Fan Effort to Revive Firefly Could be Dead

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Firefly? Screw that, i want to see the revival of Threshold.

And if you don't know what that is, congratulations. You now know how i feel whenever people keep mentioning Firefly.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Nobody kills an IP like Whedon, nobody.
Guys, we already got a movie where they defeated their two great antagonists, killed off a quarter of the crew and consummated away half of the romantic tension. A new series could never be anything more than anticlimax, let's just be happy it went out on a mind-blowingly high note.

Buffy should have been so lucky and X-Files wishes it had ended as well as Buffy.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Wereduck said:
Nobody kills an IP like Whedon, nobody.
Guys, we already got a movie where they defeated their two great antagonists, killed off a quarter of the crew and consummated away half of the romantic tension. A new series could never be anything more than anticlimax, let's just be happy it went out on a mind-blowingly high note.

Buffy should have been so lucky and X-Files wishes it had ended as well as Buffy.
I agree entirely. Sometimes it's just best to let a good thing be. Besides, we'll end up destroying what we love.

Remember; we thought we wanted new Star Wars movies. What we actually wanted was to watch the original ones again.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Why did they cancel it in the first place? Wait... Let me guess.... the heroes vaguely resembled confederates and therefore anyone who watches it is a racist? Thank god we live in a world where history is so black and white and the 'bad guys' only perform their actions because they're possessed by some ethereal substance of evil. Everyone knows that states don't have a right to secede. To try to break off from a government is the same as trying to overthrow it.

Jul 11, 2008
Every year, there are plenty of wonderful shows that get canceled. And pretty much none of them can even dream of the idea that they will get another chance to finish their story.
Firfly got Serenity, it's the one canceled show that at least got a proper conclusion, and some closure to it. And that's more than anyone could've asked for. So count your blessings, people, at least Firefly wasn't canceled on a cliffhanger and forgotten. At least the story got a conclusion.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
The Bucket said:
Well i'm glad I stopped myself getting excited now. There was way too many obstacles, even if they got Whedon onboard.
Indeed. This effort to bring it back is proving to be very......ummmmm Necrophilia like.

If anything at least Nathan Fillion isn't skull-facking my childhood figures.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
I'm a facebook fan of the movement, and have been watching their updates. The people behind the fan project have been very candid with how they suspect things will turn out, and this is as they feared. But they've planned for that, and it is in the cards for the Big Damn Plan.

Still, if you want my opinion (... tough, you're getting it anyway), I'd personally like to see this through. Even if it runs its course, and someone in the organization manages to get the rights to Firefly, that would mean it's out of the mitts of Fox. It's more likely to one day, when convenient for the actors and Joss to get together at a later date for such a project when a FAN holds the cards. Not some mega conglomerate of canceling doom.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
I'm more interested in why this statement didn't come from the man himself, if he just got behind this officially he would be treated like a god-emperor of space

mirasiel

Jul 12, 2010
WilliamRLBaker said:
Im quite glad it has failed. I love Fillion...I hate firefly.
I dont get this attitude to other peoples tastes and desires "I didnt like it therefor its a good thing it died" .

I dont like MW2 but I dont dance a jig when I hear that the support for its dying out and activision are actively screwing the remaining players over, for example.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
I would like to know why god-awful "reality" shows like the real wives or jersey shore get so much acclaim and ratings when they are utter shit, but gold like firefly is tossed out with barely a season? wtf people?

OutforEC

Professional Amateur
Jul 20, 2010
Happened with Futurama.
Happened with Tron.
Happened with Star Wars.

Well, two outta three ain't bad. Here's hoping.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
It's great to show continued support for the show but HNBF isn't the way to do it. If Fillion himself was running this and there was an understanding that if he didn't read X amount by a certain date he'd donate the money to some worthy cause I'd throw in a few bucks . . . but allowing an unaffiliated group with no oversight to collect money for this is sketchy even if they are an honest and well intentioned group.

Jul 11, 2008
I also remember reading an interview where he said if he won the lottery, the first thin he'd do is buy commercial airtime for Castle advertisements, to help promote the show.

Shoelip

Jul 17, 2008
What's really sad about this the people who are sure it will never happen. There's absolutely no way to be certain it won't happen aside from everyone just giving up. All the people saying it'll never happen do is make it less likely to happen by affecting those who might be on the fence. They get nothing out of it except possibly some petty feeling of empowerment or sadistic pleasure from stamping all over people's wildest dreams. The simple fact that so many people are still willing to hope makes "certainty" of it's failure nothing more than wishful thinking. So really if you think about it they're just being jerks.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Oh you guys are such downers, isn't there some room for understanding? We're all fanboys of something whether we like it or not! We're not dicks right >.>?

Meanwhile I watch Castle, just as brilliant because it also stars Nathan Fucking Fillion as a lead.