Fallout: When the Bull came (Starting)

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
"best suggestion I've heard all day, name's Thomas Godfeathers"

John took Tom's hand and shook it firmly "John, John Matthews" he said as he realizes his smoke was almost out "damn" he said as he drops it on the ground and steps on it, putting it out, he then pulls out the pack of cigarettes from earlier and edges another cigarette up, grabbing it with his mouth he puts the pack back and he lights it.

he walks back to where he put his guitar and picks it up, putting the strap of it over his right shoulder and turns to Tom "so the wrangler?" he said to his new friend.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Tom shakes John's hand and smile.
"where else?" He pulled out the deck and started shuffling them "play you for a drink, loser pays for the first round?". He looked over at the kid and the ghoul. "Would be a great band name" he thought and made a hand gesture that said "you guys wanna come or..."

Clade-170

May 25, 2013
I smile, " I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a few rounds" saying somewhat hesitant and trying to seem none shelont about it.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
The Atomic Wrangler smelled of bitter smoke and sour liquor chased with the ever present salty tang of human sweat. Twitch nursed a bottle of Sunset Sarsaparilla, the cool sweetness calming the building heat of panic building in the back of his mind. He watched the other's play another round of Caravan. He'd lost the first hand and begged off the second. He never did have a very good grasp of the rules, and he'd found card games nearly as absurd as gambling away hard earned caps on the Strip, but he wouldn't fault others their absurdities. He'd didn't mind paying for drinks, he'd of bought them even if he hadn't lost, he owed these ones that much at least. Forming that debt into words though... that took a measure of doing. Twitch turned over the words one by one, looking at their edges and meanings until they fit together just right. He spoke, his voice low and steady, meant to ensure that the words spoken didn't sound past their table, "I... I'd like to thank you folks for... for what you did earlier. I appreciate it, but it wasn't necessary and it may mean... trouble for you down the line. Can't say for sure if anyone saw or didn't, but I mean to get in front of trouble if it's comin'. Tomorrow, I'll head to Gomorrah and speak to Brother Saturday... end this quick, one way or the other. Any of you know of the Sons of Samedi?"

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
There's nobody here, there was supposed to be someone here.

James had arrived at the meeting place between Hidden Valley and Nipton. The hilly area between the two locations was difficult for groups to move around in, but one person who knew the land could traverse easily. The Legion didn't know this land properly, not even their frumentarii had made much progress here. This was wrong. James scouted the surrounding area, looking for the contact, pacing back and forth for minutes with no sig-

Then his foot caught a backpack that had been dumped on the ground. It was uncommon, but not unheard of for messengers to leave their packs when they couldn't stay at a meeting place. Instructions should be inside.

You will find friends at the Wrangler, make contact with them. Use the entry permit to access Freeside.
The Resistance Prevails.

This thing was dumped in a hurry, the Legion might be stepping things up here, or learning to track our members. The Atomic Wrangler, I can get there, the Mojave is crawling with the Legion but I can get there. Probably best to avoid combat where possible.

James emptied the contents of the backpack and placed a single bullet in it before leaving it where he had found it. It would be a message to the Resistance that instructions had been received. Any scavenger or traveller who found the backpack would empty it of all contents or perhaps even take the pack. The bullet meant the intended recipient had found the message.

Time for the Wrangler, might take a couple of days to get past the patrols and into Freeside. Who could these friends be, potential recruits? New informants?

Time to go.

Clade-170

May 25, 2013
"Any of you know of the Sons of Samedi?"

Sitting at the bar drinking a bottle of whisky I look up to Twitch,
"Aint they supposed to be some sort of drug running group?"
I take another swig, and sigh "and you think those men were members don't you?".

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
"i fold" tom said, pushing the worst hand he'd had all night away.
As Twitch raised his voice he silenced his mental voice who were in the process of blessing Twitch for paying for drinks "thank the gods for Twitch, buyer of drinks, saviors of cap sacks."

"I... I'd like to thank you folks for... for what you did earlier. I appreciate it, but it wasn't necessary and it may mean... trouble for you down the line. Can't say for sure if anyone saw or didn't, but I mean to get in front of trouble if it's comin'
Tom had raised his glass when Twitch paused. But stopped himself when he continued talking, glass hovering in the air.

"Tomorrow, I'll head to Gomorrah and speak to Brother Saturday... end this quick, one way or the other. Any of you know of the Sons of Samedi?"

"Aint they supposed to be some sort of drug running group? And you think those men were members don't you?"

He put the glass back down and gestured as he spoke "wait, are you talking about those guys with that green scull like symbol thing?"

