Fav. Song and Artist of '09

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
Last year, I discovered the song "Freaxxx" by Brokencyde. It changed my life forever.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Furburt said:
Ben Bazooka said:
It must be sad to have such a narrow taste in music.
Actually it's pretty varied, it just that nobody's ever heard of any of it, so they just group it under 'weirdo music'

There's quite a big difference between the things I listen to, be they Jazzcore/Stoner metal/No-wave/Japanese extreme/Post-hardcore punk/German Industrial/Shoegaze metal/Scuzz rock/ Hardcore techno to name a few.

All very different, you just have to be able to appreciate the differences. And in those genres, there hasn't been any notable releases since 2006.
Kind of like they don't make good G-Funk anymore. Gladly there is a great and ever-growing variety in the world of music to always look into, be it over hundred years old or brand new. I must say I'm not a big fan of accurate subgenres or even genres.

Every band/artist make so different songs and albums. And the genres do vary especially during a band's lifespan and even within an album so much that I don't see the point to tag everything with (cool-sounding) genres.

Neither do I like things in music to be categorized in a way the subgenres work, but I guess that somewhat a different topic. Nonetheless, I always admire people who are enthusiastic about listening to music.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Oh dear, I discovered most of my current musical taste (classic rock and lots of jazz) in 2009, so I couldn't name one. I discovered Freddie Hubbard last year, Micheal Bublé (his music that you won't hear on the radio, not his popular pop), Muse, Pink Floyd, Rush (well early this year, or was it in December?), Alice Cooper, Nine Inch Nails, Streetlight Manifesto, The Aquabats, Radiohead, David Bowie (well, not really discovered, just started appreciating), The Beatles, CCR and a ton of soundtracks. Heck, that's not even all of it.

So I'll pick a true 2009 release, which would be Muse's Resistance album. I'm not sure what my favourite song is from it. I love Uprising, MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection (which I will put on as I type this sentence), United States of Eurasia and I Belong to You.

Yes I won't pick one favourite, sue me.
Julianking93 said:
2009 was a terrible year for music just like most of the 2000s.
Like with the Wii, there is plenty of good stuff out there. It's just covered under tons of Top 40 rubbish.

You'll only hear the popular music around you on the radio or being advertised, and I think we can both agree that most of today's popular stuff is downright shit.
MiracleOfSound said:
Fuck the Muse album, it was pathetic.
Saywhaaat! Sure it wasn't their best work, far from it, but really?

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
All of the music of the past decade...I can only tollerate the stuff you can't get on the radio no matter where you live.

Straight-to-CD stuff like The Gothic Archies Tragic Treasury, Lemon Demon, stuff They Might Be Giants wrote, video game music, rock & techno imported from non english speaking countries, theme songs from TV series, spoofs of popular songs, webtoon music.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Bands would be Them Crooked Vultures, The XX or The Phantom Band.
Songs would probably be Mind Eraser, No Chaser - Them Crooked Vultures, or Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

WickedBoy6

Jan 13, 2010
Best song I heard in 2009: Dir en Grey - "Obscure"
Best band I heard in 2009: Steel Panther (Seriously, look for the uncensored version)

Death to all but Metal!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Furburt said:
Assassin Xaero said:
]

Lies! Science of Misuse came out last year! I love Drist. How could anyone not love Drist?
I said my kind of music, who on Magrathea are Drist?

EDIT: Oh dear, that kind of music. (I checked it on youtube)

You could not have hit further from what I consider 'My' kind of music.
*grabs laptop*

When I read the before the edit you had, my computer locked up due to the pure evilness of not knowing who Drist are. >_>
Seriously though, it did lock up.

Meh, well, your opinion doesn't matter and I'm right because I have a music degree! :p
But seriously though, that is the only CD that I remember coming out in '09 that I liked. I do have others that came out last year, like Retribution (yah Shadows Fall), but those are really the only two that come to mind.

