Fallout: *Insert City Here*

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
Well, since Fallout is all about that 1950's America in the future thing, you couldn't really put it anywhere other than the states...or could you? *dun dun DUNNN* No, really. They need to make one that takes place in Canada. For one, it's Canada. For second, Loading Ready Run are Canadian, and then they might be able to put in an Easter egg classic blue + LRR's symbol LRR t-shirt. For third, America took over Canada right before the war, so there would be a lot of Americans there, and maybe even 50s America stuff; so the effect wouldn't be so lost. For fourth, it would be an excuse to have a crazy Canadian man that thinks he's French in a tower with a musket, spouting madness and taking pot shots at the player, for a hilarious encounter. For fifth, it would be a change of pace. Perhaps Canada didn't get hit by as many nukes, like the areas in New Vegas and surrounding DLC areas; thus you would have forests, snow, houses. If done properly, it could look more like the entire area was simply abandoned, that no nukes ever hit. Everything is simply warn, not destroyed. There is little life in this snowy landscape dotted with houses. The cold morning fog creating a creepy atmosphere.

Note, I don't live in Canada. Never been to Canada either. So, if there isn't any snow there, or pine trees, or not lots of houses, excuse me. Also, Canadian Mounties outfit. You know you want one.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Fallout: Beijing. It'd be interesting to see the other side of the war.

EDIT: Ninja'd, of course. Fallout: St. Petersburg then.

StoneCutter

Dec 29, 2010
Fallout: Seattle, hmmm...
well I think the terrain of the Puget sound would make for a good fallout-like game, what with the lakes and hills and whatnot. However, we'll definitely need a Chernobyl-ify it somewhat to fit the "fallout" vibe.

On a somewhat related note, I'm currently reading "Boneshaker", which is about an alternate reality early-1900s Seattle with steampunk and zombies, which could make for a pretty cool game if we were to add some fallout...

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I reckon a Fallout: London or Fallout: Sydney/Melbourne would be pretty cool. A destroyed London would be really interesting to search through and Australia was the setting for the movie that gave Fallout 3 it's inspiration after all. Also a Russian fallout would be interesting and could have a nuclear winter just for a change.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
mikespoff said:
Fallout: Johannesburg.

Damn, that city is scary enough even before the nuclear holocaust...
Fallout: Durban.

One mission involves you having to liberate the city's last stockpile of marijuana from ghouls, so the OUS (Order of United Surfers) will give you the secret to being "lekker, bru."

kevinsux909

Mar 4, 2010
kouriichi said:
Fallout: Hawaii.

They didnt actually get nuked when the war happened. You play a local whos living his life normally ((when compaired to the other FO games)) when a giant iron ship shows up full of raiders, turning your semi-apocalyptic island into a full on hell.
That is the best idea for a fallout I think I've ever read.

OT: Tokyo is getting gravely overcrowded and running low on food, as two large factions try to decide the fate of one of the most populated cities.

First faction is a large group of people with Edo period weapons and armor, believing the Great war was the fault of technology and a return to old ways would help.

The second group could be complete opposite. A group similar to the BoS, technology can help to rebuild Japan to its former glory.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Fallout: New London (we're getting an idea after looking at the riot attacked buildings :).
I think it would be great though :). Explore Buckingham Palace or something :)

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Perth, Western Australia.

In short; No, Perth would not make a good fallout location.

In long;

A single suitcase nuke would litteraly vaporise the entirety of the city. There would be no city left for a game to take place in; it would litteraly leave a crater and nothing else. And this is considering that one of the smallest, weakest nukes in history was used. Considering it would be a full-blown nuclear war, i doubt they would use a tiny nuke.

Unless the fallout was called FALLOUT: HOLE-IN-THE-GROUND eddition, then it wouldnt be a good idea to set perth as the location for a Fallout game.

liveslowdiefast

Jan 17, 2010
Fallout Hilton Head Island, that place is awesome, and i think it would be cool going around like the post nuke versions of these high class resorts, hotels and the famousish golf coarse.

SSoSFAGTiaCaGwaP

Mar 11, 2011
Fallout: Adelaide, Australia

Nothing happens here, and I don't think even a nuclear war would make this place more interesting.

Comieman

Jul 25, 2010
Moscow, Russia.
Hmmm.... we are in middle of forests and swamps, unlike New Vegas, but we DO have a fuck ton of underground tunnels, so people like Brotherhood of Steel will be super happy with their thing for living underground.

Comieman

Jul 25, 2010
Tax_Document said:
Fallout: Moscow? That'll be cool!

Right?
Also, what the hell happened to Russia in Fallout series? Did they ally with US / China or did they get nuked as bystanders? Or did they nuke themselves because that's what our government wanted for past decades?

TO WIKIPEDIA!

KILGAZOR

Magnificent Retard
Dec 27, 2010
J_Monsterface said:
i heard that theyre gonna make a fallout: detroit, and its gonna be set in the present day
You win 100 internets.

OT: Fallout: Horishima, and not just for bad taste. This could show the first mutants ever created and how the Fallout timelines and the real world's begin to diverge. Since there's not much on Japan in the Fallout universe, they could should the remnants of imperial Japan start to harness nuclear power for themselves, only to have it blow up in their faces and become the first country annihilated by a nuclear civil war, or something like that.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Fallout Space... God that is a bad idea... OH, I GOT ONE, how about a made up space planet, that way we can travel between a foreign planet and a apocalyptic Earth.

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
Well It can't be a city outside of America considering the franchise is basically nuke a futuristic 1950s America, well maybe we can visit Canada in a DLC, shooting Giant Mutant Moose does have some appeal.

OT: Somewhere in Texas would fit nice cause we all have guns.

Xooiid

Feb 1, 2011
Fallout: Midwest.

What, you just wanted one city, Like Wichita or Kansas City? Forget that! If we're going to give you stunning hi-def 1080p flat plains for miles around, we're gonna give you six whole states of it!

Also, radioactive twisters and rad tarantulas.

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
Bakersfield, CA. However I believe I am disqualified because my hometown is already a Fallout City. Have you guys ever heard of Necropolis

Ben Jackson

Apr 5, 2010
Fallout Blackpool,England.
This would be hilarious, wait...chavs are alive after the apocalypse...and tourists?
SHIT!
no really, sniping on Blackpool tower would be epic, deathclaws can't use lifts can they?