Favorite game narrator

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
shatnershaman said:
Sargent Avery Johnson for his lovely narration in Halo 3's calibration guide.
How about the Grunt in the surround sound set-up?

I don't know really, very few games have narration and I haven't really played many that do. Maybe Multiplayer Announcer in Halo (I only don't say the one in Unreal because he's often hard to understand).

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
Hands down, Richard Ridings (Dungeon Keeper.)
David Hayter is a close second, though.

Shellsh0cker

Defender of the English Language
Oct 22, 2008
Woe Is You said:
I quite liked the narrator from the Penny Arcade games.

"Cry havoc and...do something to some kind of dog."
Definitely my favorite. Shout-outs to Gaia, GLaDOS, and both UT2004 announcers

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
mspencer82 said:
Ron Perlman, the Fallout series. He can make almost any line sound incredibly awesome with that voice of his.

COR 2000 said:
The Agency contact from Crackdown. Such an awesome voice...
The Agency Director was played by Michael McConnohie, agent. He had a great voice, agent. I just wish he would stop ending every sentence with "agent", agent.
It's somewhat hard to believe he also does the voice for Asteroth in Soul Calibur 4, among other things. Such a great vocal range.

I also really liked Leonard Nimoy in Civilization IV.

Some of his quotes from unlocking new technologies were pretty funny too, like when you got the 'Rock & Roll Museum', he said something like "I like to Rock 'n' Roll, yeah baby, rock you all night long", with no hint of Human emotion. Spock doing Chuck Berry, classic.

Erazor521

Dec 7, 2008
My favorite game narrator would have to be tied between The Duke from Sonic '06 and Bruce Cambell from the Spider-Man Movie games.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Asymptote Angel said:
THE OVERMIND, obviously.
I'll require more vespene gas before I can agree with this.

But seriously, Leonard Nimoy's work in Civilization IV. I play the game all the time, and I never get sick of hearing him say "Put your shoulder to the wheel" when I research The Wheel.

ZenMonkey47

Jan 10, 2008
Gonna have to pull a "me too" and go with Stephen Fry for his work on Little Big Planet

I also like the Narrator from the original Icewind Dale not so much for the actor, but rather the fact that the kindly narrator of your story is actually... well see for yourself if you don't mind being spoiled http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcfm06qzRcQ&feature=related (the ending starts about 4:30)

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
No real order:
GLaDOS
Bruce Campbell in anything (Spiderman, Evil Dead games, Pitfall, etc.)
Ron Perlman in the Fallout games
DBZ narrator
and Stan Lee in the N64/PSX Spiderman game

Also, if he counts, Keith David as the Elite in the Halos 2 and 3. Just because his voice is awesome.

~tommy

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Stephen Fry (of LBP as mentioned earlier) always wins! He is, hands down, the greatest voice ever! Anyone heard him reading Harry Potter? (Not that Harry Potter is especially good, but Stephen Fry is worth listening to 7 books for.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Jamash said:
mspencer82 said:
The Agency Director was played by Michael McConnohie, agent. He had a great voice, agent. I just wish he would stop ending every sentence with "agent", agent.
It's somewhat hard to believe he also does the voice for Asteroth in Soul Calibur 4, among other things. Such a great vocal range.
Strange; I thought the Agent liason voice was done by Pete Stacker [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1005647/], notable as the narrator for the Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" ads and as the gruff sergeant in the Halo series. Yet IMDB says otherwise... I'll have to look at the Crackdown end-credits again when I get home.

As to my favourite, it's a toss-up between Ron Perlman (Fallout series) and Jeff Steitzer (Halo series, for multiplayer) for me.

-- Steve

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
GLaDOS

Other then that, I have hated every talking voice telling me where to go and what to do, because I actually am obligated to listen to them, and I just hate that.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Me after too much of my vodka N' coffee mix. It disposes of all my inhibition while rendering me alert and functional. The result is a me who narrates every single detail imaginable whilst gaming.

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Hmm, maybe the tutorial guy in spider-man 1 (titled "the movie") and 2.
And the prince as in PoP:TSoT