Sequel
Sequel
Sequel
Sequel(s)
HD Remake

Fig_Hunter

Jun 22, 2011
Sorry this is pretty late and somewhat off-topic, but:

I've often thought there needs to be a really decent survival-based game, like you have to cross a procedurally-generated desert while watching your food and water intake and finding shelter for each night.
You may want to check out these two indie games: Pathologic [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/04/10/butchering-pathologic-part-1-the-body/] and The Void [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/09/29/wot-i-think-the-void/]. Both have very heavy survival elements and good storylines (though Pathologic's English translation is a train wreck). I'd recommend taking a look at them when you have time, they sound like things you'd like.

RockyMotion

Oct 28, 2010
What about Uncharted 3?
Meh, I guess he'll spend 5 minutes talking about how Nathan Drake is a dickhead anyway.

Yelchor

Aug 30, 2009
The Silent Hill HD Collection? What's exciting about that? I thought Yathzee disliked the concept of remaking already existing products. Though I'd guess he's sarcastic.

...I still wonder what's happening with the Last Guardian.

Nov 12, 2010
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Halo 4 (5, 6, etc)

Not that I'm one to crow but I just want to slap a big fat "called it" on this one. I said at the end of the Halo: Reach review, despite Bungie's efforts to draw a decisive line under their seminal franchise, I fucking knew Microsoft wasn't going to let that particular cash cow finish its cud and leap the farmyard fence with dignity. Honestly, some people just can't let go of the past, can they.
No, some people just can't let go of the said cow's udder. They honestly couldn't care less about the past as long as their road to the bank is laid with golden bricks.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Kopikatsu said:
Imp Emissary said:
CT862 said:
So, no mention of Final Fantasy XIII-2? But its just Final Fantasy XIII again, with quick-time events. I'm sure Yahtzee would love it! :)
Ha ha ha ha!

>( Oh, very nice. Do you know what you just did?! Now poor Yahtzee will have a nightmare.

Yahtzee: FFXIII-2?! I have to review this?!

The Escapist: Yes. You do, or we cut off your testicles.

Yahtzee: I'll go clean the knife.

*Later*

Yahtzee: Fucking worth it.
Fixed for you.

Oops. We still have a little problem here friend.

What was Fucking worth it?
Playing the game all the way? Or getting his testicles cut off so he didn't have to?

Anyway, I also think the Assassin's Creed's developers do have to go with a new character. I mean, how long can Ezio live and have (presumably) unprotected sex without getting the girls pregnant?!

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
I'm excited about the silent hill HD collection too. Hopefully they'll give the graphics a good overhaul, and keep everything else IDENTICAL.

Dr.Cereal1

Mar 30, 2011
Sad he didn't talk about bf3 or mw3 because he would definitely have something interesting to say, but I know the reasons he didn't.

GrungyMunchy

Nov 21, 2009
It's a little disappointing because I've often thought there needs to be a really decent survival-based game, like you have to cross a procedurally-generated desert while watching your food and water intake and finding shelter for each night.
There is one, it's called Minecraft.

DogOnDrugs

May 29, 2005
AetherWolf said:
I got the same reaction when they announced Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were getting an HD remake...

Uhm about Ico I know, but I never heard of a Shadow of the Colossus remake! I'm still seeking a used playable version of it that costs LESS than the retail price back when it was released. I only had if for a while as a rental and could never finish it, but I loved it as I had never loved a game before. And till this day I keep thinking about it. HD you say? Well if it's PS3 I will talk my flatmate into buying himself one and getting that game! Unless it's multi.

OT: I feel a bit guilty, I know that ANOTHER Halo isn't the right thing to want, but I just can't let go of the MasterChief and Cortana, I really miss those two. Hell I will probably wear a balaclava while pre-ordering it so I feel less ashamed for looking forward to it. Might even turn the lights off and close the curtains while playing, just in case someone notices.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
YAHTZEE! YOU INTERESTING GAME CRITIC!
Do you ever plan to review Catherine?
After it comes out, of course.

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
...brief, mystifying snatch of gameplay in which the protagonist stands in a cave firing a magic spell at what appears to be absolutely fucking nothing.
I'm casting Magic Missile.

Why are you casting Magic Missile? There's nothing to attack here.

I'm attacking the darkness!

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
What no Deus Ex 3? I know it has cover based shooting but still it has potential and a ten minute demo can't really do justice to a game where part of the fun is building up your character.

Ewoc

Mar 20, 2009
Wait, why would you have a HD remix of Silent Hill 3 if your not going to add the first one? That just seems silly to me. Also, it's going to have new voice actors, so lets see how that pisses people off shall we?

spielburg

Jun 24, 2011
The second trailer didn't kill my interest for Dead Island, did anyone really think the game would be anything like the first trailer???

xerounlimited

Oct 5, 2010
Yosharian said:
Strange though, from reading/watching various things by you I was under the impression that you disliked silent protagonists? Call me a person with a poor memory, but didn't you bemoan the lack of voice-over by Isaac in Dead Space?
Actually he's fine with silent protagonists, what he didn't like about Isaac was that they were trying to make us feel sorry for a character who has no personality or defining characteristics.