Fan Demand Could Produce Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Pack

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Smolderin said:
I just want them to get done with Versus so they can fully commit to Kingdom Hearts 3. Something tells me that would sell more anyways.
According to an interview in Nintendo Power, lead director Tetsuya Nomura stated that Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, "May as well be Kingdom Hearts 3."

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
The Artificially Prolonged said:
I think fans would like it more if they never have to see Lightning again.

Seriously Square Enix just going to have to accept it no one likes Lightning or FFXIII that much even after 3 main games and other spin offs. Perhaps maybe it's time for FFXV or Versus XII if you've still got it locked up in the 4th level basement of HQ?
Well, Japan thinks otherwise. Lightning was voted the most popular female character (next to Aerith and Yuna) of Final Fantasy. It's on the official Final Fantasy Facebook.

Innegativeion said:
If fans demand it, you say?

They don't.

Port the KH final mix collection(s) out of Japan.

The end.
IDK man, many games that have trilogies do get trilogy packs. It wouldn't be any suprise

David VanDusen said:
I'm super confused.

1. There are Final Fantasy XIII fans?
2. There are enough of these mythical Final Fantasy XIII fans that a "desire" or "demand" for a product by them is some how greater than the Final Fantasy VII or Chrono Series fans?

I call bullshit.
1. Yes there are and they have as much relevance to the FF franchise as FF1-12. As long as there is a big enough fandom, there will be sales.
2. Probably. Lightning makes money for Square. Everything she's in sells well. Not as good as FF7 or Chrono, mind you, but the game has gotten mostly positive reviews by both critics and users despite a small portion of the fandom screaming bloody murder.

Sylveria said:
I can't think of anything that there'd be less demand for. You can get FF13 and F13-2 for about $15 each or less brand new. Hell you can get the CE of 13-2 for $30.

You know what there is fan demand for?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_25th_Anniversary_Ultimate_Box

But of course that's staying as a Japan exclusive.

Know what else there's fan demand for? Remakes of 6 and 7, DS/3DS/Vita ports/remakes of 1, 2, 5, and 6, Type-0 getting localized, Versus 13 getting released, Bravely Default getting localized, A new Star Ocean game, TWEWY 2, a Xenogears port/remake/finished version/sequel, another Chrono Something game, a real Parasite Eve game, Dragon Quest 7's 3DS port making ti state side, a new FF Tactics game, even that HD port of FFX you've been teasing for 18 months. I can pretty confidently say any single item on that list is more desired than a trilogy pack of the worst two entries in the series.

Square, you wanna talk about fan demand, actually DO SOMETHING that fans want. Quit trying convince us that we want more FF13, we don't. Lightning is not as cool or hot as you think she is, Toriyama and Nomura, and as soon as the 13 "saga" ends everyone is going to forget she exists. Just make your Lightning cuddle pillow and be done with it, it's plainly obvious that the only reason one of the dullest characters in FF history is still getting the spotlight is cause Toriyama and Nomura want to give the old Eiffel Tower to Lightning.
Well, it's more about demand. If there was no demand for FF13-2 and LR: FF13, then the games would not make the company money. No matter how much you whine and ***** about it, the game is going to sell.

Lunar Templar said:
Lies, no one is asking for 13-3 let a lone a box set of that crap.

sides, if they where REALLY listening to fans they'd have kicked out KH3 and VS by now, as well as a 3DS remake of FFVI and a re-release of some kind for Seiken Densetsu 3
And by "no body asked for 13-3", you mean "I didn't asked for 13-3". There is always a demand for something that does so well for itself that both the games sell very well and sell a combine total 9.6 million copies.

On that note:
Wow, it's like nobody thinks about the other people out there. I've met people (even FF7 fans), who were very nice towards the game FF13 and didn't go off whining and complaining about every single thing they saw in the game. Those fans gave me such polite, logical, outlooks about the game even though it was not like their favorite game in the whole world. I liked FF XIII and didn't like XIII-2, but LR: FF13 seems interesting. Do I want to see FFVsXIII and Type 0? Yes, I do. However, I want to see Lightning get the happy ending that was taken away from her thanks to XIII-2 (again, not happy with that game).

