Eye-rolling-ly Stupid Deaths in Games

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
rhizhim said:
dead space 3, Jennifer Santos. obvious is obvious.
Is terrified of riding the thing. Doesn't get out of the thing, and instead complains about the thing while remaining in the thing. Is blocked by a waist-high railing while the thing attacks. Doesn't realize she can climb over it while the thing humps the thing for like 30 seconds. Any dramatic impact the scene might have had is lost because you feel she fucking deserved it.

Britishfan

Jan 9, 2013
spartandude said:
so im playing Blood Bowl (and yes TB got me into it) and i had one of my skinks with the ball on the last game of my tournament and this goal would decide if i won or not and i sent my Skink (Mr Scales of wow) to the end line to make his touch down (my second to last turn) and he has to roll two sprint rolls, he makes his first and when he gets to the touchdown line... has a heart attack and dies
so then my last turn comes round and i have one other skink in range. all he has to do is make the same rolls and pick up the ball and when he gets to the end zone he also dies... FUUUUUUUHHH!
I feel your pain, I was playing a campaign as a Norse Team and I had a Runner who had been on my team from day 1 (by this point he was about level 5 or 6), fail his sprint roll and die, so I brought on my apothecary & he still died. Next turn My only chance for a win is to pick up the ball with a Berserker I'd also had from day 1 and blitz. Pick up roll sucesfull, hits the defender. Double Attacker down, no reroll, injury roll; death. Worst luck.

xPrometheusx

Aug 9, 2011
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but all of the death animations and circumstances in Dead Space 2, minus one or two. Not ONLY are the circumstances under which I have died in that game stupid on almost every occasion, but a lot of the animations are ridiculous. Like getting sucked out a window and the airlock only closes RIGHT when you're in the center of it. D'you know what the odds of that fucking happening are?

Plus, Issac's armor's only purpose seems to be to contain the boneless bag of gore that he is into a vaguely human-shaped form. I'm pretty sure that I've been torn in half because a necromorph happened to brush by me, before. And any sort of hard object seems to completely liquefy him if he comes into contact with it.

Captcha: You the man!
Thank you captcha! I needed that boost today. Why can't all the captchas compliment you when you read them? You can even fit ads in! "You are an awesome person. But y'know, you'd be even more awesome if you tried Axe Bodyspray!"