Fallout 4 Trademarked By Bethesda

Mar 19, 2010
New Vegas was miles ahead of FO3 in both story characters and the setting. Not that FO3 was a bad game but once you found a functioning computer on a sunk carrier with no apparent source of power or reason why it should work after 100 years just 10 cm above water level. It sort of breaks your immersion a bit. And that is just example there is plenty more to find in FO3.
Anyway it makes no matter Wasteland 2 is just around a corner and it will show the world how to make post apocalyptic RPG.

Matey

Jun 25, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
Fallout 4 Trademarked By Bethesda

Either way, it looks like Fallout fans can be cautiously optimistic about this one.

Or I could be disdainful as I think Bethesda is incapable of making a Fallout game since all they ever do is make the same open world FPSRPG game over and over with different looks and bad stories.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
The negativity in this thread makes me sad :(

WE'RE GETTING MORE FALLOUT GUYS! HOW IS THAT A BAD THING?

Hell I liked Fallout:NV more than Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Yet I'm still pumped for this game. Who knows, maybe Bethesda will take some hints from NV and incorporate the best of both Obsidian and themselves.

Imagine a Fallout game with better graphics than Skyrim (new console gen). Keep that drool in your mouth boy.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Far too much apathy and sarcasm in this thread.

I'm interested. I hope they either a, made a new engine for it to run in, or b, at least run it in the Creation version of the Gamebryo engine. Skyrim felt much more organic than Oblivion or Morrowind, as far as looks and animations are concerned and just walking through towns actually felt like I was walking and not stiffly shuffling around.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Drummodino said:
The negativity in this thread makes me sad :(

WE'RE GETTING MORE FALLOUT GUYS! HOW IS THAT A BAD THING?

Hell I liked Fallout:NV more than Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Yet I'm still pumped for this game. Who knows, maybe Bethesda will take some hints from NV and incorporate the best of both Obsidian and themselves.

Imagine a Fallout game with better graphics than Skyrim (new console gen). Keep that drool in your mouth boy.
this guy... this guy has got it. if i'm honest, i preferred FO3's map and layouts, i thought in general the locations were more interesting, but otherwise NV was better in nearly every respect. THAT SAID, i fucking loved FO3, despite its flaws, and i'm psyched that they're finally making a new one.

with any luck they will learn from the criticisms of skyrim, and the successes of NV, but i find it very hard not to be excited about the prospect of a new fallout game

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Hawkeye21 said:
So would I, but Obsidian was basically shafted and cheated by Zenimax out of their justly deserved royalties, and I doubt they would want to have anything to do with each other ever again. That was a shitty move on Zenimax part, considering that NV sold better than F3.
Funny enough both companies have expressed interesting in working together again.

And Obsidian doesn't really care that they didn't get the royalties, because even they knew it was their own fault for not meeting the conditions of the contract they agreed to. They didn't take it that hard.

Ultratwinkie said:
Its like the elder scrolls without an elder scroll, a huge world ending prophecy, the empire, or a chosen one.
Fun fact, no Elder Scrolls actually appeared in Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard, or Morrowind.

And the Heroes of Arena, Daggerfall, Battlespire, and Redguard were not chosen ones, nor did they involve world ending prophecies.

Yet all of them were TES games.

Carnage95

Sep 21, 2009
Bethesda really has to step up on their story and dialogue, in fact get the writers from Obsidian to do it and they can incorporate the best from both companies in terms of gameplay. Still I am happy to at least get another Fallout game.

PG

Apr 2, 2008
Anyone else curious as to why the morse code date isn't in American format? They're an American company and that date coincides with the Spike VGAs which is in America. Seems strange with this news too.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Judging by the negativity of the thread ... we need the help of a "Escapist United Nations of Pure Fun" member.
... basically me.
[sub][sub]I'm sorry for introducing myself this way.[/sub][/sub]

Okay, Fallout 4. (Hopefully this rumor is true and they will make a real announcement at one point/on that site.)
Good news, another Fallout game which will be created with a better engine then 3/NV and also created for this new generation. (I'm guessing)
I think this is good news, I only hope that they can place a interesting story and characters in it like Fallout 3.
AND GOD ... please smite the bugs before release, just hammer them.

To me, Fallout 3 had a great story and great characters.
YET these were not that diverse and did not offer us a lot of choice. (I still had fun)

Fallout New Vegas (Again to my own opinion), has better gameplay overall, but the setting felt ... bleh.
It almost felt like a western game instead of a Fallout game.
BUT there were more choices in this one.

In all honesty I just want a Fallout with damn good gameplay and a good story/characters.
And that the people making it smashes the bugs and problems before launch. (And can have many good DLC)

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
//Begin scouting thread
//Scanning
//Intense amounts of Fallout 3 vs Fallout 4 detected
//Beginning of flame war detected

Why cant we just like both?

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Two post in we already have people trying to start another flame war between F3 and F:NV. You guys be making me sad.

OT: I'm really interested in what this one is going to be about. If its in Europe they have a clean slate to start everything over. But on thee other side we have the chance of visiting the Commonwealth (most advanced settlement of humans). Really excited for December

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
As long as there are mod support and VATS, I am all for it.

//edit: maybe a Deathclaw companion at launch.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
You know, I actually like both Fallout 3 AND NV. NV more than 3 but I still think 3 was a good game with a lot of interesting moments. Can we please stop the "All or nothing" mindset?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
The Fallout games have just been consistently fun and enjoyable, so I'm very much looking forward to the next one. The settings are fantastic, VATS is a neat little concept and the characters are interesting. I'm excited, I think this is going to be freaking sweet.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I like how people ignore the fact that Bethesda learns things. Fallout 4 will likely take good stuff from FO3, NV AND Skyrim, and make a lot of cool new fun things...that will later influence TESVI, whatever that may end up being.

But Im someone who enjoyed all 3, for different reasons.

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
putowtin said:
Would have loved it to have been outsourced to Obsidian again, New Vegas was wonderful and the moral choices really made you think! However obligatory "woo hoo"!
I'd love this, if Obsidian actually finished one single goddamn game they started.

Personally, I thought the characters and story of New Vegas were better than 3, but 3 had a much stronger atmosphere of apocalyptic desolation. I had a lot more fun just wandering the Capitol Wasteland than I did with the intrigues of the Mojave.

All that said, Old World Blues was the second-best use of SCIENCE! for comedy in a game ever (Portal beats it, obviously, but only just). If I weren't going back to college soon (and thus my free time will be greatly reduced [from "all of it" to "a bit"]), then I might go back and replay New Vegas with Wild Wasteland...

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
seule said:
I've loved everything Fallout since the first game.
Even Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel?

I really liked Fallout 3. I prefer Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas but Fallout 3 was still a very good game. Skyrim was Bethesda's best game since Morrowind. So I'm certainly looking forward to a new Fallout game. I'm thinking Fallout 4 will be better than 3, but there is no way it will be better than New Vegas. Hopefully Obsidian get to work on the franchise again in the future. Would love to see Tim Cain, Chris Avellone and J.E Sawyer all working on a Fallout game. Tim Cain made Fallout, would be great if he got to work on it again.