Facial hair: yes or no?

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Considering my cheeks don't grow any hair I usually refrain.

That fact combined with long hair mean that when I don't shave I look like your stereotypical VOC merchant.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Barbas said:
Do you prefer to have a beard or not? Do you prefer your partner or friend to have a beard or not? What's your favourite style of facial hair?
Yes, no because I am heterosexual, lots of hair. In that order.
I am not able to easily grow facial hair evenly across my face, but I prefer a beard because of its surprising effectiveness at keeping my lower face warm in the winter. Shaving my jawline without nicking it with the razor is an annoyance. Hopefully I will have a proper navy beard one day.
This is half of the reason I haven't gone totally bald for the heck of it, it's not summer yet and I'll be freezing.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Some people find me better-looking with a beard. But I can't stand the itch after a while. I have very thick hair that grows incredibly fast and after a week or two the itching simply wakes me up in my sleep. I know it's supposed to get better, but the one time I went longer than 2 weeks I simply shaved it off at night so I could sleep lol.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I have a beard.

I hate it.
I hate shaving it.
I hate that it grows so damn quickly.
The only time I appreciated the amount of hair that sprung uncalled for from my face was back when I was fourteen and I could see any movie I wished.

Too much Itch.
Too many random hairs in your food.
Too many small creatures nesting in it.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I do not regret growing my own beard, though even with regular shaving I need to shear it down to goatee size every three weeks. And it retains water annoyingly well.

Granted, I tried a full beard once before, and that was way too much.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
I haven't been clean shaved since I was probably around 15.
So I guess my stance on beards is let it grow.
Occasionally I will change the look from a full beard, to a goatie or sometimes just a mustache. Never clean shaven though, I look like a child if I do.

My only annoyance is that my mustache has a habit of curling into my mouth if it grows too long.

manolocego11

Mar 18, 2016
I think it depends on each person... some people look bad with it or just haven't developed a full beard yet while some people have a look that goes along with a beard should imo use it if they're confortable with it... when I used short hair I thought I looked great with a beard but now that I've ultimately let my hair grow a bit I prefer to be clean shaved

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Yes...
But only for light facial hair.

It's mostly because a beard wouldn't suit me.
I'm more of a goatee person.

All I hope is that it'll keep developing. I'm twenty one, and it can't become thick.
So basically, I have "light, light facial hair."

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
I have a goatee with a mustache. I like what it does for the apparent shape of my face, and I've changed a tire before so I figure I've earned it. Plus it's metal af.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Albino Boo said:
The thing that people dont tell you about when you grow a beard is that when you perform a certain activity with a woman its leaves an aroma right under your nose that can last for days even if you wash your beard
It's why I have a beard. What? I am what I love and eat. Don't judge my fetishes. :D

I prefer the 5 o'clock shadow look myself. Just a bit but not too much. Full clean shave is annoying because I always develop bumps a few days later and it's fucking annoying. Apparently it happens alot with black men. My previous partner liked that I had facial hair. That sentence may or may not link to my first statement.

Naughty Para, naughty!!

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Mm, I grow my facial hair out a tiny bit before I shave, I used to shave every other day but I noticed that the shave was closer the more hair there was to cut so now I shave twice a week.
Although even after I shave, it still looks like I have five o'clock; you could touch my face after a shave and I'd be silky smooth but it'll always look like I got something going on, I'm pretty okay with it though.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
God no. It feels awful. Beards are not "manly" - maintaining a facial "look" that feels terrible just because you think it looks good is probably the opposite of manliness, if such a thing existed.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
What do you think, beard of mine?

Beard: Dammit, Jack! We're never gonna compete with Brian Blessed, ya know! Bushy though I may be, it takes GROOMING to maintain that thing!

I like beards, yes.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I'd look 10 years younger without my facial hair, and I already look too young for my age. I don't even look androgynous without my facial hair, I just straight look feminine. That's only good when I'm in a dress, otherwise it's my stubbornly Celtic facial hair to go with my otherwise relatively smooth rest of me. Seriously, how do you get to your mid 20's with no chest hair >.>

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I generally maintain a moustache, goatee, and sideburns for my facial hair. I would grow a full beard, but my moustache refuses to connect to the rest of my facial hair I I do not have the patience to wait for the hairs to get long enough to do so with.

Apr 24, 2008
I generally have stubble, 'cause shaving is an annoyance. I have long hair, so if I let the facial hair grow too long I start to look a bit too cave-man-ish.

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
I had a time here I tried to grow it out and thought it looked good (and was told it does by my SO) but goddamn, did it look terrible. Learned my lesson since then. Also had white hair for a few months, so I had to shave everyday in fear of it looking bizarre with my dark facial hair. Also, really got into old-school shaving with a safety razor and whatnot, so relaxing.

Definitely a no on the facial hair, though I think it looks great on some men. Just not me.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Nah, it grows way too inconsistently across my face for that to be an option. Despite being 24, my cheeks remain almost smooth with only a few hairs here and there, which is weird, because my dad and brother both have very even beard growth. Ah well, it doesn't grow very quickly either, so I only shave every 4-5 days. And in between I can have that "slightly unkempt but in a cool way" stubble that I prefer, and is when I look my best, in my opinion.