Facial hair: yes or no?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Do you prefer to have a beard or not? Do you prefer your partner or friend to have a beard or not? What's your favourite style of facial hair?

I am not able to easily grow facial hair evenly across my face, but I prefer a beard because of its surprising effectiveness at keeping my lower face warm in the winter. Shaving my jawline without nicking it with the razor is an annoyance. Hopefully I will have a proper navy beard one day.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I have had a beard for about 20 years. Its an investment, beards were not fashionable when I started and they will go out of fashion again. Don't expect you beard to be perfect in week a two, it needs to grow and be pruned into its final shape. If you want a beard grow one but remember a beard is there for the long term. Also if you get caught on CCTV on one your bank raids you could shave off your beard and people won't recognise you.

The thing that people dont tell you about when you grow a beard is that when you perform a certain activity with a woman its leaves an aroma right under your nose that can last for days even if you wash your beard

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Not a facial hair fan, personally, but even if I was I wouldn't be able to be with a guy with a beard.

Beards give me a rash. I have insanely sensitive skin. So if someone wants their face on my face, they simply can't have a beard. My ex couldn't really grow facial hair of any kind, so it wasn't an issue, but my boyfriend grows a beard in about five minutes. He does suit some styles of facial hair, but- face rash.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I've got fench blood, which means I was grooming a 5 o clock shadow when I was a foetus. Popped out with a 'stache and wicked sideburns as well.

But seriously, I like the look- that is to say, a modest beard and moustache, trimmed just below the jawline- because I think it helps hide my puny lower jaw and slippery idiot-chin. My better half says facial hair is for animals, and not the 'sexual macho' kind, more like the 'smelly monkey' kind. If it weren't for the need to keep a relatively close-cropped facial situation to facilitate the CPAP device for my sleep apnea (little jaw, remember), I'd rock a deep fuzz more oft than I do.

Dreph

Jun 27, 2015
Let's just say my partner likes facial hair enough to have forced me into growing one. As I can't grow a full beard I'm stuck with a goatee like thing. All in all I don't mind, but it can be a pain to maintain every now and then.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
I like to keep a beard mainly so I don't get carded at bars, but I do shave it for special occasions like dinner with the Queen and what not

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
I prefer being without facial hair because when it grows on my face it looks awful but I have noticed that the older a dude gets, the harder it is for them to look good without a beard. Seeing as I'm unlikely to keep up my androgynous appearance forever I might just let it grow out once I reach a certain age.

That said facial hair never feels nice for me. Nor does any body hair, really. But biology's a *****.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Ignoring the fact that I have inexplicable bald patches in my beard making me look like a hobo, it just fucking itches. Maybe if my facial hair was as soft and silky as my scalp hair, but it ain't -- It's freaking wild boar bristles.

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
I've worn facial hair of some kind since the early 2000's; last time I tried shaving it all off (some 8 or 9 years ago, if memory serves), I hated the result, so that's probably not an option for me in the foreseeable future.

Nowadays, I honest-to-God wear my facial hair like my avatar's (to wit, John Malkovich as Unferth). There's probably a couple dozens of styles that are way less of a hassle to maintain, but even if I didn't like the way it looks (and I do), I'd probably think twice about trimming it considering the time it took to grow this long.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I got nothing against people with beard (althought I think it made them look cooler) but I don't like letting my facial hair run wild. It's mainly cos it's uneven (I got a few patches) so I shaved weekly.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
It took awhile for my facial hair to grow relatively evenly across my face, but now that it does I love it. I am in the midst of balding like many men in their late 20's, and facial hair goes a long way in evening out my look. It doesn't have a whole lot of volume though, so I trim it down and keep it short.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I prefer it. Facial hair grows really quickly and stubble is really scratchy and painful. After it grows out a little it becomes much softer and nicer. It's also easier for my partner not to have to shave constantly. His beard is a little patchy but it still looks super cute. I think the disheveled appearance of a slightly patchy beard looks really good on some people.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Although my face has betrayed me in the quest for beard, myself and my girlfriend enjoy having scruff on my face.

Stewie Plisken

Jan 3, 2009
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I prefer the cleanness of a shaved face, sometimes I leave a stubble. As I grow older I increasingly favor leaving a trimmed beard on my face; but this is subject to change next time I feel so bored I just grab a razor and shave it all off.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I enjoy the facial hair.

It can be some facial hair where it's in the infancy stages of scruff or full on viking beard.

Not really a fan of mustaches though, not sure why. I think it really depends on who is growing it, and how they are grooming it.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Eh? Its not my thing. For whatever reason, any facial hair over 5 days long gets super itchy and I get painful ingrown hairs, even if I use moisturizer. Its just too thick and rough. Always itches.
I never got longer than a few days without a shave.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Not on my face, thank you. Itches way too much. If I skip a single day of shaving, it starts to make my skin crawl. Two days, and oh man, am I looking for that razor. I often look at people with beards and wonder how they stand it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Sniper Team 4 said:
Not on my face, thank you. Itches way too much. If I skip a single day of shaving, it starts to make my skin crawl. Two days, and oh man, am I looking for that razor. I often look at people with beards and wonder how they stand it.
Once it's grown out a bit to maintain it with trimming you barely ever even register that it's on your face. The only time I "feel" it is when I notice it's absence after completely shaving it off. Haven't done that in over a year though.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
My boyfriend looks like a cheesy 80s super villain without facial hair, so he gets to have a beard, also I like the scruff and he doesn't have to shave as often, win, win for both.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
It's only irritating for me when it gets far enough down my neck that I start automatically scratching at it. Happens every three or four days, but easy enough to prune back with any razor that's got one of the little gel strips on it.