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
John had been playing "The Rookie" card pretending to be rather crap "thank you Twitch for your money, It shall be spent well" he said laughing as I pick up a whiskery bottle next to him.

"Tomorrow, I'll head to Gomorrah and speak to Brother Saturday... end this quick, one way or the other. Any of you know of the Sons of Samedi?" "nope, never heard of them" he said siting back in his chair before taking a swig of his whiskery.

"Aint they supposed to be some sort of drug running group? And you think those men were members don't you?" John's head snaps forward with a very serious face "Drug Runners, you know I think I might go with you kid" he said chuckling a little

Clade-170

May 25, 2013
After finishing my whisky I somewhat study the empty bottle over. Allot of things went through my mind in that moment, most of it were memories of my past life. For over a century Iv pondered on the meaning of my survival, sometimes I thought it was luck. But deep down I wanted to think that maybe just maybe it was for some reason.

I was probably around the age of these men during that faithful moment, when it seemed an entire sun had ben born right here on earth. The moment when I felt my skin singe and shrivel up to its current state, I can still remember the unbearable pain that fallowed. And when I awoke, I found that I was alone and death himself I felt was near. The world as I knew it, died that day.

I pray to god that no other man has to see and go through halfthe stuff Iv seen and ben through. Such things would have rendered most men dead a long time ago. But miraculously, Im still here, alive and well...for the most part that is.

The more I thought about it, the more it felt clear. It was like the fog had finally ben uplifted and all that I sought appeared before me. I know of all things I was gifted in three areas, medicine, fighting, and how to use guns. Since the legion took over the need for healers has increased at a significant rate, and with everything going the way it is, its gonna take everyone to defeat that accursed Bull.

Right then I knew, that this was my purpose in life. I was to be the one to bring the mighty Ceasar to his knees and all that fallowed him. Arrogant? perhaps, but at this stage in my life I could think of no other reason for me to be alive. Looking at the men around me I finally say.

"I may be old fellas, but this old man still has teeth. And right now, Im about to do something that could very well be the end of my life, but for the sake of all that is Human, I would gladly go through with it. Im going to bring the fight to Ceaser, and if you want to join me I wont stop you. But know that this will be a narrow road but a noble one. His forces continue to crucify innocent men, women, and children for no reason, its time that we teach them a lesson and I...WILL MAKE HIM PAY FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE"

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
John reached over and placed a hand on Howard "Howard calm yourself, we will deal with Ceaser but later much later my friend and when we do get our hands on him we'll strap him to one of HIS CROSSES and push him off of Hoover Dam, but for the time being we must do what little we can" he said sitting back in his chair

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Twitch nodded as a few murmured responses trickled in. At least they knew a bit of it, though not nearly enough, "Not just drug runners... a cult, men and women with dark gods and dark ways. Dangerous to cross Saturday, they say his shadow's long and lingers in all the hiding places. So I won't hide, face him upfront, end him if need be, maybe strike a deal, have to wait and see."

The singer, the one who called himself John and wore a sheet of metal like a shirt, piped up and spoke of joining him. It was a kind offer, but that chuckle was a bit too easy. This would not be a thing for glory or songs, this would be begging, bargaining, bloodshed. Some men weren't made for that and Twitch knew too little about this man to judge him proper, so he'd warn him at least, "Come if you like, but I can't promise you anything. I can keep me alive, that's about it, can't say the same for any-"

Twitch lost the last bit of his thought as one of the ghouls erupted in an angry tirade, railing against Caesar. Perhaps he was a bit touched in the head. The outburst seemed rather random given the circumstances, and even with a fire burning in the ghoul's eyes Twitch was unimpressed. He'd seen those bright fires before and they burned too quick and died even quicker. If he was an old man, he should know better. Bright fires were quick, fleeting things, it was the low, smoldering embers that did the trick, the cold, slow heat that took a man's hatred and hardened it, sharpened it, and turned it into a blade that could do some real damage. But it took a certain sort of person to build that sort of fury up, Twitch had only seen it a handful of times, and he'd seen it strongest in the man with the twisted hair..., "You don't kill a Bull by shoutin' at it. You tire it out, cut it, bleed it, turn the Legion's ways against them, until the Bull falters and falls. Killin' Caesar is nothin'. Caesar is just a man, he bleeds like a man, no matter what he claims. The Legion is an idea, ideas don't die easy, not unless you bring down the Old World's fire from the skies, and the road from here to the Divide is a long and lonely one if you care to walk it."

The words soured the air for a bit. Twitch didn't mean to sound harsh, or disrespectful, but he'd seen too many good sorts throw themselves on the Bull's horns and not accomplish a damn thing. That sort of crazy had to end, that battle needed a new sort of thinking. The Bear had learned that the hard way. But all of this was neither here nor their at the present moment. There were more immediate dangers to deal with, "Won't be a thing you can do about the Legion, if this red shaman has it out for your head. Best deal with that first."

