Extra Punctuation: Upcoming Games Won't Suck, Hopefully

J40kfan15

Jan 30, 2010
It would seem that Yahtzee did not see the E3 gameplay for Skyrim. Besides the original trailer aside from the use of different camera angles and minor editing was all ingame as confirmed by the devs.

Only other game that interests me on your list is Mass Effect 3. Aside from Deus Ex Human Revolution that goes unmentioned.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Y'know, that was nowhere near an venomous as I was expecting.

Also, I strongly agree with him on Dead Island. That trailer that everybody went gaga about suggested some kind of emotional engagement, or at least an attempt at it. But the actual game was revealed to be a zombie-em-up splatterfest nauseatingly reminiscent of Borderlands.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
And it still bothers me that Shepard, most important and famous ************ in the universe, is even worse at delegation than Captain Kirk. What happens if you get killed in the field, smart guy?
...then.....he is brought back to life by Terrorists? Seriously did you not PLAY Mass Effect 2 Yahtzee?

OT: I agreed with almost all of those. Surreal. But yeah I hope you're right about Tomb Raider having actual survival mechanics, although what you said about wandering through the desert sounded a bit like that "Journey" game for the PSN.

I wanna see his thoughts on that and/or "From Dust". Those are looking to become some REALLY fascinating indie games.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
My impression of Tomb Raider, from what I've seen, is that the developers are trying to do something new and unique, by replacing even basic elements of gameplay with cutscenes. Boss fights and tricky platforming segments are a problem of the past, now that the game plays them for you! All you've gotta do is walk forward between them!

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps the game will have some actual gameplay, or at least a QTE or two, at some point. But what they've shown so far gives the strong impression that this'll be one of those games that's really just a long movie where you have to tape your analog stick up to keep it moving. Perfect for folks who thought that Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII were too interactive.

P.S. Thanks

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
I got the same reaction when they announced Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were getting an HD remake...

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
CyricZ said:
I was wondering if he'd say something on Hitman: Absolution. No David Bateson (voice of 47), no Jesper Kyd, it appears that Diana Burnwood is now a sexpot (when she was originally a stuffy matron type), and from what I'm understanding, you get bonuses for killing all enemies in an area.

Hey, IO. You don't have to race Metroid to franchise suicide. There's no prize for winning except for the ire of the fanbase you've built up.
Seriously?

Wow, what a dampener. The absence of Bateson and at a push Kyd I could slightly roll with - but not joined with the burning of the gameplay.

I don't know what it is about the recent trend of developers forgetting what gave them strong franchises in the first place.

Sure, one type of game is more popular than another, but there's such a thing as over saturation.

I'll keep my hopes a little for further announcements, there's a lot of time until its released from the cages after all. But wow.

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
WHY DIDN'T HE TALK ABOUT SAINT'S ROW: THE THIRD?

WHY AM I YELLING?

OH, RIGHT, BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TAKEN BY DEAFNESS AFTER WATCHING THAT FUCKING AWESOME TRAILER.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Arkynomicon said:
Another one I'm hyped about is Dark Souls. Pretty much gonna be a more streamlined version of Demon's Souls and apparently harder then the first one. So yeah, I'm probably gonna like it more then anything else released this year.
It was really weird watching Dark Souls's presentation. It was basically 20 minutes of the game's developers trying to kill a normal rhino-type enemy and miserably failing because they couldn't dodgeroll. Either they really fucked up the controls somehow in the sequel, or the people who are making this game are also REALLY bad at it. Gonna wait for some reviews/player opinions before getting it, just in case.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I know the games are going to suck.
I just wanted to know how Yahtzee would've slowly and painfully put Mr Caffine out of our misery.

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
Carnagath said:
Arkynomicon said:
Another one I'm hyped about is Dark Souls. Pretty much gonna be a more streamlined version of Demon's Souls and apparently harder then the first one. So yeah, I'm probably gonna like it more then anything else released this year.
It was really weird watching Dark Souls's presentation. It was basically 20 minutes of the game's developers trying to kill a normal rhino-type enemy and miserably failing because they couldn't dodgeroll. Either they really fucked up the controls somehow in the sequel, or the people who are making this game are also REALLY bad at it. Gonna wait for some reviews/player opinions before getting it, just in case.
Yeah, I felt like a sportfan watching that. Saying stuff like "The hell are you doing? Dodge more! Why are you leroying?" But the gameplay kinda looks and sorta feel like Demon's Souls, so I remain optimistic.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
I just now got around to looking up "I Am Alive" and think it sounds like the shit. Now if only Ubisoft would tell us when the fucking thing is coming out since according to Wikipedia the project wasn't cancelled, Ubisoft is just being tight lipped. Which sucks, i could use a good survival sim.