Fallout 4 Trademarked By Bethesda

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
I'm excited but a little worried, I really want another fallout but I really want bethesda to make it I just preferred it and dammit it's been so long! I need my fix man!

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I personally want it set in Atlanta. Mostly because it makes a fuckton of sense (Mutant Alligators migrating from the south, Nuka Cola headquarters, CDC, Largest Airport.). Also I'm one of THOSE people who want to see it when it was hit by the bombs.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Elfgore said:
OT: I'm really interested in what this one is going to be about. If its in Europe they have a clean slate to start everything over. But on thee other side we have the chance of visiting the Commonwealth (most advanced settlement of humans). Really excited for December
Nah, Europe wouldn't have FO feeling
As for Commonwealth- I was always convinced that it's located somewhere in Canada
One more reason more to set game there (since it was annexed and stuff)

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I dont see the boring story in F3 as bad, in open world games you make the story yourself by exploring and that is far more important to me. F3 was awesome as was NV. Now on the other side Morrowind was awesome, but Skyrim was just plain boring. I think its all the little stories you do, side quests, things you find in the little corners of the game that makes it shine - especially for me anyway. I think its best to wait for more info for F4, seems stupid getting negative when all you have is a title.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Either way, it looks like Fallout fans can be cautiously optimistic about this one. Fallout: New Vegas, the last Fallout game, was released back in 2010, and was outsourced to Obsidian Entertainment instead of the core Bethesda team.
And managed to be better written while less fun to explore as a result. Hopefully they bridge the two for this one. Maybe just outsource the writing this time? Oh, and get more than 2 people to do QA. Seriously.

Bethesda, some tips?

Things to keep from Fallout 3:
The full map of interesting and memorable things to explore.
Making weapons from random bits of scrap, to make it feel like you're actually living in this world.
Atmosphere (but please not the stupid green sky or the inability to grow shrubs, for whatever asinine reason they existed in the first place)

Things to keep from New Vegas:
Weapon Mods and ammo types
The ability to kill EVERYONE
The higher level cap
Choices that actually effect gameplay!
The much improved dialog.

Things to avoid from both:
Get someone who can do voice overs. Better yet? Get more than three. Get quite a few. We're already doomed to be stuck with the next iteration of "Patrolling the Mojave desert makes me wish for a nuclear winter" or "blah blah blah arrow in the knee", and we accept (hell, I think we WANT) that, but at least try to make a few of the NPCs sound interesting.