Evil charachters you can't help but like

Gruchul

Aug 30, 2009
Jon Irenicus
I also liked the Cardassian he played in TNG

It's probably the voice, but I really like him in both

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Non-game examples you say? Well, here's one.

I finished a class assignment after reading the merchant of venice (y'know, Shakespeare?) and couldn't help but completely hate it. Mostly because I really found Shylock interesting, yet paid very little attention to. I didn't find him evil, I found him to be a regular human being seeking revenge for years of persecution. That and his greed made me find him to be a regular, flawed human being. Greedy and vengeful. He even had to deal with his daughter falling in love with the same kind of person who had persecuted him.
It made me like him and sympathise with him a hell of a lot more than any of the egotistical, hypocritical jackasses that were the rest of the cast.

Yeah, I liked the villain and hated the good guys. You people can only imagine my anger at the end.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Most Final Fantasy Big Bads- You gotta love someone with the ambition to create a time loop and become some godlike ness-ness.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Skullkid4187 said:
Vault101 said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Well already mentioned but Reaver...he's like a Dorian Gray mixed with Oscar Wilde!!!!! excuse the obvious who created who....and second is Caesar from New Vegas...out of all the options I had to go with Caesar. He was the only one who had a stable future for New Vegas free from Raiders, Mega Taxes and poverty.
serious? that guy was an arrogant a-hole and he delt SLAVES (and had some serious issues with women i mean what the hell?) which is unforgivable, although wether you find him likable is subjective though Im pretty sure hes the worst option, anyway I guess thats your opionion I havnt finished New Vegas so Id rather not go into spiolers
Seems youve never talked to anyone other then ncr jerks. Women are Priestess down in Arizona....who participate in a new version of that Priestess ritual in ancient Rome with the fire from Troy. But some others are slaves...and also are non able to fight men.
mabye If I talked with them more, but Im way too vilified now to go back, anyway in regards to NCR yes they are far from perfect, no I didn't just side with them blindly, Im still unsure which direction to go between mr house or NCR, and not all NCR are jerks, theres alot of good people there, its jsut like any government far from perfect

and slaves are slaves I dont give a fuck if they have women prests or what ever or if he thinks its the best way (the existance of the NCR sugests that it isnt, honestly I get the impression that the whole thing would crumble without their leader...or there could be a slave uprising down the track), people are not property they dont have a right to take away their freedom (sorry for the swearing but they slavery/whole legion thing makes me angry)

anyway best to agree to disagree here Id rather not know anymore

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Vault101 said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Vault101 said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Well already mentioned but Reaver...he's like a Dorian Gray mixed with Oscar Wilde!!!!! excuse the obvious who created who....and second is Caesar from New Vegas...out of all the options I had to go with Caesar. He was the only one who had a stable future for New Vegas free from Raiders, Mega Taxes and poverty.
serious? that guy was an arrogant a-hole and he delt SLAVES (and had some serious issues with women i mean what the hell?) which is unforgivable, although wether you find him likable is subjective though Im pretty sure hes the worst option, anyway I guess thats your opionion I havnt finished New Vegas so Id rather not go into spiolers
Seems youve never talked to anyone other then ncr jerks. Women are Priestess down in Arizona....who participate in a new version of that Priestess ritual in ancient Rome with the fire from Troy. But some others are slaves...and also are non able to fight men.
mabye If I talked with them more, but Im way too vilified now to go back, anyway in regards to NCR yes they are far from perfect, no I didn't just side with them blindly, Im still unsure which direction to go between mr house or NCR, and not all NCR are jerks, theres alot of good people there, its jsut like any government far from perfect

and slaves are slaves I dont give a fuck if they have women prests or what ever or if he thinks its the best way (the existance of the NCR sugests that it isnt, honestly I get the impression that the whole thing would crumble without their leader...or there could be a slave uprising down the track), people are not property they dont have a right to take away their freedom (sorry for the swearing but they slavery/whole legion thing makes me angry)

anyway best to agree to disagree here Id rather not know anymore
Go with Mr. House he'll stand much better. As for in the future of the Legion is certain Caesar said he will choose wisely to pass it on too, someone who is as noble and genius as himself...so far only Vulpes makes it close.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Well, if it wasn't for this being the Gaming Forum it would be easy to say Omar Little and Al Swearengen wouldn't it. I may even see the fourth Pirates film because of Ian McShane. In games though, Shodan springs to mind because she is so unmistakably awesome.

Oh just re-read that non-game examples are good too.

Omar Little and Al Swearengen then, easy.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Slavadil said:
I really liked Prez Eden from Fallout 3, he made me want to join the Enclave soo bad :(

Other than that, I liked Loghain from Dragon Age.
Didn't play Fallout (for shame, I know) but I agree with you on Loghain. You gotta give the man credit, he's pretty much a badass.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
In no particular order:

1) Loghain from DA:O. Sure, he's the jackass that stabbed you in the back and let the King and Duncan die (which I would've killed him for alone), but he felt he was doing it for the right reasons, and I can sorta see where he's coming from. He's not a villain, he's just a patriot with a skewed perspective.

2) Logan from Fable 3. See Loghain's entry, it's just the former comes across as more demeaning. Loghain will at least speak to you like a person. Logan treats you like a little kid.

3) G-Man from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. I think it's mainly his actor. There's just no hating this guy. Listen to the commentary. His actor's just way too nice a guy to be a really dislikeable villain.
Well, really any of the Evil Exes from SPvtW. They're all hilarious.
"My name... is MATTHEW PATEL! And I am Ramona's FIRST... EVIL... EX... BOYfriend. Grrr!"

4) Sauroman of LotR. It's Christopher Fucking Lee.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
Hazama from BlazBlue, or as I and my friends think of him as, the ultimate troll.

Seriously, he is evil as all hell, but his base idea of evil is literally trolling the hell out of people.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Benmonkey7 said:
For me, it's GLaDOS from Portal and Mr. House from Fallout: New Vegas (is he considered evil?). Oh, and President Eden from Fallout 3. I like them all.
House wasn't evil because if you kill him you end up with negative karma for some reason.

OT: Orgues from DeathSpank.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
I am currently being forced to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the first time.
I find myself getting a chuckle out of Spike.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Vault101 said:
Skullkid4187 said:
When it comes to New Vegas you can't just judge characters based on what you can see from plain view. You have to actually talk with Caesar in detail to learn the true goals of Caesar's Legion. Also you havn't finished the game yet you automatically say that caesar has the worst ending? Personally I think the Legion is one of the better endings in terms of peace for the people of New Vegas. Caesar wants to create a modern Rome without the problems of Ancient Rome that caused it's downfall, mainly corrupt government. Caesar's Legion is run by Caesar himself and as long as everyone is blindly loyal to him there are no rebellions, no defection, no need for corruption or forced abdication.

AceDefective

Mar 23, 2009
When it comes to New Vegas you can't just judge characters based on what you can see from plain view. You have to actually talk with Caesar in detail to learn the true goals of Caesar's Legion. Also you havn't finished the game yet you automatically say that caesar has the worst ending? Personally I think the Legion is one of the better endings in terms of peace for the people of New Vegas. Caesar wants to create a modern Rome without the problems of Ancient Rome that caused it's downfall, mainly corrupt government. Caesar's Legion is run by Caesar himself and as long as everyone is blindly loyal to him there are no rebellions, no defection, no need for corruption or forced abdication.
You seem to know alot about the New Vegas factions and there morals

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Hk-47, Alucard of Hellsing, And...Caim aka. This guy:

Say what you will about the guys morality, but damn if he isn't the most original playable J-RPG character in a LOONG time.