Fable 3 Coming to Steam

pandasaw

Mar 18, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
Before Fable 2? Oh that's just plain silly.

But I heard many bad and annoying things about Fable 3, so it's no deal for me anyway. Fable 2 looked rather fun, but 3? No thanks.
Fable 3 was fun but Fable 2 was way better.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Yeah,your time has passed Lionhead.Had you informed PC gamers of the game's status when it was delayed,I could have understood.But not saying a thing for months and popping out and saying:here's a game,and it has nothing more to offer then couple tattoos and a few weapons,you blew it.
As it's been said many times before,I'll cater to my RPG needs with The Witcher 2.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
What's everyone's problem with Games For Windows Live anyways? Other than not possessing the most replete library.

Apr 28, 2008
Hehe, know whats funny? It comes out the same time as Witcher 2. Well, I find it funny.

Woodsey said:
"So, a free game on GfW or some throwaway crap on Steam - what's it going to be, internet?"

The Witcher 2.
That was so ninja!

Cowabungaa said:
Before Fable 2? Oh that's just plain silly.

But I heard many bad and annoying things about Fable 3, so it's no deal for me anyway. Fable 2 looked rather fun, but 3? No thanks.
If you thought the hate for Fable 3 was bad, you should have seen the hate for 2. And for 1.

Of course, when 2 came out 1 all of a sudden became a "misunderstood classic" or something like that. While 2 became a piece of ass, despite improving on so many things. And now that Fable 3 is out, I see 2 getting a lot less hate.

So I wouldn't take what people say about the Fable games as buying advice.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Releasing a game on Steam is hardly noteworthy these days, but Microsoft turning over one of its few remaining PC franchises to the tender mercies of its arch-rival in the digital distribution arena? That's something altogether different. And I bet it stung.
Yes, Microsoft admitting defeat in the marketplace is like the Republican Party unaminuosly voting for a Democrat bill.

Though, it could be more Lionhead's decision making than Microsoft's. I would give literally something for a recording of those negotiations.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Ghengis John said:
What's everyone's problem with Games For Windows Live anyways? Other than not possessing the most replete library.
Its about as user friendly as a brick. Just like a brick, you stick it somewhere then it innately resists all attempts to do anything else with it.

Besides its more a case of Steam and other DDP's being better, much better.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
This is April in 2011, right? I havn't gotten some sort of reverse concussion and it's actually halfway through 2010?

Nope, computer agrees with me. This sort of shit is why I keep my old Xbox 360 around, reviving it with mouth-to-mouth and jump-leads every now and again.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
Ghengis John said:
Its also frustrating and difficult to use to the point of being broken. I was forced into using it because they left the GFWL DRM in the steam version of BioShock 2, and nothing about the experience made me want to come back. In fact, it was so bad that if I see GFWL on a box somewhere or in the system's requirements now, I just keep walking. The sheer frustration just isn't worthwhile, no matter how good the game itself might be.

sushkis2

Apr 14, 2011
Heh, what a dick move, who needs the lost chapters anyway? According to Yahtzee, fable 2 was the same as fable one, then again fable 3 was the same as fable 2? I was kinda waitig for it, but, seeing as it's full price, stuffed with useless crap, just let it pass...

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I'd almost say that it was worth buying Fable 3 on GFWL simply so players could get the original Fable for free, since it is the far superior game... but you might as well just buy a copy of Fable: TLC and be done with it.

I think I would have had more respect for Lionhead if Fable had remained a one off gem and not a forgotten classic burdened with all the baggage of it's terrible sequels.

sushkis2 said:
Heh, what a dick move, who needs the lost chapters anyway? According to Yahtzee, fable 2 was the same as fable one, then again fable 3 was the same as fable 2? I was kinda waitig for it, but, seeing as it's full price, stuffed with useless crap, just let it pass...
You could argue that all the Fable games are essentially the same game, so little changes. But Fable 2 can't be compared to the original Fable imo. Somehow, despite being pretty much the same game, Fable 2 and 3 managed to suck all the charm, and more importantly the fun, out of the Fable formula. I can play Fable endlessly but still can't stand Fable 2... as for Fable 3, well I barely finished it.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Baldr said:
Lionhead still has some independence within Microsoft. I still think they need a better QA department.
Or as yahtzee said Moneyleux needs his pie hole taping shut whenever lionhead are making new games.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
This is interesting with what MS is doing. I liked fable 3 a lot, actually my favorite in the series. Never beat one hated 2 and liked 3.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
somonels said:
Don't want, go away, Moneyleux.
I agree, I also say that I would rather have the throwaway crap if it means using a Digital Distribution system made my the more evolved form of primate.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
To be honest, Fable 3 could come with Fable 1 and 2 on GFWL and come with only a port of ET from the Atari 2600, and I'll still go the Steam version, hell they could charge an extra $5 or so and I think you'd see a lot of customers go with the Steam version.

So long as when I got the Steam version I didn't find myself tangled up in GFWL anyways. It's not a piracy issue, its just an irritating attempt to consolify my gaming that I don't want and didn't ask for. I'm not knocking consoles, I have some, but it just doesn't fit in the PC world, to me.

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
Fable:Lost chapters for free with Fable 3, so people will know what led to the demise of this ongoing series.