Far Cry 4 Is "Packed to The Gills" With Women

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
gmaverick019 said:
So what I'm getting from what you're saying is that females can't and shouldn't be antagonists (even if it fills the story) and that games like Tomb Raider, Borderlands, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Mirror's Edge, Pretty much any game where you can edit your character(The Elder Scrolls, Saints Row, Fallouts, Mass Effect) are all minor games?

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
I sure didn't know about it... I played MaleShep and didn't even watch any gameplay videos or either game (except the occasional memorable scene or DLC I don't have).
Aren't these animations shared with MaleShep, by the way?

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
That's good. Now, how desperate are you, Far Cry 4? We'd cut you some slack, but it'd be much funner to ridicule you over a single cleavage or an unsightly calf.

Sep 14, 2009
BlumiereBleck said:
gmaverick019 said:
So what I'm getting from what you're saying is that females can't and shouldn't be antagonists (even if it fills the story) and that games like Tomb Raider, Borderlands, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Mirror's Edge, Pretty much any game where you can edit your character(The Elder Scrolls, Saints Row, Fallouts, Mass Effect) are all minor games?
okay I have no idea how you dragged that out of what I was saying,so thank you for putting awful words into my mouth here, but you are once again completely missing the point, apparently you've missed the context about how bad ubisofts PR has been lately, which is what made the romney statement so hilarious for many in here.

those are all fine games and I've enjoyed them all, I have no problem with them, but when you look at overall fleshed out(set in stone) game protagonists (as in, ones that the player actually controls) it is OVERWHELMINGLY lopsided in having males vs females (also white vs any other race/color) which often leaves many of the female characters very stereotypical and one dimensional characters, and most people would like it females had better representation on good characters, especially playable ones at that. More often then not, PR teams for devs and publishers end up shoving their foot in their mouth with their horrible comments and were better off just not saying anything in the first place.

If you've paid attention at all in the past 5-6 months about games, you would see most females (and some males) wanting better representation among playable female protagonists, not just being tropes and cliches in the game for easy plot devices.

If you still are misinterpreting what I'm saying and what many people are getting at...then perhaps you should apply for ubisoft's PR team, you'd probably fit right in.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Strazdas said:
Dragonlayer said:
Strazdas said:
Dragonlayer said:
That wouldn't be implying that its cool to kill endless waves of men would it, because their just naturally evil right?
No, gender should not be playing into whos evil to begin with.
Then why did you say "Oh, yes, plenty of woman you should shoot, because they are evil of course"? I mean, I can probably answer that myself, as its good snark to nail the PR department with, but if gender shouldn't matter in determining sin (which of course it doesn't), then why even peck at Ubisoft in such a way?
because ubisoft statement made it sound like all the women in game are going to be antagonist and they were proud of it. implying no good women.
"[We] tried very hard to make sure of the four main antagonists, half of them are women, which is cool. On your side, one of the main leaders of the rebel faction is a woman, half the rebels that fight with you are women.

That seems like a fair portrayal of women in a conflict to me.

Adjusted for the actual appearance of women in the conflict of course, they typically get left out of the fighting in most wars.