Fan Mod Gets San Andreas in Your GTA IV

Hachura

Nov 28, 2007
Wasn't terribly impressed until they showed Glen Park. Desert still looks like shit though.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Greyfox105 said:
Okay... so a bunch of modders have beaten Rockstar to the smart thing to do?
You disappoint me, Rockstar. This is what I have wanted since GTA IV came out.
San Andreas was easily the best GTA game I've played, and I'd buy a remake without a second thought >.>
I'll have to keep an eye on this one. And look into getting GTA IV for PC >.>
Rockstar disappoints you for this? Really? Cause this kind of stuff is totally up to the mods to do, they're nearly always the ones doing it. See Morroblivion and such.

What Rockstar disappoints me with is abandoning PC gaming altogether. Not being able to play Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire is slightly more annoying than not having a game that's still perfectly functional and has decent enough graphics shoved into a newer engine.

OT: Cool stuff. But I'm kinda happy with San Andreas the way it is and I'd rather play a full game than a mod tbh, the latter tends to have issues all over the place from my experience.

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
mjc0961 said:
Eh. San Andreas having the biggest map in any GTA game isn't exactly a point in its favor considering that roughly 40-60% of it was empty countryside and desert. The actual cities were probably on par with every other GTA game.

I also don't understand everyone's obsession with going back to Vice City and San Andreas when they're sick of Liberty City. Obviously the cure to going back to a city we've been in before is to go to other cities we've been to before instead of brand new ones. Sense be damned! I say forget this and forget Vice City. Hopefully Rockstar has a new city for us in GTA V.
Played San Andreas for 2 years when i was younger. Never got bored those two years. there was always sth to do, sth to have fun with. The desert occupies about 10% of the map, and the forest area(not counting the area near the mountain) occupies about 15%. so its more like 25% of the map containing lil integral content. BUT i remember very well how the desert is FULL of easter eggs, secrets and hidden vehicles. The giant hen? the body bag site? the giant geiser? the hidden tunnels? the big foot prints? damn that game was good...so much content outside the main story.
Also, iused those areas to rally or cruise and test vehicles, since doing it in crowded areas....prooved perilous. Also cop chases thru the desert are badass when you got that old rock radio playin.

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
Guys, Guys, Guys!

What if this is ACTUALLY Rockstar doing this, and it's all just a tease for a new GTA game?

Wouldn't that be something?

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
This seems pretty awesome, but are they going to keep the vehicle physics from the 4th one or go back to the old stuff from SA? I actually like the car performance in GTA 4.
Granted, finally having the ability to fly planes again and actually have parachutes will be a very good thing. (I am aware that they added parachutes in the last DLC, but that's DLC. They should of have the parachutes from the beginning since you could get in helicopters)

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
I will need to get into PC gaming some time soon.
This looks like a good idea.
The mod commmunity is awesome

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
As long as it includes the Harriers, count me interested. I loved being able to zoom across the map, with missiles to throw at those silly civilians.
GTA4 came with shiny new engine and cool character Niko, but with copy/paste missions and annoying npc's. GTASA came with lots of room to play in and planes to fly in, but a bitchy main character and old recycled game engine.
If they replaced CJ with Niko, but kept all the other characters and lines from the original SA, it would be confusing and hilarious as all get out, but still make things better.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I like the concept, but the GTA4 engine only makes San Andreas washed out and colorless.

Frylock72 said:
It's just not the same without Carl Johnson.
With the way the game engine works, it'd probably make him look like a silhouette with eyes

PTSpyder

Aug 9, 2008
Too bad San Andreas sucked total ass. That said, an actual studio remake of the game using current gen technology might actually be able to turn it into something besides hour upon hour of full speed driving in a nearly featureless map...

*edit*
Oh yea, and don't forget about the loading screens. Lots and lots of loading screens!

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
You know what engine needs some more mods? Avalanche. Just Cause 2 is easily one of the best games I've played, and with graphics that good, I can't see why more people haven't jumped on the opportunity to mod the engine into oblivion.

Perhaps the graphics make it hard to do things like this, maybe it takes away some of the accessibility.

On topic: YESSSS. While I loved GTAIV, I miss the jetpacks and super-happy-fun-time-Saint's Row 2-style-fun-because-of-absurdity-ness of San Andreas. On a better engine? I'm excited. Very, very excited.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
PTSpyder said:
Too bad San Andreas sucked total ass. That said, an actual studio remake of the game using current gen technology might actually be able to turn it into something besides hour upon hour of full speed driving in a nearly featureless map...

*edit*
Oh yea, and don't forget about the loading screens. Lots and lots of loading screens!
Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell for some reason.