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
This moment, the one right now. Would be the first thing that was going to crawl thought Tom's memory when he had sobered up. And he could look back at it with equal parts pride and denial.

The memory started with Tom having put the cork of a whiskey bottles, his third one judging by the two laying infront of him. to his teeth and was in the process of trying to open it as he listened to the other ghoul's rant. As drunk as he was, he noticed that several of the people in the wrangler had started scowling at them.
Tom tried to ignore them and finally managed to open the bottle. it tasted great, the 200 years old drink flowed down his throat as John who had taken on the role of spokes person for common sense stopped talking and Twitch decided to give his comment on Howard's idea.
when he had finished, Tom looked at him with shock and horror in his eyes, his mouth trembling a little before finally saying: "yhouh wan'na njuke Cholorado?"

"oh NO!" did the future Tom with a hangover mumble to himself as he remembered why he shouldn't talk to people while being under the influence of alcohol. to his surprise though, he remembered that drunk Thomas had snatched a tin of mentats form the table next to them and emptied half of it in to his mouth before speaking again.

Tom shook for a moment as the drugs kicked in, battling the alcohol for the control of his brain. He had a terrible headache for a few seconds and then he felt... at peach. everything was so easy, he knew everything and he felt so calm and collected as he looked out over the rest of the bar and saw that most the people in it were now looking at the 4 men sitting around a table and shouting at eachother.
"fellas! Pipe down will ya, the entire clientele can hear you. Besides, bickering never solved a damn thing."
He leaned forward and had to hold himself up so he didn't fall face first down on the table. Just because his brain was going through a temporary improvement didn't mean his body was too.
look, guys, I am all for a mangled and maimed legion and throwing Caesar from tall places to see if he can fly. but Twitch is right, the legion will keep on going without Caesar."

"wow, those pills really are powerful" Tom thought as he listened to himself not talk like a drunken idiot.

the legion is like an earth worm, cut of it's head and you'll now just have two worms rather than one. The legioners are basically just a band of raiders who got hold of some powerful weaponry. Hiding behind Caesar as an excuse to harm others. If you wanna stop them you need to put out every single thing that has ever had been a driving force for their bloodthirst. you'd need to weaken it, if a bull breaks all it's legs do you try to nurse it or do you put it out of it's misery".

"okay, I definitely need to keep a tray of those around for later" Tom mentally reminded himself as the lady who's table he had stolen the mentats from took them back and gave him a punch in the face. He didn't fight back, seeing how he had stolen her drugs. And once they wore off and he returned to his drunk self he would probably spend the rest of the night trying to aggravate her.

Clade-170

May 25, 2013
Realizing the reality of the situation I nod in understanding. Twitch was right, perhaps it was best to approach the problem in a smarter way. But the passion still burned within my chest, I wanted nothing more then to see the Legion disappear from the face of the Earth.

"Ok fine, you've made your point...so... this, Saturday guy. How can we reach him?"

Superlative

May 14, 2012
Freeside was popping off.

Popping off more than usual... that place was always a hot bed of violence and nasty chi... yet now the whole place was radiating something nasty, worse than Bob had ever felt. As he walked though the dangerous streets Bob came across the corpses of Haitians, long since stripped of anything valuable. even in death these men gave off a foul energy, never a good sign.

A few questions and caps later Bob found out who dropped the Haitians and where they went. a little swordplay clear the way to the bar. looking about Bob found a rather diverse group with strong, positive chi radiating from all of them...even the junke.

He sat down at the table and took a long pull off a water bottle.

"I take it you men are the ones who put down the giants in front of the old fort."

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
"I take it you men are the ones who put down the giants in front of the old fort."

quickly John puts his bottle down and puts a hand the sawed off shotgun, he then has another cigarette after lighting it "OK first who wants to know? and second are you with those "Giants"?" he said staring at him from under his hat and lets out a breath of smoke

Superlative

May 14, 2012
"OK first who wants to know? and second are you with those "Giants"?"

Bob laughed a little before introducing himself. "My name is Bob, the last remaining master of the Wu Tang Sword Style. The chi coming from those men was the nastiest i have ever sensed, and that was after they were dead. If something is putting evil energy into dead people I'm all fighting it."

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
"My name is Bob, the last remaining master of the Wu Tang Sword Style. The chi coming from those men was the nastiest i have ever sensed, and that was after they were dead. If something is putting evil energy into dead people I'm all fighting it."

