Fallout New Vegas almost best game ever?

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
SgtFoley said:
Unborn023 said:
JUST 1!!!!!
I see Radscorpians in the ground almost every time i turn the game on lol.
Did you download any of the patches for it? I got it on day one for the ps3 and have yet to actually encounter and real bugs. The game slows down once in awhile like mabey four or five times total. I know the xbox and pc version did origionally have a lot more bugs so that may be it.
seriously? you lucky bastard. i have it on ps3, and its just crashed completely several times. the bugs made the game scary because i just didn't know when it would crash and lose all my progress. VATS takes a good couple of seconds to load every time which really breaks the mood for me.

i am just amazed you encountered no bugs on ps3.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Played it when it came out, but never finished it because of the many-many bugs. I have heard that they have fixed most of them on pc but owners of console versions are still shit out of luck on that department. Probably going to buy it again when goty or something with all the dlc comes out. But even without the bugs it's probably not the best game ever, because a game that turns playable after six or so months is not "the best game ever" material in my books.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Unborn023 said:
GonzoGamer said:
mad825 said:
No, the plot is still somewhat poor and suffers from a few game design flaws like the use of the invisible walls, which has a big impact on it being a open world game.
Yea, and I miss the random encounters too.
It's too bad, I thought that big patch they released six months after the game launched was supposed to fix most of the problems. I guess not.

Glitches by the Number,
Bugs by the score,
every day I play it less,
'cause each day it crashes more,
Glitches by the number,
It's a game I can't win,
'Caus the quests I do stop counting,
and the game picks when to end.

Heartache number one was when they left me
I never knew companions go away
And then at vault twenty two
Was when I found them again
Got them back but couldn't make them stay

Yes, I've got
Glitches by the Number,
Bugs by the score,
every day I play it less,
'cause each day it crashes more,
Glitches by the number,
It's a game I can't win,
'Caus the quests I do stop counting,
and the game picks when to end.

Endless Loading Screen
was what would halt me
And one side of those Vegas gates I stay
With cowboy hat
I waited for what's beyond the door
I waited but could not go on my way
Lmao can't believe u just typed a poem about it
Pretty damn accurate and good for something on the fly though
The radio kept playing that Heartache by the Number song so I re-wrote the lyrics while waiting for things to load. I also started working on lyrics for a song called "Johnny Retard." I sometimes heard that song play twice in a row.

TheEverix

May 31, 2011
I've encountered very little in the way of bugs.

I have, however, encountered what I call broken game-play mechanics. Like, for example, having a morality system and a faction system, neither of which seemed to work. Why is it that ordering somebody to be crucified rather than opting for an honorable dual doesn't give me negative karma? Why does deciding to assist a group of escaped thieves and murderers only result in their captors hating me, and not everybody else in the world hating me too? Why does each major faction offer me a chance to renew favor with them for literally NO COST at a certain point, despite me murdering every single person in their faction that I have ever met? How is it that I killed everybody and stole everything on my way to New Vegas, and arrived with the morality class Paladin?

The game-play itself was solid, as all Bethesda games are, but they added some ridiculous things to the game that were either unneeded or fundamentally broken (either through bad implementation, just un-immersive, or roleplay breaking.) These things made it impossible for me to enjoy it. As such, no. In my opinion, New Vegas is nowhere near the best game ever. In my opinion, it doesn't even rank.

Of course, that doesn't discredit your opinion, but that's my 2 cents.

deckpunk

Apr 5, 2011
I prefer fallout 3 but Vegas has its moments, both had bugs but the bugs in new Vegas broke my will to finish the game, which is weird considering I got everything and I mean EVERYTHING in fallout 3. It could have been great but the sheer amount of time I spent waiting, hoping, and praying that eventually the game would stop loading and let me inside the building I just entered was too much. Many times I have sat staring into the screen turing red with rage while trying to unfreeze the game with my mind. When my psychic powers failed, I tried bargaining, swearing, physically assaulting and seducing the frozen loading screen but it was not be...

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Xealeon said:
Meh, I thought Fallout 3 was much better as a game and didn't have quite as many bugs.
Indeed...and I always wondered how the hell did they manage to have more bugs in new vegas than in Fallout 3, seriously they had like what 2 years or something like that to fix their shit.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Best game ever? I hope that was a joke. Because seriously that would have been the best joke ever.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Simple Bluff said:
You're not very lucky it seems, my last playthrough was pestilence free. Apart from a few graphical glitches. And that one faceless guy in the Mormon Fort who kept trying to kill me.
No, it's just that a ghost is haunting your game disc. :p
Actually, the arms merchant at the 188 lost her face once, and then veronica and cliff dissapeared of the face of the earth...
Had to reload.

lovest harding said:
Radscorpion stuck in the ground
Heh, i find that keeps them still...

