Facebook patents the word "Face"

Zach Steadman

May 17, 2010
This is probably the silliest thing I've seen since Sarah Palin getting a reality show. -_-

And also I'd copyright "Laggotry", I made it up back in 2003 with a couple friends b/c we had trouble getting a good host on counterstrike source.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
So... no A-Team sequel? :(

I don't understand how Facebook gets to TM "face" but Tim Landel didn't get to TM "edge." Way to be consistent.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
i'd go back in time before twilight was written and patent that word so maybe we won't ever have to see that horrible series. i'd write a book myself call it twilight and make it actually worth a damn. or so horrible that no one will ever want anything to do with it. even the preps won't come near it.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Fuck, I wonder how this will fake the facial industry.

I don't want to live in a world where there is no make up! All natural doesn't work for me!

Berlioz

Aug 2, 2010
This is completely retarded.

By the way, I would patent the words "me", "myself" and "I", just to confuse the hell out of everyone.

klaynexas3 said:
or so horrible that no one will ever want anything to do with it. even the preps won't come near it.
Sadly, there is no such thing.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Wht re you tlking bout you cn't ptent letters! oh...

OT: This reminds me of the time when the word "Edge" tried to get patented... utterly ridiculous.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
TeeBs said:
Fuck, I wonder how this will fake the facial industry.

I don't want to live in a world where there is no make up! All natural doesn't work for me!
oh well... guess it will have to be called "Skull Cream" from now on...

Xan Holbrook

May 26, 2010
As if they don't already have enough money. Only sociopaths and Gene Simmons feel this way over trademarking.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Berlioz said:
klaynexas3 said:
or so horrible that no one will ever want anything to do with it. even the preps won't come near it.
Sadly, there is no such thing.
not now, but, it is possible, just make something that'd be so geek like that preps wouldn't touch it but make it so simple and retarded and unimaginative geeks won't like it either.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Boneasse said:
If you want to use the word 'face' in the US, you will, in the future, have to be aware of the context in which you use it. If it is in connection with tele-communication, chat and texting between computers in a social or entertainment-network, you might have to think twice.

Facebook has applied to gain copyright trademark of the word 'Face' and they have now recieved a green light from the United States Patent Office (USPTO). All the social networking service needs to do, is pay a fee within three months.
Everyone's crying a bucket about it but this is nothing new or unprecedented. Stuff like this has been going on for many years. When the Godzilla remake came out, the film company trademarked the name Godzilla, and now they can't make any more Godzilla movies in Japan. Well, they still can, but they have to call them something else like "big fucking green lizard thing" or whatever.