Fallout New Vegas

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Vault101 said:
I dont like to specualte thers not much point, and we all know how friggin unpleaseable the fans of the originals are

Even its its just more of the same I couldnt be happyer

Can't wait!!!
the original fans are the ones that are pleased with new vegas while the bandwagon fans who only joins because bethesda was a part of it are throwing a fit for the same reason as the original fans did. sweet irony.
fair enough, but still I don;t like speculating because all it seems to do is make people angry

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
redbeta22 said:
Mr.PlanetEater said:
redbeta22 said:
Fallout New Vaegas: The Expansion pack that walks like a sequel. Fuck new Vegas.
Yes because a new story, new characters, new weapons, new developers, a new map that
is then Fallout 3' with no relation to Fallout 3 what so ever is definitely an expansion.
Then why isn't it called Fallout 4?
To sooth the NMA folk who raged at Fallout 3 having little to do with Fallouts 1 and 2, presumably.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
I dont get why people love Fallout3 so much.. I got it at release on the PC and after maybe a week it just got shelved. I've come back to it alot over the years, but it just doesnt suck me in like Fallout 1,2 did and other RPG games have in the past (Morrowwind)

Oblivion and Fallout3 really arent that much different from each other in alot of ways.. both feel sterile, have slopy interfaces, and seem like they are missing something. I dont have any DLC for Fallout3 so maybe thats one reason it does that to me, but you should be able to judge a game from its released and patched state.

I actually made a new character yesterday and ran around again and once again just cant get into it much. I am hoping New Vegas sucks me in again, Ive been playing Fallout games since Wasteland in the late 80s, New Vegas really reminds me alot of the MMO Fallen Earth - which is a pretty good game IMO.

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
redbeta22 said:
Fallout New Vaegas: The Expansion pack that walks like a sequel. Fuck new Vegas.
My thoughts exactly. Yet, i will buy it....probably.

Mar 30, 2010
Starke said:
I actually enjoy Fallout 3, but, that said, Emu, you're probably right. The first two are RPGs, Fo3 is an FPS with RPG mechanics.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I really can't say enough praise for the original games (and before people start levelling nostalgia at me yes I played F2 before F3 but I didn't play F1 or FT until after F3) but I also really enjoyed F3 for what it was. It's just as much fun insinuating my way into a Mafia family in New Reno as it is storming through the DC ruins cutting down Talon Company and Super Mutants alike, but they're fun for different reasons.

Do I wish F3 was more RPG and less FPS? Yeah I do, but that's precisely why I'm interested in seeing what New Vegas can bring to the table - with any luck the "Hardcore" mode (how I hate that word) will nudge gameplay away from F3's shoot'n'slash heavy gameplay and back towards the more considered approach of it's predecessors.

Here's hoping New Vegas provides us with a happy marriage of the old and the new.

Mr_spamamam

Mar 4, 2009
I think its gonna be good. From the sounds of it, it's gonna be like fallout 3 with some of the good idea from the previous games incorporated into it.

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
I might get it, love the 'realistic mode' in it. Dieing of malnutrition and thirst will be something different then usual.

WelshDanny

May 10, 2010
Artinam said:
I might get it, love the 'realistic mode' in it. Dieing of malnutrition and thirst will be something different then usual.
Yep. I'm playing it hardcore. Because you know, I'm hardcore.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
-Drifter- said:
Yes, I suppose it would be if you're a moron who can't pay attention to anything for more than 5 seconds if someone's head isn't exploding. One of the things people liked so much about the older games is that you could approach just about any given situation from multiple angles, instead of just resorting to murder every time.
I'm sorry but I gotta call bull on this. A game that is action filled does not make it automatically stupid.

Lets look at Fallout 3. It has explosions, you killing people, guns and lots of action. It is not by any means stupid, if you take it stupidly, you get killed very quickly depending on how difficult you want the game to be.
There is a massive amount of ways you can take Fallout 3. Do you snipe an enemy, sneak up with a shotgun, use explosives, hack a robot to kill them for you or avoid it all together. If you stick F3 on very hard, resource management becomes very intense and you have to constantly be on your toes otherwise you will run out of bullets and you will die.

I also find it funny how lots of people think mainstream shooters are stupid when you can die in a few however in games like TF2 or Half Life you can soak up bullets like a sponge.