John raised an eyebrow "is he serious? I thought those samurai types died out" he thought staring at him "OK Bob but mind putting that in English please and after that how about you tell us what business you have with us?" he said picking up the whiskery bottle again and pours himself another glass

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Tom who had been attempting to drink the entire whiskey bottle as a shot realized that that dream had been unattainable and was now focusing on the stranger sitting amongst them. "so what is it you are getting at...... And what do you mean putting in to dead people? I didn't see anybody touch them after they went limp" Tom said as he decided that maybe the full bottle shot idea might still work and poured another large dosage down his gullet before going "Weren't those samurai types Chinese too?" Tom said and flung his own gun on the table "as in, the people who blew young Howard here and all his past friends in to shits and dust" he looked over at Howard "no offense ment, it's just...." he flinched and imitating that Eden guy who used to babble away on the enclave radio a few years ago before he just suddenly disappeared: " Let not those who doomed America wander unpunished. For they are the.... Uhmm. Ahh screw it!" he said jokingly and returned his attention to the bottle again, letting John who actually seemed to know what he was doing do the interrogation

Is it strange that I feel kind of racist now. I mean it is relevant to fallout cannon and Tom is supposed to be a nationalist and it is relatively vanilla, but still

Superlative

May 14, 2012
"Weren't those samurai types Chinese too? as in, the people who blew young Howard here and all his past friends in to shits and dust" he looked over at Howard "no offense meant, it's just....Let not those who doomed America wander unpunished. For they are the.... Uhmm. Ahh screw it!"

Bob lifted an eyebrow. "High yellow as I might be I've never been confused for Chinese before. As for those men, they were possessed by something I don't know of. Chi is life energy, all living things, such as ourselves, have it. Those men, even after death, still had some residual lingering in them, and it wasn't pleasant. If any of you could feel what I felt then you would do whatever you had to in order to find its source and eliminate it. Our twitchy friend here might even give up chems to stop it."

I realize I forgot to mention skin tone in the bio. Bob is black, sorry I forgot to mention it.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
"You can peddle your 'chi' with Saturday's Samedi, it's all the same shit," Twitch's voice boiled through gritted teeth, aimed at the newcomer who'd swaggered up to the table bold as he pleased. This sudden influx of religious prattle had far exceeded Twitch's daily tolerance level. A bitter sort of bile rose to the back of the young man's throat. Twitch permitted men their gods because human's needed a bit of absurdity, just like they needed to toss away all they owned in search of luck on the Strip. This though, this shit here was real. Saturday wasn't dangerous because he had any magical powers. Saturday was dangerous because he was a damn chem slinging psychopath with an army of keyed up sycophants at his disposal. Twitch hadn't killed those two Haitians because they were filled with any sort of 'dark energy,' he'd killed them because they wouldn't have hesitated to do the same to him. Maybe they were black-hearted bastards, but only because they bowed to the animal within, the animal that Saturday's chants and sermons brought out. Twitch hadn't put Caesar's enemies to the sword because the man called himself a god, fancied himself Mars made flesh. He'd done it because he'd been Caesar's dog, his animal! That animal lived on in Twitch. That animal lived in each of the men at this table, and it damn sure lived in the self-styled master of some long dead band of killers. If there was such a thing as dark energy then it was what kept this godforsaken, wounded world turning, ever since the sky had fallen and stripped away the ten thousand years of domestication men had worked for and left nothing but the ravening beast behind. The sooner men recognized the animal, the sooner they recognized the darkness and stopped trying to hid it behind prayers and supplications, the sooner they could go about chasing way that natural evil with kindness faint as candlelight.

For a moment something clear, sharp and murderous flashed up in the blue of Twitch's eyes, fire in a flash pan, burning white hot for an instant and fading away into nothing. He caught the swordsman's gaze and held it for a long moment, body strangely calm and poised, perfectly still and primed for violence on the slightest hair trigger, "My demons are my own, keep talk of them the fuck out your mouth and they wont be yours."

Twitch turned back to the men at the table and frowned, shaking his head and rising to his feet, "This here is sign of a problem. Got less time than I thought. If a half-blind holy man can stagger into Freeside and tie us to the dead men, Saturday is half way to his vengeance. Thought I'd leave this till morning, not soon enough now. I'll deal with Saturday tonight. If you're following, you'll need a passport, can't help you there."

The lad shoved off from the table and stalked out of the Wrangler without another word. Twitch's word and actions always harmonized. Anything he did he owned, didn't blame it on a god and didn't thank one from it, believed in no mystic force guiding his steps. The closest thing to a god Twitch had ever met was made of flesh and blood, and his lessons had been simple. Gods didn't change the world, men did, even a single man could. That was the ugly purpose of mankind and there was no use hiding from it.