EXTERMINATE..... the Royal Wedding?

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Lemme get this straight... you guys in Britain pay taxes to keep these people rich, right?
Well there's all the tourism money the U.K. gets from people wanting to come see the Queen and all that stuff to consider which helps the nation as a whole... Although there's no real way of telling how much their decision to take a vacation in the U.K. was influenced by the Royal family's presence, unless if you were to start questioning everyone who took a trip there why they decided to take a trip there... And the Queens power is pretty much just for show.

Although the wedding has no real significance other than "Royal weddings are kinda neat" and it gets people feeling all patriotic and exited such.

I myself... won't be doing much in celebration, and I'm certainly not going to watch the wedding live because I'd be required to wake up at a ridiculous time. On another note: Daleks! :-D

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
EXTERMI-CAKE! EXTERMI-CAKE!

[small]Okay, I'll confess, I stole that joke from the Metro newspaper... :p[/small]

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Canid117 said:
dalek sec said:
I am Dalek Sec and I do not approve of this message!

That's it, you filthy humans will be wiped out for this insult, screw taking over the universe plus time and space, this is just personal now....
Why are you talking like a human?
..... You saw through my cover! D:

Damn you.... small furry thing! *retreats*

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I will only pay attention to them if they complain about the lack of attention if it occurs that disaster strikes shuttle Endeavor, the second-last Shuttle launch, scheduled at T-00.00 on the same day.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Well, my invitation still hasn't arrived so I honestly couldn't care less at all. I guess I deserve the snub since none of them got invited to my wedding though so maybe I should send a card to show there's no ill will.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I`d like that sandwich the dalek is holding. Besides that the whole event bothers me as little as my aunts 4th wedding, the un-planetation of pluto, the retreat of the german minister of defence and that nine eleven event thingy combined= zero.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
dalek sec said:
I am Dalek Sec and I do not approve of this message!

That's it, you filthy humans will be wiped out for this insult, screw taking over the universe plus time and space, this is just personal now....
Convert your post to binary for extra win.
________________________________________________________________________________
Meh, not really interested. Like when someone marries in total war. I just close the box and move on.

Abbystraction

Apr 29, 2011
While I'm happy for the Prince and his fiancé, I really can't bring myself to care all that much. Even my Dad and Grandparents (who are immigrants from the UK) don't seem all that excited. The Dalek is cool, though!

What I've found more interesting is the exposure that the Canadian media has given the wedding. It?s kind of funny that we still fawn over the "Mother country" while they could care less about us.

ekkaman

Feb 19, 2009
DeadFOAM said:
Not caring. Then again, I'm not British.

I'm sorry, but could somebody explain to me the significance?
Why you are not British so what is the point of explaining it to you?

DeadFOAM

Aug 7, 2010
ekkaman said:
DeadFOAM said:
Not caring. Then again, I'm not British.

I'm sorry, but could somebody explain to me the significance?
Why you are not British so what is the point of explaining it to you?
Because I want to know?

That is like saying "You are not American, therefore you shouldn't eat McDonalds."
(Just an example, there are PLENTY of good reasons to not eat there.)

deakin_j

Mar 14, 2011
While i may not be particularly bothered, and there is FAR too much media coverage, at least there's the opportunity to take advantage of a nice day, without work. and if most people want to watch it? well, just means it'll be less busy out and about.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
traukanshaku said:
My opinion? Kind of like any other media circus.

Nuke it from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.

OT: I really don't get the whole thing surrounding the royal family since they basically have no power anymore and now just seem like rich celebrities now.

Then again I live in America, and here I hate rich celebrities because nearly all of them are spoiled bastards.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
SmilingKitsune said:
Two people are getting married? Good for them.
Why should I care? I don't know them, why should anyone care except their family and friends?
I think the royal family is a completely pointless relic of a bygone age.
The fact that tax money is being used to pay for this is just insulting.
Bingo, fuck all those morons (british royalty and ALL involved television channels) for putting a non-stop bullshit extravaganza on tv that i cannot escape.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Not caring. I'm not British, and I dont care two shakes for Britains affairs. It left a bad taste in my mouth after I went there for foreign exchange schooling.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
I will be laughing at the people bitching about how much it cost and not caring otherwise. For those who haven't figured it out, all the money they are putting into it (30 million euro last I heard, much of it from their own funds though some is tax money) goes back into the economy in addition to generating vast amounts of tourism and publicity/advertisement revenue. If not for the wedding that money would be sitting in their investments growing but doing little to stimulate the economy.

Canned Spam

Feb 28, 2011
Iv'e watched a few seconds of a woman talking outside Westminster Abbey and learned that either the sun is up at 3:40 in the morning in London, or the word live plastered on a quarter of the TV is just there for the hell of it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
TimeLord said:
(although nothing as utterly ruined as a perfectly good Dalek it has to be said),
Looks to me like that's a Peter Cushing movie dalek, judging by the talking-light thingies and the arm.

In which case it was already ruined, and might have been that colour scheme to begin with.

On the other hand, if Daleks were to exterminate the royal family...well, at least that'd justify the obsessive media interest.

Captcha: xtsweed tcp/ip

smeghead25

Apr 28, 2009
I live in Australia and as far as I'm concerned the royal wedding is a bunch of rich tossers having an expensive and extravagant wedding that the press are milking to the fullest extent in order to make heaps of advertising revenue during the coverage of the event that they hyped up with the SPECIFIC INTENT of creating something that advertisers would pay to be a part of.

When the Royal Assholes placed restrictions on footage being used for drama or comedy and basically gagged the Chaser's Commentary, I lost any reason for me to even like those douchebags.

The only reason anyone is watching it is because they have been suckered by the media and implied peer pressure. The media has made you believe that you should watch it, so people will watch it so that they can say 'I watched it, did you?' and feel all superior.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
If I were the British, I'd be pissed that this is where my money was going to.

The royal family are the biggest welfare cases of all time, yet no one cares.

But, I'm not British, so it's not my cash they're sucking up. I say go nuts.

(That is one shameful act they perpetrated on that Dalek though.)