Extra Punctuation: Upcoming Games Won't Suck, Hopefully

xerounlimited

Oct 5, 2010
Yosharian said:
xerounlimited said:
Yosharian said:
Strange though, from reading/watching various things by you I was under the impression that you disliked silent protagonists? Call me a person with a poor memory, but didn't you bemoan the lack of voice-over by Isaac in Dead Space?
Actually he's fine with silent protagonists, what he didn't like about Isaac was that they were trying to make us feel sorry for a character who has no personality or defining characteristics.
The whole point of the silent protagonist is you project your ego. You're not supposed to feel sorry for the character, like it's a movie. You're supposed to BE the protagonist. You project your OWN feelings.
...And can you really feel sorry for yourself in that case? I certainly couldn't.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Since i can't be subjetive in my comments without feeling the wrath of a moderator, and getting banned, i'll just say that i agree.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Being along time Halo fan, I can't agree more with letting Halo die.
Its should have ended with 3. But they made one more.
Reach was ok. But once again, thats where it should have ended.

Now its becoming a joke.
3 more?
What and then another god awful RTS?
Another Spin off ODST Game?
Another Prequel?
And then three more!

For fuck sake Microsoft. Let it die.

szakalt

Mar 7, 2011
Skyrim is a huge disappointment, I lost all of interest towards after E3. If the fucking developer team liked Fallout 3 so much then don't be shy and make a Fallout 4, I don't care, but why ruin a such good sequel. I rather to wait an another year with the release of the game just to make it at least descent.

arithine

Nov 21, 2009
I'll just mention that the "spell casted at nothing" was basically a magic torch, look at the light and you see it clings to the wall

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
Yahtzee, they said BUNGIE wasn't working on Halo anymore, and they aren't. They said nothing about microsoft. =P

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
They will suck for as long the bar is set so low....... The only thing that has peeked my interest is dues ex human revolution, nearly everything else is trying to hard to be dumbed down. Well I am hoping DX:HR will be only as dumbed down as DX:IW was.... oh well *wanders back to jade empire*

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Out of all the new stuff coming out, I'm only really excited about Silent Hill HDC too.