Extra Punctuation: Roleplaying Homosexual in Dragon Age 2

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
I had a similar experience to Yahtzee when I first played. I didn't really decide on who I'd be banging, and so just flirted randomly with Isabela and Anders. Then came a convo with Anders and he's all "I may be a mage but I'm still just a man" and the only options were to accept or break his heart. I accepted and was like "...damn..." As their romance blossomed I was finding myself liking Anders more and more. It was strange. The only other romanceable partner I felt this with was Merrill. She was so cute, I just wanted to hug her and tell her it's alright.

baker80

Oct 17, 2008
Yahtzee's little articles get worse every time I read them. Not because of the gay thing, I don't care about that, but because he actually thought that the romances in Dragon Age 2 were in any way at all well done.

TheUnbeholden

Dec 13, 2007
I'm shocked at Yahtzee for writing this, (not for the reason most people may be thinking) but because I'm surprised he's said what I'm thinking! I'm finding more and more things in common between us.
*possible future relationship brewing?* lol anyway the point I keep coming back to is why do all affectionate/infatuated relationships have to have sex being a part of it? And why does it have to be just between men & women.