Facebook's Secret Plan To Undermine Google Backfires

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
...and offered two reasons to explain its motivation: "First, because it believes Google is doing some things in social networking that raise privacy concerns;
Hello, Kettle? This is Pot. You're black.

Seriously Facebook? This is goddamned shameful. Especially considering your own massive privacy problems that seem to pop up every 2 months.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Ah, crazy big companies, what are you up to next?
I guess it's really important for them to weaken Google, rather than making their services securer and better... oh well.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
claims that Google was invading people's privacy
Wait, Facebook did this? As if I needed more reasons to think Facebook is evil and Zuckerburg is an arsehole.

AshleySeger

May 13, 2011
internet fax [http://www.metrofax.com/]: Wow, what will facebook do next?
How do you know that this story hasn't been planted by Google to make facebook look bad? Google seems to be more afraid of the competition from facebook than facebook is of the threat from Google. Remember, Google wants to launch heavily into social media and they have publicly stated it as their priority. Google could have planted the story that facebook is planting stories about them. Nothing would surprise me.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
AshleySeger said:
internet fax [http://www.metrofax.com/]: Wow, what will facebook do next?
How do you know that this story hasn't been planted by Google to make facebook look bad? Google seems to be more afraid of the competition from facebook than facebook is of the threat from Google. Remember, Google wants to launch heavily into social media and they have publicly stated it as their priority. Google could have planted the story that facebook is planting stories about them. Nothing would surprise me.
Im sorry, but given the track record historty of both companies im inclined to err on the side of google than on Facebooks behalf.

LaffmanAKAJPLaffo

Feb 11, 2009
Ravison said:
LaffmanAKAJPLaffo said:
This was obviously going to come about sooner or later. Facebook is the social networking king, google is the search engine king. The internet only needs one "king".
When I read "internet only needs" my mind first went to rule 34... and now I'm imagining Google-Facebook slash fan fiction and cringing and laughing at the same time.

Ew.
Well I know what my nightmares will be tonight. Thanks -_-

the Tea Lady

May 17, 2011
Hello there, I think it's terrible, I'm the tea lady here at Netvillage.com and I know these little sods wouldn't try anything like this.

I'd put a double dose of castor oil in their scones.

Well, there you have it.

Bye bye,
the tea lady

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Let's look at the contenders....

Google: Search for literally ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!

Facebook: "I'm going on va-cay next week, so if you want to rob me, here's my home address, a map, my phone number, and for the hell of it, a bunch of pictures you could probably blackmail me with because I shouldn't mix Ambien and Tequila so often. See ya losers!"

Ughhhhhh.... at least with the first choice, you can choose whether or not you want to search for drama or not.

If I were betting: Google. It has pictures of nudity that are not all drunken mistakes or high schoolers (or both), and I would bet the online community values that more than posting updates, no doubt.