Fallout 3 bugs

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
What was the most annoying bug in fallout 3? For me it was in the pit where an entire section of the cat walk just wasnt there. The worst part was that i had to climb those stairs inorder to get to a bunch of ingots. Fortunatly I play the pc version so i just no clipped.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Traveling all the way from Megaton to the Alien Signal site without saving only to have the game freeze right when they beam me up.

Scotty fucked up, man.

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
That one part, when I walked inside a building, and the game froze, oh and the time when I shot my gun and the game froze, Oh and how about walking in general and the game froze. ...Good times.

Currently that's all resolved, now randomly the game freezes and the sound stops, then 10 minutes later it picks right back up.

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
Outright Villainy said:
The part where the game froze as I was out in the wastes, undoing an hour to two hours of work. Gah!
Yeah. I think thats happnd to me too.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I was watching my friend play once and an Enclave soldier ran up to him and started punching him. My friend killed him in a singal shot and then the game froze. I had never seen anything like that before.

Drakulla

May 19, 2009
Do you mean the giant scorpions because they're very annoying, or the those flying insects that shoot their stingers at you because they're also really annoying.
If your talking about the way the game freezes and or crashes, yahh that's bad too. I have the 360 version so I haven't run into to many problems with the game. I think the PS3 version is by far the worst. I played my friends PS3 version for a week before I bought it for the 360 and the game froze or crashed several times.

Jack Gruff

Jul 24, 2010
The part where you realize that you haven't actually progressed once you've reached the level cap and... oh wait that's not a bug.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
The game went through a phase where a group of supermutants would always be there whenever I left Megaton, no matter how many times I killed them. I have no idea what was going on there.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
There is a bug where, if you walk out the front entrance of Galaxy News Radio after getting the mission to fix the broadcast dish from Three Dog, once you complete the quest, the front door will be locked and require a key. Speaking to the intercom will give you an "I already unlocked the door!" You can pick a lock to get back in, but the difficulty is 100 and all of the Brotherhood guards will attack you.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I've never played it without the Unofficial Patch, so the only glitch I've found is VATS crashing it every hour or so. I've fixed it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Good morning blues said:
There is a bug where, if you walk out the front entrance of Galaxy News Radio after getting the mission to fix the broadcast dish from Three Dog, once you complete the quest, the front door will be locked and require a key. Speaking to the intercom will give you an "I already unlocked the door!" You can pick a lock to get back in, but the difficulty is 100 and all of the Brotherhood guards will attack you.
The workaround is to find the back-door route, back where you first come out of the subways, I think.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Zeles said:
What was the most annoying bug in fallout 3? For me it was in the pit where an entire section of the cat walk just wasnt there. The worst part was that i had to climb those stairs inorder to get to a bunch of ingots. Fortunatly I play the pc version so i just no clipped.
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3808

Your life is better now.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
The only bug I encountered was gamefreeze. It happened a few times towards the end when you meet a certain giant robot.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
never encountered any major game threatening glitches whilst on the xbox 360 strangely, but the funniest one ever is where the Deathclaws randomly shoot up vertically into the air, then never come back down. God that made me laugh so hard the first time it happened.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
The fucking teleporters deciding not to work on Mothership Zeta.
That was some seriously irritating shit right there.

It can be fixed by clearing the system cache, though. So I guess it is not all bad.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Good morning blues said:
ah yeah that one was a real pisstake, could never complete the quest and move on in the storyline after that, and had to start a new game.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Good morning blues said:
The workaround is to find the back-door route, back where you first come out of the subways, I think.
The back door stands at the top of a sheer cliff. You can't climb back up.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I had a funny bug where it made Enclave soldiers act like wasteland npc's.

Their where three of them helmetless and having a smoke, im seriously not making this up. It wasn't annoying but it was so damn hilarious.

But i do remember a very annoying bug in the pitt on the xbox 360 version in which you could run right through a wall in the steelyard. The reason why it was so annoying is that you couldn't walk on the roof above (you would just go right through it) to get to the top area where most of the ingots where.

Later on i sold my xbox 360 vanilla fallout 3 and got the Ps3 Goty edition and thankfully the bug wasn't there in that version thank god.