I take it you didn't notice that that the above person stated they played Fallout 2 after Fallout 3, and the same goes for me. People should really stop living under the assumption that just because something is old it's automatically bad.
It doesn't mean it's bad, you're right. However there is a reason why many don't play games that are over 10 years old
They are dull
Say what you will, the story is better in Fallout 2 but it is so boring to play compared to many faster paced games.
You can call people stupid about liking stupid games but to call someone stupid because they want an exciting game is stupid

Flying-Emu said:
Graphics have no bearing on a game. At all. Isometric or first person, sprites or bump-mapping, doesn't make a shit of difference to me.
Ultratwinkie said:
graphics don't fucking matter
I'm assuming then neither of you want to bother upgrading your computer then or buy a console. Of course graphics matter otherwise we'd all be playing text based games

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Mr.PlanetEater said:
redbeta22 said:
Yes because a new story, new characters, new weapons, new developers, a new map that
is then Fallout 3' with no relation to Fallout 3 what so ever is definitely an expansion.
Please dont feed the angry troll...I bet he is upset that Halo 4 (I mean Reach was the last)

I BELIEVE...also this game has snow water people...snow...ummm..dingosnakedogthings...slavers and....

Fallout:New Vegas will be a solid gold....dont let the trolls get ya down

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TomLikesGuitar said:
Im gonna
LOSE myself
in the vegas strip
the moment
i own it
and dont let the controller go (woah)
ill only take one shot
and let the VATS take care of yo
waiting for my preorder call
once in a life time (yo)

[small]
once in a lifetime
purify the water now

same as it ever was
same as it ever was
you may ask yourself, how do I kill this mutant?
and you may ask yourself, will this game have automobiles?
and you may say to yourself, my god this game is so awesome.

letting the fallout by
let the water kill your dad
letting the fallout by
wa-ter is what killed your dad
into the dry wasteland
after your dad is gone
once in a life time
purify the water now
[/small]
That was great :D

innocentEX said:
I can't wait, because it means the TS5 will go into development :D
New Veags has no effect on TE5, as it's being developed by Obsidian.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
the original fans are the ones that are pleased with new vegas while the bandwagon fans who only joins because bethesda was a part of it are throwing a fit for the same reason as the original fans did. sweet irony.
Bit of a generalisation there dude.

F3 is my all time favorite game and I'm totally psyched for New Vegas as it's getting the humour, factions and vibe from the first two.

Ultratwinkie said:
By the way, killing enemies with different guns does NOT constitute different strategies.

strategy =/= kill him with my gun, or my OTHER gun?
In fairness, Fallout 1 and 2 aren't exactly bursting at the seems with strategy either.

-move behind wall
-wait for enemy to shoot
-pop out, shoot at eyes, duck back
-pray they don't get a critical hit and insta kill you

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Ultratwinkie said:
i don't need to upgrade my computer, why? because i make smart decisions and cannot buy without research. you just throw all these assumptions around with no facts, or common sense. maybe you should practice what you preach, rush in blindly and you get killed. you think many don't play old games because they are DULL? did you borrow your brain from president bush? people play games because they are GOOD, not because of some retarded explosions. You assume everyone is the same ADD stricken 5 year old which they are not.

billy madison says it best. By the way, killing enemies with different guns does NOT constitute different strategies.

strategy =/= kill him with my gun, or my OTHER gun?

also you say that people don't like dull games? when civilization, GTA IV, Mass effect, and dragon age all make profits and have HUGE FOLLOWINGS? your logic is so flawed it can pass for an American intel report on WMDs in iraq.
You still have upgraded your computer though, therefore graphics matter. Also you cannot argue to me that a text based game is more fun then say; COD4, Batman Arkum Asylum or guitar hero (I have no idea what kind of games you like but I assume they have an interface).

What assumptions are you on about? I'm a completely different person you were arguing with before otherwise you just went ape shit on me for nothing

A lot of old games are dull, some can stand the test of time, many cannot though. It's not because we're all ADD ridden, because the market changes, people want different products based on loads of different factors.

Here's a good list of reasons why we don't play the same game over and over again. People buy new consoles, they don't want to play the same game again, they want to play games which can relate to modern day situations, they want games they can go online with (opposed to games with such a small community there is less then 10 players a day). That's even before the social factors, think why the Wii sold so well because many people are concious about their weight so they want to buy games that are active

I said other methods besides using another gun but if you don't want to listen... What ways did the original fallouts let you do when you saw an enemy then?

You're mistaking your opinion for fact, many people still play those games to date and they have fun, exciting points. Including me, GTA IV has some incredible moments going down the streets on a bike being chased by the police while dodging through traffic