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
KingdomFantasyXIII said:
And by "no body asked for 13-3", you mean "I didn't asked for 13-3". There is always a demand for something that does so well for itself that both the games sell very well and sell a combine total 9.6 million copies.
Yeah? And? I don't know anyone that's played 13 that liked it, I've not seen any one on this site that liked it, cept you apparently.

On that note:
Wow, it's like nobody thinks about the other people out there. I've met people (even FF7 fans), who were very nice towards the game FF13 and didn't go off whining and complaining about every single thing they saw in the game. Those fans gave me such polite, logical, outlooks about the game even though it was not like their favorite game in the whole world. I liked FF XIII and didn't like XIII-2, but LR: FF13 seems interesting. Do I want to see FFVsXIII and Type 0? Yes, I do. However, I want to see Lightning get the happy ending that was taken away from her thanks to XIII-2 (again, not happy with that game).
The problem there is, people that like FF13 are in the minority. as I said above, your like the only person i've heard admit liking these games, this makes it incredibly easy to just dismiss this as Square wasting time and money on crap no one wants, when they could be making games fans have been asking for, LITERALLY FOR A DECADE OR MORE in some cases.

What I personally want?
a real Parasite Eve game
Einhander 2 (look it up)
FF5 and 6 to get a FF4 style remake(the DS one)
Seiken Densetsu 3 re-release on SOMETHING.

Am I going to get any of that? No, I have the gal to like games they seem to rather like to forget, in favor of remaking and re-release the same crap over and over, or making games that leave people asking what they're thinking, like the mess that is Ff13 and 14.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
As if that hadn't been the plan all along.
DVS BSTrD said:
I think they'd prefer to have Final Fantasy Versus.
A thing people actually want to se?? NEVUUR!

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Lunar Templar said:
The problem there is, people that like FF13 are in the minority..
Err, no. The people that dislike FF13 are in the minority. They just have extremely loud voices and refuse to shut up.

Jun 11, 2008
As already said by others do KH final mix collections, KH 3, Final Fantasy Versus and then we'll talk about doing this game as a trilogy pack with all DLC. I liked parts of FF 13 but there is other stuff that they could make that I will buy on day 1.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
So they will do this which no large amount of fans has asked but won't release a HD/remake of FFVII which fans have hammered on for years.

what?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011

Seriously Square Enix just going to have to accept it no one likes Lightning or FFXIII that much even after 3 main games and other spin offs. Perhaps maybe it's time for FFXV or Versus XII if you've still got it locked up in the 4th level basement of HQ?
Final Fantasy XIII is the fourth best-selling game that Square-Enix has ever made (after Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X). Since the sequel didn't do quite as well, I'm assuming the third game is the last attempt to recapture whatever lightning-in-a-bottle made the first fly off the shelves (and continue doing so long after release).

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
MetalMagpie said:

Final Fantasy XIII is the fourth best-selling game that Square-Enix has ever made (after Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X). Since the sequel didn't do quite as well, I'm assuming the thir/
d game is the last attempt to recapture whatever lightning-in-a-bottle made the first fly off the shelves (and continue doing so long after/ release).
Well there was a massive amount of hype behind Final Fantasy XIII as the first next gen FF game, plus I believe it was the first multi-platform release of Final Fantasy game. Both of these things I think could have contributed to why it sold so well. Although I think Square-Enix would have a job on there building hype for a third FFXIII game, at least outside of Japan at any rate.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
FFP2 said:
Lunar Templar said:
The problem there is, people that like FF13 are in the minority..
Err, no. The people that dislike FF13 are in the minority. They just have extremely loud voices and refuse to shut up.
this from FF13 fan encounter #2, this keeps up I might have to use on whole hand to count you folks on.

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
MetalMagpie said:

Final Fantasy XIII is the fourth best-selling game that Square-Enix has ever made (after Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X). Since the sequel didn't do quite as well, I'm assuming the thir/
d game is the last attempt to recapture whatever lightning-in-a-bottle made the first fly off the shelves (and continue doing so long after/ release).
Well there was a massive amount of hype behind Final Fantasy XIII as the first next gen FF game, plus I believe it was the first multi-platform release of Final Fantasy game. Both of these things I think could have contributed to why it sold so well. Although I think Square-Enix would have a job on there building hype for a third FFXIII game, at least outside of Japan at any rate.
There was also a massive amount of hype around Final Fantasy XII and X-2 at their respective times as well and it turned out to wind up selling nowhere near as well as Final Fantasy XIII. Versus XIII also has hype around it too and it wasn't a Final Fantasy numbered title (unless they moved it to the PS4 and renamed it FF15).