2010 however, new Fear Factory CD! :D

WickedBoy6

Jan 13, 2010
Assassin Xaero said:
2010 however, new Fear Factory CD! :D
Sadly, not looking forward to this. I'd like to, but with no Hererra or Wolbers (the musical driving force behind the band), I don't think it's going to live up to Archetype (my favorite disc of theirs).

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Kasabian were my favourite band of 2009... There new album and live shows were amazing....

Best band I discovered in 2009 was probably Corrosion of Conformity(At least I think I discovered them in 2009, coulda been late '08)

MiracleOfSound" post="18.171080.4702482 said:
Here's my winner:

I'm pretty sure I knew about him quitea few years ago at this stage... but i also saw this performance in 2009... and it is awesome.

NBSRDan

Aug 15, 2009
The Super Smash Bros. Brawl soundtrack
"My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit
The BlazBlue soundtrack
"Lovely Elevator Music" by mrSimon
"Down With the Sickness" by Disturbed
"The Weight of Time", "Second Awakening", "The Last Stand", and "Dreaming of Victory" by Evil-Dog
The six songs from Guilty Gear Isuka that aren't on the official soundtrack CD
The Guilty Gear 2: Overture soundtrack
Guilty Gear XX Lambda Core - Secret Gig
Guilty Gear Sound Complete Box "bonus" disc
"Serena" by Duncan Shiek
"Fasten Your Seatbelts" by Pendulum
The Beetlejuice theme by Danny Elfman
"Unreeeal Superhero 3" by Digital Insanity
The Electric Joe Satriani: An Anthology
"Am I Evil?" by Diamond Head
The Angry Video Game Nerd theme metal, thrash, and orchestral versions by Julio, Leo Biollo, and MDT-Music respectively
The Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts soundtrack
"Battery", "Master of Puppets", "Enter Sandman", and "Hit the Lights" by Metallica
"Black Betty" by Ram Jam
"Clair de Lune" by Debussy
"Cowboys From Hell" by Pantera
All Ratchet & Clank series soundtracks
"Good Mourning/Black Friday", "Mechanix", "Peace Sells", and "Sleepwalker" by Megadeth
"Maybe I'm a Lion" and "Matoya's Cave" by The Black Mages
"Jizz In My Pants" by The Lonely Island
"Show Me Your Genitals" by Jon Lajoie
"Sugar Lumps" by Flight of the Conchords
"The Glass Prison" by Dream Theater
All the Twisted Metal soundtracks except 'Black
"Bad Things" by Jace Everett
"More Human Than Human", "Black Sunshine", "Thunder Kiss '65", and "More Human Than Human (Jingle Bells Remix)" by White Zombie
"Meet the Creeper" and "Superbeast" by Rob Zombie
"Break Me" by The Irresponsibles
Numerous songs by Chris Holland
"Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" and "Wizards In Winter" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
"Don't Bother Me" by Annihilator
"Dr. Feelgood" and "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Mo:tley Cru:e
"Downstream" by Shira Kammen
The Cel Damage soundtrack
"Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)" remix by Aquagen & Rozalla
The Pac-In-Time soundtrack
The Silver Surfer NES game soundtrack
The Banjo-Tooie soundtrack
"Let There Be Rock" by AC/DC
"Metal Meltdown" by Judas Priest
"One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" by George Thorogood & the Destroyers
"Souls of Black" by Testament
"Texas Flood" and "Crossfire" by Stevie Ray Vaughan
(To prevent this list from becoming too enormous, I snipped out some of the less noteworthy ones)

In the above list, the best artist is Daisuke Ishiwatari and the best song is "Queen of Rose" by Daisuke Ishiwatari.

Your devotion to music is admirable, but let's keep long lists behind spoiler tags, shall we? - Logan

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
Them Crooked Vultures and their song Scumbag Blues wins mine.

And seriously, that muse album sucked. Badly.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The Fray's "We Build Then We Break".

Yeah, I am serious.

Oh, and also this.

<youtube=tY92NAdGaR4>

Yes, I do have interesting tastes.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
band: Blink 182 they got back together

song: "Where my Mouth is" by Taking Back Sunday. this years'll be MCR with their album in april :333333333333