Anyways...
Fallout New Vegas without the bugs is still far from perfect, but it is still a VERY good game.
mad825 said:
No, the plot is still somewhat poor and suffers from a few game design flaws like the use of the invisible walls, which has a big impact on it being a open world game.
I'm suprised nobody really picked up on that.
The invisible walls really annoyed me, especially when exploring mountains.
Seriously they needed more mountain exploration in that game.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
in many ways, i felt so much more drawn into NV than FO3, and i enjoyed the experience more. That being said, i haven't devoted HALF the time to it that i did FO3, and i still don't know why. I had game crashing bugs A LOT. (selling at vendors, then ending transaction almost always warranted a crash) and I was so disappointed that they didn't learn from FO3 and put a permenant ending in. Terrible move, in any modern RPG if you ask me. Don't create an enthralling story that i want to see out to the end, AND a massive world with so much to explore, and then not let me finish exploring because i liked the story so much... I felt punished for my need to keep going. It was a stupid idea in Fallout 3, and it's a stupid idea in New Vegas.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I don't think it's anywhere near the best game ever. Don't get me wrong, it's a freaking awesome game, and one of my favorites, but nowhere near the best.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
I had very few bugs that I couldn't tolerate, the flying radscorpion was... unsettling, but all in all I give it 4.6 stars out of 5.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
It's good, but it's really not close to being one of my favourite games ever. It wouldn't even make my list of favourite RPGs and I have played a lot of RPGs, it's my favourite type of game.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I loved Fallout: New Vegas, but I'm starting to think I'm one of the only people who didn't encounter many bugs. Occasionally it would crash behind a loading screen, but other games have done that too, so I'm not seeing the supposedly game-breaking glitches that other people are always going on about.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
It corrupted my PS3 and deleted ALL OF MY DATA. I lost all of my multiplayer ranks, trophies, singleplayer data and everything else. Words cannot describe all of my rage for this game, so I will sum it up with this picture:

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
This would have been a pretty good game if Obsidian took the time to finish it. I'm not talking about the Bugs because everyone knows about that by now; New Vegas has several Places where you can see things that aren't properly done.
Overlapping Quests? Fine, although it's a bit hard to find out why this and that Character wont talk to you sometimes.
I guess it's realistic that you can't finish a Quest involving some Character you killed earlier. What isn't realistic is the message "Quest failed: Some Questname you never saw before" that pops up. The Quest overlapping could have been completely omitted and the Game would've been better. Also i wouldn't have felt like i'm being punished for exploring, which is already a bit annoying because of the invisible Walls.

Another thing is the crafting. Wanna have a crafting System to enhance the "Survivor in the Wilderness" Mood? Then why can't i make a campsite anywhere? A tent that i can take with me and a despawning Fire would have been nice. Camp somewhere, get a random chance of being surprised by Enemies or maybe Friends, fix up your Gear 10% (because you clean your Guns and patch your Armor), get healed by sleeping and wake up with a little Critbuff because you drank a Coffee.

A Window to craft in doesn't enhance the Atmosphere. Why do i have to have oddly specific Components to craft Stuff? I need Powder for Pistols. Assault Rifle Powder wont do much good, unless i find Primer and Case for Assault Rifle Bullets.

I need a "empty Soda Bottle", my "empty Nuka Cola Bottle" or any other Bottle i have with me can't be used to put my newly created Lemonade in. And why can't i fill up empty Bottles with Water? Fallout 3 had that Problem, but that didn't have a Crafting System so i'll let the "empty Bottles for Scenery" slide.

If they didn't have the Time to make a proper Crafting System they shouldn't have tried.

Ambushes would be realistic. You walk around and then a Raider jumps out from behind a Rock.
Te little red Peg that would normally be on the Compass isn't there because you can't see the Raider yet because he's hiding. Realistic but with that Obsidian has nerfed the "Perception" stat. As if that wasn't useless enough.
Also, energy Weapons got nerfed. Really badly. This throws me off a bit, why would anyone use or develop energy Weapons if they are so useless? Apparently Obsidian wanted to have some wild West Flair. Bethesda did a better Job with that with Megaton.
And there are other Elements in the Story where Bethesda did a better Job.

"All my Circuits" is a Show within the "Futurama" Universe. They used to Joke about Amnesia there; comically flat Characters who all have Amnesia at some Point.
The Joke about Amnesia being used far too often was old when New Vegas came along.

One may think New Vegas has a better Story and more fleshed out Characters. But they do throw Amnesia in your Face right at the Start.

Whatever Story i read/play/see/whatever starts with Amnesia is off to a bad Start. 1000 Points from Obsidian.

Also, while New Vegas is superior in Storytelling despite the Amnesia Beginning, Fallout 3 did have some good Moments. Good Characters, like Fawkes or Dr. Braun.
Nice Places, like the Oasis, Tenpenny Tower, Megaton and Vault 101. No tired old Amnesia here.

The Connection between Storytelling and Gameplay was better at some Places. Liberty Prime was over the Top and stupid, but still better then a 300 year old B-17. Which gets disassembled, transported and reassembled by Robots but Whatever.

I'd rather play Fallout 3. The World was created for me to play with. I make Mods and run around and Bethesda is fine with that. Obsidian restricts me and it seems as if they made do with the Engine they got.
I'd rather have Bethesda develop a new Fallout Title. Obsidian Games have been very bug ridden.
Bethesda is learning how to make a nice Story. The Progress can be seen when you compare Oblivion and Fallout 3. Let's see how Skyrim turns out.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I encountered a few game crashing bug,s but it,s not a Gamebryo/Bethesda game without them.
it kinda makes FO3 feel like a Beta or Alpha game in comparison.