Even with FF13, that didn't stop the game from selling at least 5.5 million copies 3 months after it's release when the SE fiscal year ended. The creators aimed for 5 million copies sold sold by those 3 months and they over exceeded in the sales of that time. As time went on, the game sold over 6 million copies 6 months after and is up to 6.71 million as of August 12th 2012. As for shipping, the company shipped 2 million copies and sold over 1.71 million in the first week in Japan.

If the majority really hated FF13, then the sales would not only be lower, but it would not be increasing nor would it have met the expectations met by the company. For example, look at Resident Evil 6. It had a lot of hype around it and shipped 4.5 million copies worldwide. However, the sales were extremely poor. According to Capcom, sales "weakened" following the strong start, with the publisher admitting that the game would not meet their goals, lowering financial projections for their fiscal year as a result. The fans of Resident Evil responded and they were quite negative.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Yet another piece of evidence that Final Fantasy has become an elaborate social experiment and not a game series.

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
TaboriHK said:
Yet another piece of evidence that Final Fantasy has become an elaborate social experiment and not a game series.
you do know Trilogy packs are hot this generation right? MGS trilogy pack, DMC trilogy pack, Mass Effect Trilogy pack, etc. Besides, this is just something they are considering and won't do if there is not enough fan demand for it. It's like when they were considering "1 Final Fantasy game per year like COD" but didn't go with it.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
KingdomFantasyXIII said:
you do know Trilogy packs are hot this generation right? MGS trilogy pack, DMC trilogy pack, Mass Effect Trilogy pack, etc. Besides, this is just something they are considering and won't do if there is not enough fan demand for it. It's like when they were considering "1 Final Fantasy game per year like COD" but didn't go with it.
Yes, but unlike those things, I can't imagine anyone playing XIII-2 after playing one hour of the first title. It's the worst eight dollars I ever spent. The concept of wanting THREE of them is insane to me. Even soliciting the idea is crazy.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
A new Egrgeiz would be well received I think. I know I loved the original, and these days with all the other fighting compilation games out there... Besides it isn't as though the FF universe doesn't have a plethora of characters to pull from.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Lunar Templar said:
this from FF13 fan encounter #2, this keeps up I might have to use on whole hand to count you folks on.
Say whatever makes you happy but sales don't lie.

And the official FF Facebook page had a poll to see who their favourite heroine was and guess who won... Try using a whole hand to count that.

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
TaboriHK said:
KingdomFantasyXIII said:
Yes, but unlike those things, I can't imagine anyone playing XIII-2 after playing one hour of the first title. It's the worst eight dollars I ever spent. The concept of wanting THREE of them is insane to me. Even soliciting the idea is crazy.
Well, then they could just skip it and play XIII-2. The trilogy packs usually have 3 disks (one for every game). Nothing would stop them from going to the next game. People probably skip DMC2 if they didn't like it and go straight to DMC3 right?

barbzilla said:
DVS BSTrD said:
A new Egrgeiz would be well received I think. I know I loved the original, and these days with all the other fighting compilation games out there... Besides it isn't as though the FF universe doesn't have a plethora of characters to pull from.
They already did that though. It's called "Dissida and Dissida 012"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
FFP2 said:
Lunar Templar said:
Say whatever makes you happy but sales don't lie.

And the official FF Facebook page had a poll to see who their favorite heroine was and guess who won... Try using a whole hand to count that.
LOL

sales, right, just because something sells millions doesn't make it good, or have you forgotten Twilight, and Michel Bay's Transformers still exists.

as to the poll, the real question is how many of the voters even KNOW about the other characters, given the last good female character in an FF was Yuna, and that game is how old? and gamers these days have an attention span of how long when it comes to old games? I very much doubt any of the voters even know what a 'good heroine' in a FF game looks like, pretty sure of it actually if they think 'rule 63 Cloud' is the best