Far Cry 3 Review

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
WMDogma said:
Thank you for the answer... it definitely sounds promising. Sounds like a purchase to me; Even with all it's flaws, I found Far Cry 2 quite fun, and the third installment sounds even better.

WanderingFool said:
Having played Far Cry 2, that was by far my biggest pet peeve. I didnt get to far, and never bother with stealth to tell whether the first point is really that bad. But I thought Far Cry 2 was fun, and look forward to trying this one.
Yeah, it was quite annoying. The worst thing was when you were walking down the road and a random car appears, and the people in it go apeshit on you.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I hope that there's no "respawning badguys over zones under your control" glitch, to which one production guy from Far Cry 2 said "it's a glitch we couldn't solve, if you don't like it, fuck you". That was the main reason why I didn't pick up the last game.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Wow... I'm not a fan of the FarCry series, with that of the first game utterly sucking (thanks to those shitty mutant monkeys) and not entirely interested in FarCry 2, I'm really impressed with the video review, it looks like Crysis, but with a real open world and with way more variety of stuff to do and kill.

I'll definitely consider giving this one a try.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
It would be nice to read how the console versions are holding up. Is the review done with the pc version or can i hope for an update? I`m asking this because i`ve read a few not so nice things about them (something alng the lines of being almost unplayable in terms of framerate, on both, the 360 and the ps3).

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Story reminds me of the movie Turistas.

Grabehn said:
I hope that there's no "respawning badguys over zones under your control" glitch, to which one production guy from Far Cry 2 said "it's a glitch we couldn't solve, if you don't like it, fuck you". That was the main reason why I didn't pick up the last game.
That game was just bad in so many aspects.
-Find cheesily hidden (on top of rocks you could not jump on) diamonds in order to buy weapons and upgrades. Thankfully you could easily make due with some of the most basic weaponry. And if you got the little DLC pack with the silenced shotgun, well, nothing I ever purchased from the arms merchant ever trumped that.
-Spend 50+% of the game travelling from mission to mission, or being ambushed while you travel.
-Your character apparently has no morals.
-Your 'friends' backstab you altogether, en masse, at the end of the game

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
RobfromtheGulag said:
Grabehn said:
That game was just bad in so many aspects.
-Find cheesily hidden (on top of rocks you could not jump on) diamonds in order to buy weapons and upgrades. Thankfully you could easily make due with some of the most basic weaponry. And if you got the little DLC pack with the silenced shotgun, well, nothing I ever purchased from the arms merchant ever trumped that.
-Spend 50+% of the game travelling from mission to mission, or being ambushed while you travel.
-Your character apparently has no morals.
-Your 'friends' backstab you altogether, en masse, at the end of the game
While I didn't buy the game, I did got to play it, and I agree that the story was... not good and you just went through it without any choice whatsoever. I did feel bad when your first group of friends die and you can do nothing about it, especially when the old guy was amongst them But other than that I found that the game, while not being "good", was pretty enjoyable at times.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Question I know it's odd but I always like how realist Farcry 2 was. Things like you had to pull out a map to find the area and how it stayed first person when you drove. Can you turn off the Hud in this. How important is it to the game.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Any story at all is definitely a step up from Far Cry 2.

YOU ARE IN AFRICA AND YOU HAVE TO KILL THIS GUY BUT YOU'RE NOT REALLY THAT PROACTIVE ABOUT IT ALSO YOU HAVE MALARIA!!!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
So, what the fuck is up with Vaas? I just don't get who greenlight his character design. He's just hilariously goofy looking. I know they were going for intimidation, but eyeliner and eyeshadow, and clown hair don't really instill fear into me.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Can't wait to get my hands on this one.Most of the reviews I've seen have gotten very high reviews.

I think it's one of the few multi-platform video reviews that show the PC version.For that,I thank you! :)

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I was so hoping this game would be good, glad to see my wish came true!

Honestly the amount of stuff to do in this game seems overwhelming, cannot wait to pick it up!

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Disabling the radio towers looks remarkably similar to the synchronisation points in assassins creed.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Far Cry should win an award for being the only franchise I can think of that has three games with almost nothing in common other than being FPSs.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Looks great so far, grabbing it when it comes out...which is my birthday. Yay for me... :D

Least it looks like they don't have the respawnable checkpoints I hated about the last one.
Still I loved the last one up till the ending.

So it looks like once more I take up my machete and flamethrower to take on some bad guys. Dis gonna be fun...

nexus

May 30, 2012
Well, this is an early review.. you don't really see early reviews these days. Except for magazines so they can get it out on publication date.. but still.

I'll probably pick this up on release, I didn't realize it was more than just a standard FPS.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
nexus said:
Well, this is an early review.. you don't really see early reviews these days. Except for magazines so they can get it out on publication date.. but still.

I'll probably pick this up on release, I didn't realize it was more than just a standard FPS.
That's probably why they did early reviews. Far Cry isn't exactly a major franchise, so getting a lot of good word-of-mouth prior to launch will help drive up pre-orders.

I ended up pre-ordering after seeing the "Skyrim with guns" quote. This sounds like the shooter I've been waiting for. The closest I've come are action-RPGs like Fallout 3, but the combat mechanics tend to be ass in those games.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I'm glad to hear it's a good game. I think the Far Cry series has had a lot of potential.

Though is the stealth actually any good? I've heard that it was awful in the previous game, and I'm on the fence about buying it.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
hmm, maybe i give this one a try once i have nothing better to play. dint like the first game and part 2 dint interest me at all. but part 3, sounds actually good. but im busy with other games now. so i might get it when its cheaper.