Favorite adult cartoon?

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
South Park and Futurama are my personal favourites. Classic Simpsons are also good - the new ones are just plain awful.

(sic) humor

Nov 19, 2009
I'd have to say American Dad. I think it's enough like Family Guy without falling into the same traps (overly-long gags, irrelevant cutaway jokes, being offensive for the sake of being offensive, no attention to plot).

Even though the lead character was meant as a conservative straw-man, he is still more well-rounded and sympathetic than Peter Griffin. I know it's a comedy that revels in shock humor, but I don't find any of the Family Guy characters particularly likable.

Rex Fallout

Oct 5, 2010
SmilingWorlock said:
I liked God, the Devil and Bob. But nooo, "my fellow" christians couldn't take a joke. -.-
I'm Christian and from what I've seen of the show its pretty OK. I'd watch it more but its one of those shows where I don't know when its on and I could look it up, but that would take effort... If I catch it, I'll watch it.

I like Archer, Adventure Time, (YES ADVENTURE TIME CAN BE FOR ADULTS) Futurama, Family Guy, the Simpsons and I know this is gonna contradict the whole being a christian thing but... I LOVE DRAWN TOGETHER. Wish it hadn't been canceled even if it was so freakin stupid.

EDIT: oh and that old sonic the hedgehog cartoon, the one where he actually liked chili dogs, with Sally Princess, Antoine... all those guys. Cant think of what they call it...

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
I cannot believe no-one has mentioned Superjail! yet. One of the most deliciously messed up pieces of TV ever.

IAmTheVoid

Apr 26, 2009
If we're talking 'kids shows which I love even as an adult', then Adventure Time. Damn I love that show.

But if we're talking cartoons specifically for adults, then Daria. The show still holds up incredibly well even outside the 90s culture it grew up in and took the mickey out of, and the characters are all well rounded and likeable.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
The Simpsons and Futurama.

I prefer the Simpsons as I really do connect with the family and view them very much as normal, average, people when you look beyond the weird situations they sometimes deal with.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Woodsey said:
Archer, obviously.

And then South Park after that.
Definitely Archer. South Park and Family Guy got kind of bland after awhile. My second favorite, though, would have to be Futurama. That shoe makes me smile to no end.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
i like the simpsons and family guy, although i dont watch them as much lately. been watching alot of american dad tho, i really do like that show, it falls nicely between the simpsons and family guy in terms of enjoyment

Gamer_152

Mar 3, 2011
The Simpsons is still my favourite, it might actually be my favourite TV show full stop. I also like Futurama, American Dad, Venture Bros. and Harvey Birdman though.

ASan83

Mar 11, 2011
Futurama because it's consistently funny. South Park is too hit or miss for me to put it at #1, and Sealab 2021 gets an honorable mention.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
GeorgW said:
Anyone that doesn't say Futurama is wrong. Yes it's your opinion, but it's still the wrong opinion.
This, basically. Also, I have a list of anime, but they are animation, not cartoons.

Speaking of which, I have to watch this week's futurama.

Wintermute_

Sep 20, 2010
The Venture Brothers. Need more be said?
Also, Archer, on the very rare occasions its actually on, is just hilarious. Great stuff.

Fooly Cooly (Furi Kuri) also deserves a nod. If you know the show, you know what I mean.Six episodes has never before blown my mind so wide.
Not sure if its directed at kids or adults though, because anime has some weird shit directed at kids.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
#1 fav. South park. I enjoy the humor most of the time with very few I wouldn't watch again.

Drawn together had some really good eps and some really horrible one. very much a hit or miss.

Family Guy is filled with random humor so each ep is judged by the % of jokes I get(some jokes are really obscure) and find funny rather than judging it as an overall story, if that makes any sense.

Mar 25, 2010
I'd have to say Venture Brothers, although I do sometimes watch Superjail to see how long I can go without gagging or throwing up.