Facebook patents the word "Face"

Kwatsu

Feb 21, 2007
Right, good idea. Because patenting a very common word worked out so well for Tim Langdell.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Wardnath said:
face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face face
I hope I don't get banned for that.
No, just arrested.

Apr 24, 2008
vallorn said:
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
I say those facebook bastards owe me, for my family owns the colour blue.
doesnt that mean most countries in the world owe you for the blue in their flags? (Eg: the UK and US)
They have armies.

I'm playing it smart. Taking on Avatar and the Blue Man Group first, my lawyers will skin those bastards alive!...if it comes to that.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Sir_Tor said:
Haha! In your face! owait...
I lol'd

As for a word, I'd actually go for 'lol' and variations of. That would either shut up the fools on the internet or make me a TON of money. Either way...

Also, 'troll' when used in media. I heard it said on the radio, and I was like, "How dare you use an internet word? It sounds WRONG!". And now I have a way to stop them.

Dr.Fantastic

Aug 27, 2010
This proves my opinion of how facebook is stupid true.
Also, I would patent the word awesome because its my favorite word too use.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Wow. Just wow! This calls for...

OT: I'd patent the word, "I". Not just the letter but the word "I" when referring to yourself. Think of the money!

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
how about i patent the word 'book' facebook? what good is your ridiculous patent if i force you to change your name anyway? and how about i patent 'ace' as well? then your left with www.f.com.

that name wont test well with focus groups, i assure you.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
This has to be a prank...

TO GOOGLE!!!

Aw, fuck. But there's no way this will go through, right? common sense will prevail, right?

At least we'll still be able to use it in general language.

I wonder if "Poker Face" by lady gaga will be illegal now.

as for what word I'd patent:

The word I.

ziggy161

Aug 29, 2008
This is kinda dumb but it seems to happen alot :/

My patent word would be 'the' in any context. Think of the money I'd make!!!!!

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Hahahahahahahahahaha, oh that's so silly... wait what was that you're serious? No wonder I don't have any hope for humanity.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Trying to copyright face are you? Oh now It's on like Donkey Kong! *sued by Nintendo* Damn it!!

I don't why the patent office would allow this aside from possible copyright protection on face* words like Facebook, facegames, facesocial or something that Facebook will eventually implement. It all smacks of stupidity though.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Ah the Patent office. Green lighting any trademark that can pay the proper fees now matter how retarded...

Why did we stop using tax dollars to fund them again?