Favorite bad-guy-turned-good-guy

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
For me, it's gotta be Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Oh, and Snape from Harry Potter. You really can't help but feel bad for the guy...

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
Two of mine have already been said.

Vegeta - Dragonball Z. He really deserved more than he was given by Akira Toriyama, there were so many instances when he deserved to be the hero, but then Goku comes along like "lolno" and just wins for no apparent reason.

Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX. Even though she was an utter pain in the ass as a boss fight, and had the annoying tendancy to reduce everyone to 1hp when you beat her, I really liked her as a character and was very happy when she became one of the good guys, that part where she joins your party for about 2 minutes was one of the highlights of that game for me.

And then there's the obvious one. KotOR was a damn good game eh?

Revan... just, Revan.

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
I was going to reply to the thread, but I saw this and I can't remember what I was going to say. My next twenty minutes are pretty much set, though, so thanks for that.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Absolutionis said:
Benjamin Linus from LOST.

Discussing anything beyond his name alone would be a spoiler.
From Lost the only hero there is Hurley, its not that the others are villains but they all have this thing to not chill the fuck down and talk. Most of the time they just kill each other because they dont know what is going on, none of them know.

Hurley for me is the only sane guy from the whole story.

OT: The main bad guy from STALKER, if I go further I spoil the story :(

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Can we also say bad-guy-turned-slightly-less-bad-guy?

In that case, Jaime Lannister.

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
Viril from Gurren Lagaan. What a guy. He really gets into the whole "fighting spirit" thing and it becomes all kinds of awesome.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I'd have to say Snape. I couldn't bring myself to dislike him throughout the movies, but that was probably because Alan Rickman played him...
Also, Sylar from Heroes. He was a good character. Pity they didn't finish the show...

General Grind

Oct 31, 2011
Soo maaany aaaaniiiimes.

Malazan Book of the Fallen:

Kallor (Depends on how you look at it I guess :p], Silchas Ruin, Tayschrenn, Shadowthrone and Cotillion. Man, basically half the characters are anti-heroes or villains turned anti-heroes.

A Song of Ice and Fire:

Jamie, Mance Rayder, Victarion in a way. Littlefinger is still kind of a villain in my mind, though he is a very likeable villain.

Mistborn Trilogy

The Lord Ruler

Supernatural

Crowley

And from my childhood:

Poor misunderstood Black Wargreymon. No wonder he went dangerously emo with such a name.

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Aurgelmir said:
Murais said:
Huh. Nobody for Venom? He immediately came to mind when I saw the thread title.

I thought that might have been one of the better examples in nerd-dom. Though, Zuko is probably the best recent example I can think of.
Though Venom is the one again off again Villain, so I am not sure he counts. (I am counting all incarnations of Venom here, just because you didn't state which one you mean :p)
Puttin' on my nerd cap here for a sec...

Amazing Spiderman. As Eddie Brock. He totally hates Spiderman, and tries to murder him/frame him on many occasions, but when Carnage starts his rampant slaughter, Venom is absolutely instrumental in taking him down. As well as becoming (and enjoying) work as a vigilante soon after, even going so far as to "enjoy" protecting the innocent.

There's also the other caveat that later on, in the Planet of the Symbiotes storyline, Venom (symbiote) is declared insane by the rest of his people (a bunch of parasites who feed on adrenaline until fatal for the host) because it desires to commit to the betterment of its host, rather than use it up.

But, I'm mostly referring to the vigilantism. I mean, how badass was that?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok excluding Viral, Nico Robin, Franky, Bon Clay Zuko, Piccolo and Vegeta I am going with Sinestro in Green Lantern.
Ok granted he isn't a fully goody good guy but consider he used to be a threat to Hal Jorden, created his own Corp to fight against the Green Lantern but even seen during Blackest Night and onward he seen to be less threatening to say the least.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Zuko. His story arch across the 3 series was amazing. I really like that guy. One of my favourite characters of all time.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Spike from "Buffy the Vampire slayer".
He's just such a badass, even after he turns good, he still manages to be so cool, with such funny one liners.
The Guy's a BAMF.

BulletMagTrig

Nov 14, 2011
I only saw one person mention Revan from KOTOR, shame.

Char and Graham Aker from Gundam and Gundam 00 respectively.

Viral from Gurren Lagaan and Zuko from Avatar also fit but have already been voiced.

Deadpool for Comics and Bowser from Mario RPG.