Fallout 4 Has an "Infinite Caps" Glitch

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
my first thought:

"Oh, I can just tell fallout 4 not to update until I tell it to"

short of running on offline mode forever, I just realized how fucking stupid steam is by removing the option to disable auto-updates...I'm not sure when they removed it (for certain games maybe), but that really pisses me off now considering the game has no online mode so I wouldn't be competing against anyone else.
If you want to cheat for caps that much you can probably just use player.additem to get them. That's how it's been with other Bethesda RPGs for years.

Sep 14, 2009
OneCatch said:
gmaverick019 said:
my first thought:

short of running on offline mode forever, I just realized how fucking stupid steam is by removing the option to disable auto-updates...I'm not sure when they removed it (for certain games maybe), but that really pisses me off now considering the game has no online mode so I wouldn't be competing against anyone else.
If you want to cheat for caps that much you can probably just use player.additem to get them. That's how it's been with other Bethesda RPGs for years.
oh I know, my little rant there was much less about me personally cheating/getting more caps, and more with the fact that steam/bethesda has basically decided that I HAVE to update fallout 4 to play it, even though it's a single player offline game...

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
OneCatch said:
gmaverick019 said:
my first thought:

oh I know, my little rant there was much less about me personally cheating/getting more caps, and more with the fact that steam/bethesda has basically decided that I HAVE to update fallout 4 to play it, even though it's a single player offline game...
Given how bug infested Bethesda games are, them being proactive about fixing shit is probably an improvement, even if it is via automatic updates. Downloading four different official patches was an embarrassingly cumbersome solution.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
As far as Bethesda glitches go, that's pretty tame.
What else needs to be said here. Bethesda could try their hand at making tighter open worlds, but today is not that day. And hey, at least they're usually fun 60% of the time.

The other 40% are inconvenient and game crash-y.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Meanwhile, using legitimate methods, such as selling the equipment I clawed out of the cold dead hands of raiders, I have *just* made 2000 caps.

Perhaps this reality warping "cheating" has its perks....

supermop2000

Nov 16, 2015
Surprised no one has noticed yet, but doing this depletes any stock of the ammo type you use for the exploit in your own inventory.

E.g. if you use .308 ammo to do the exploit, when you are selling the glitchy single bullet to get all their caps, I noticed that when I completed the trade, all my .308 ammo was missing. All of it.

No matter what I did, I had to sacrifice one ammo type to get it to work. So it's not that great really. Might as well use console commands, cos ammo is pretty important.

Edit: I just realised I didn't try buying the ammo I sold back in the same trade, which, if my logic is correct on how this works, should yield infinite ammo AND caps. DAMMIT I now have to wait until I finish work to try it.