and kill everybody on sight, because they shoot at you.

In most shooters it is YOU, who walks gunblazing in enemy territory (or at least armed to the teeth)
Then there is a guardsman who just hopes to get through the night and you trespass on the place he is paid (or bound by duty and honour) to protect. He might not even think he is a terrorist, I mean, it's his home country, he's on guard duty.

And then he shot first.
For fucks sake if a corps of armed to the teeth marines would intrude in my country to find whoever or whatever and kill everyone on sight I would try to kill them too.

So basically, I always have a bad feeling when I am killing somebody, it is just so easy to be in their shoes. (I do not want to count in family members and such, because then I would have to stop playing)

That is the reason why I did not finish God of War 3 ... the obliterate Zeus scene was too much, I already destroyed the world and he just wants to stop me from doing more evil. I had to turn off the console and say "Never play this game again"

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
To adapt the words of Urdnot Wrex,
"Anyone who fights us is either stupid or on [antagonist's] payroll. Killing the latter is business. Killing the former is a favor to the universe."

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
Oh wow. It only took 10 posts for this thread to Godwin itself. That's pretty damn fast.

Also, nice comic I guess.

MrFinnishDude

Apr 1, 2011
This same thing happened in Hotline miami

*spoilers*
In the end, you can ask the twins stuff like:
Q: Is this just a game?
A: Yes, and you sure as hell enjoyed it.

Q:Why are you killing people?
A:We don't. You killed all of them, and wasn't it fun?

For this I cannot do nothing but say yes, and realise that i am the real monster here.
Damn, art can really kick you in the face.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
One thing I really liked about one of the Turok games, I think it was evolution but I'm not sure anymore, is that the enemies would sometimes surrender. They would drop their weapons and kneel down with their hands behind their backs and surrender. You could shoot them but I never did on purpose when they did that.

Completely suicidal enemies gets old after a point.