Fallout 3 - Point Lookout DLC's Latest News

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Latest Fallout DLC News: Point Lookout has some really crappy weapons, but this is a good thing apparently

Among the list of weapons that have been announced for Point Lookout, a few interesting ones have popped up. The Double Barrel Shotgun was the first to catch my eye, but then I noticed the other three: A lever action rifle, a shovel and an axe.

Yes, thats right. A shovel, and axe.

Bethesda themself even annoucned they're meant to suck, but kick ass at the same time. How? Well, in Planet Fallout's interview with Jeff Gardner, he made this statement: "The new weapons in this DLCs... I call them a little bit more rustic. The previous DLCs were very high-tech, these melee weapons are a shovel and an axe. The rifles are level-action rifles and double-barreled shotguns and they have a lot of punch, but they are slow, so they can be frustrating if they don't hit but they work well."

With several interviews making the rounds at about every single gaming site in the world, Bethesda decided to give us some screenshots along with these announcements. And incase you missed it, the trailer has been released too.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Gilbert Munch said:
The screenshots - did I just fall into Cyrodiil?
Well, supposedly it's all swamp land. All the radiation and bombs missed the area, but all the civilisation was cut off from the outside world, so they basically went crazy. Hence, why the place looks like the worlds biggest landfill.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Looks fun. I always liked when Bethesda does swamps, imo it's the terrain they do best. That "Point Lookout" letting at the end of the trailer looks like something from Mario Kart. I'd like to play this the day it comes out, but I'm sure as hell not playing at least $110 for all the content associated with a game, time to wait for the game of the year edition.

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
Radiated hillbillies? at this point if players are allowed to keep any of thier earlier weapons like the tesla cannon this would be obscenely easy. I wonder if this is supposed to be played early on. looks fun though.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
CountFenring said:
Looks fun. I always liked when Bethesda does swamps, imo it's the terrain they do best. That "Point Lookout" letting at the end of the trailer looks like something from Mario Kart. I'd like to play this the day it comes out, but I'm sure as hell not playing at least $110 for all the content associated with a game, time to wait for the game of the year edition.
Well, you might have to wait a while. Bethesda are waiting until all the DLC has been released on all platforms, and considering the PS3 is behind right now, it could take a while.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
The Potato Lord said:
Radiated hillbillies? at this point if players are allowed to keep any of thier earlier weapons like the tesla cannon this would be obscenely easy. I wonder if this is supposed to be played early on. looks fun though.
Supposedly the hillibillies are the result of mass inbreeding, and something to do with the swamp land.

Also, it seems the players will be stripped of their weapons, and followers can't come in with you either.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Ah well time to break out the effigys and send my ransom notes. I pray tat Bethesda will awnser my pointless calls for forgivness for some unseen evil wrought upon them by sony and grant us the power of game ofthe year including all the extra gubbins. One day.

Obhraonian

May 26, 2009
I do have to admit there is more than a hint of the elder scolls in those screenshots but thats a good thing. I've explored most of the world of fallout and look foward to exploring a new and different area.

Herb sewell

Mar 30, 2009
I heard something about a cthulu-type cult in point lookout which will hopefully add all sorts of depth and challenge other than playing through the deliverance with vats.

Obhraonian

May 26, 2009
Dangerouspowerz said:
I liked the other Fallout 3 DLCs, so I hope this one will be good.
I have to say I was a little dispointed with them as they were a bit on the small side (though I did love the gauss rifle)