Famous, centuries old Sycamore tree chopped down by a brat.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It's a good movie. Watched it with my father last year because we'd often watch it when I was a kid and it was actually better than I remembered.
Yeah, Kevin Costner films seem to be like that, IMHO, not great, but better than remembered, but long, and Sean Connery is in them.

(Ok, I have Robin Hood, The Untouchables and Dragonheart on DVD)

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
The update absolutely none of you were waiting for: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-67438641

The kid is innocent! I do wish people would stop jumping to conclusions!
The article doesn't mention the circumstances under which he was suddenly found innocent and released, so befitting this Zapp Brannigan gif, I will remain ignorantly skeptical as to this teen's complete innocence...

Reactions: BrawlMan

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
The article doesn't mention the circumstances under which he was suddenly found innocent and released, so befitting this Zapp Brannigan gif, I will remain ignorantly skeptical as to this teen's complete innocence...

Given they haven't released the others (from bail, they aren't on remand for cutting down a tree) I think it'll be along the lines of they coerced an idiot and it's not in the public interest to charge him.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
The update absolutely none of you were waiting for: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-67438641

The kid is innocent! I do wish people would stop jumping to conclusions!
To be fair, the OP didn't mention the adult suspect whom had been arrested at the time (and it seems the second adult suspect was arrested later on). There is a conversation to be had about why people jumped to the conclusion he was the lone culprit; but I think Reddit found that conclusion more entertaining to discuss than reality (because... flogging kids is amusing? I don't know. Reddit is weird).

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
And thus we learned to not always assume someone is guilty before anything is proven beyond arrest. Until the next time someone gets arrested.