Fav. Song and Artist of '09

MessiahElephant

Dec 12, 2009
It would have been Tegan and Sara's "Sainthood" album if it didn't dissapoint me so much, so I'm going to have to say Animal Collective.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
Song: Symphony No. 9 by Beethoven. I didn't discover this song in 2009, it's in movies, tv shows and anime all the time, but last year was the first time I really got into it and listened to it as a piece of music instead of as background noise to a show.

Artist: Ihsahn. Discovering that the former vocalist for Emperor was still releasing music was awesome. Buying angL and listening to it was easily one of the highlights of my year.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Song : In the Flowers - Animal Collective

Artist: Bob Dylan with Together Through Life and his awesome radio programm.

TheRealRocknRolla

Nov 23, 2009
I found almost all the music I listen to in 2009, so finding the absolute best would be incredibly hard. I would say that the last great song I found from last year would be "In Exile" by Thrice.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
fluffybacon said:
Fuck me, I'm being a dick.

At least I'm not a p4k slave.
What, Pitchfork? I hate those motheruckers but sometimes they're right and I cerainly never base purchases on what those overwrought music nazis say. Basically, the only time I ever pay any attention to what Pitchfork says is on wikipedia underneath the album name and cover with all the other reviews. And even then I always pay more attention to Robert Christgau or allmusic. Ultimately, no matter how positive the reviews, I only buy what I like.

And in any case I refused to be judged by some "non-conformist" "emo" twat with a shit-assed, poser avatar. Who do you like then? Papa Roach? 30 Seconds to Mars? How original are you really? Do you take Kerrang as you gospel? Because, trust me, they're full to the brim with even more shit than even pitchfork. And in what way is your brand of music nazism better than theirs?

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
fluffybacon said:
Well I wasn't really trying to be mean, I was just commenting on how you pretty much named the three most obvious "indie" bands on the planet (who doesn't listen to anco, the xx and grizzeazy bear?).
But since I'm a "shit assed(?) poser non conformist emo twat"...
... My feelings have been hurt. T_T
That wasn't very nice.
It really wasn't.
[sub]Also, I must say lol @ the "emo" bands you named[/sub]
And now for a game! Lets have a musical taste fight! We will try to guess bands that the other person listens too! You go first! :D
Sorry i hurt your feelings

I'm going to go for..... Lostprophets. But then I don't really know where to begin.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Furburt said:
Nothing at all, 2009 was a terrible year for my kind of music.

The last good release for me was in 2006 with the release of Jesu's 'Silver EP'. Since then, nothing.

Yeah, not a ton of drone/doom came out this last year. Though if you want to find a ton more similar stuff, come join the Revolver magazine forums. There's only a few regular posters, but they'll steer you in the right direction. My user name there is Angrydad.

Personally, my band/song of 2009 would be Mastodon's "Crack the Skye" title track. That song perfectly encapsulates what those guys are about. Brutal and heavy but melodic and beautiful.