EXTERMINATE..... the Royal Wedding?

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
DeadFOAM said:
Not caring. Then again, I'm not British.

I'm sorry, but could somebody explain to me the significance?
Hey, even British people don't care. It's just bored housewives with no lives of their own that are interested in this bollocks.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
As an American and as someone who is digsuted about the importance put onto unimportant people, I dont understand the big deal.
I dont like the royal family. They are just figurehead, so really they are just wasted space in my view. I also dont condone the idea of royalty outside of fantasy games.

ekkaman

Feb 19, 2009
ekkaman said:
DeadFOAM said:
Not caring. Then again, I'm not British.

I'm sorry, but could somebody explain to me the significance?
Why you are not British so what is the point of explaining it to you?
Because I want to know?

That is like saying "You are not American, therefore you shouldn't eat McDonalds."
(Just an example, there are PLENTY of good reasons to not eat there.)[/quote]

Significance um maybe cause he is second in line to be their king, that is just off the top of my head.
BTW your example is pretty stupid as you start you first post with "not caring then again I'm not British".
Almost like you think only the British should or would care.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Woooo! Wedding spirit!

I'll be sitting at my computer, paying no attention to it except the noticeable tweets on twitter.

I'm not all that fussed really. xD It doesn't affect me in any way, although I bet most of the shops will be closed in town today.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
MiracleOfSound said:
Well me, I would be pissed if I spent my taxes paying for some ancient self-entitled douchebags with no political training, background or qualifications to decide huge decisions in my country and get rich and famous for no reason other than some antiquated tradition and membership to a stupid elitist club...

[checks history of Ireland in last 10 years]

...uh, I can empathise with you guys.
I'm just saying, being raised to do the job they've got, they'll at least be competent at it.
I'm no Royalist.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I live next door to England so as long as it's not too loud and doesn't go on all night.

Some of us have work in the morning.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
holy crap! ive seen some crazy stuff about the wedding but this one takes the ca.. eh biscuit!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
sky14kemea said:
Woooo! Wedding spirit!

I'll be sitting at my computer, paying no attention to it except the noticeable tweets on twitter.

I'm not all that fussed really. xD It doesn't affect me in any way, although I bet most of the shops will be closed in town today.
They are around my area. I'm getting triple time at my work tonight xD. £24 an hour for 9 hours, just because it's technically a bank holiday! That's........... a lot of money! I wish this happened every year!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
TimeLord said:
sky14kemea said:
Woooo! Wedding spirit!

They are around my area. I'm getting triple time at my work tonight xD. £24 an hour for 9 hours, just because it's technically a bank holiday! That's........... a lot of money! I wish this happened every year!
Argh, you lucky thing D: I wish I had a job so I could work a bank holiday and be paid more....

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
sky14kemea said:
TimeLord said:
sky14kemea said:
Woooo! Wedding spirit!

Argh, you lucky thing D: I wish I had a job so I could work a bank holiday and be paid more....
The taxman will take most of my money back in a couple of weeks when I get paid. I'm sure of it :(

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
Never knew there were so many miserable bastards on the Escapist. The reason a huge amount of British people care at least is because of how entwined the Monarchy is in our culture, you know the whole United Kingdom bit. I'm no royalist, I didn't even watch the wedding but the people who take the whole "living in the dark ages" "evil oppresive monarchy" clearly don't have a clue what they're yammering on about.

What especially irks me is the people who spout this nonsense prattle take the view that having an overblown popularity contest every couple of years which falls down who can afford the most advertising somehow makes them a glorious bastion of freedom compared to mine (especially when Britain does the same bloody thing). My country was free back when yours was just a grazing ground for Buffalo.

Yes the Monarchy isn't perfect, isn't even within viewing distance of the word, they're only human after all. But that doesn't justify the nonsensical vitriol being spewed about my country.

TheGuiggleMonster

Feb 11, 2011
SmilingKitsune said:
Two people are getting married? Good for them.
Why should I care? I don't know them, why should anyone care except their family and friends?
I think the royal family is a completely pointless relic of a bygone age.
The fact that tax money is being used to pay for this is just insulting.
The tourism makes up for it.

AMAZED

Dec 6, 2010
TheGuiggleMonster said:
SmilingKitsune said:
Two people are getting married? Good for them.
Why should I care? I don't know them, why should anyone care except their family and friends?
I think the royal family is a completely pointless relic of a bygone age.
The fact that tax money is being used to pay for this is just insulting.
The tourism makes up for it.
good point they are paid for all the news coverage and memorabilia that covers this

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
TimeLord said:
Death God said:
Just not caring. Even if I was British, I doubt I'd care because she's just another princess about to be married to another prince. Happens every generation, not a big deal to me.
She is the first commoner in history to marry into the Royal family. She has no royal heritage or background at all.

I'm pretty sure Princess Diana was a commoner before she married Charles.

Anyway.

I'm British and you cannot fathom the amount of fuck I do not give over this wedding. Yes, lets pull the wool over the eyes of the British public with a pretty wedding whilst we continue to fuck over this country.

[Yes, I believe this whole wedding has been pulled off as a puff piece to try and boost our morals about how shit our country is turning]

Maclennan

Jul 11, 2010
feeling slightly embarrassed that a developed nation still has monarchs as nudered as there power may be.

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
I watched the wedding. sort of. As a brit, theres not much else on TV. but i made coffee during the actual ceremony and had a driving lesson during the carriage ride and kiss(es). so I saw parts of it. but really? I couldn't care less.

TheGuiggleMonster

Feb 11, 2011
I like it because I get a day off school, lots of shops are empty and the country probably makes money from all the tourism. Also a good excuse for street partying, mainly because David Cameron made a speech explicitly saying that if we want to have street parties than we can.

However, it is a bit dissapointing that in this day and age of democracy we still keep the monarchy that exploited the working class for all those centuries.