Favorite Game of 2011 Survey!

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
Yay, I'm not the only person who loves Bastion!

Wow... 24th in fact.
Nimzar said:
Bastion is the best one on there I think :D
I'm glad I'm not alone in choosing Bastion. Man, that game was stunning. The ending gripped me unlike any other ending. I was blown away.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Ponch said:
How has Assassin's Creed not gotten any votes?!
Because Skyrim.

Skyrim stands out, sure. But let's not forget: Witcher 2, Portal 2, Serious Sam, Deus Ex:HR, ...

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
For me it was close between Bastion, The Binding of Isaac and Portal 2. I went with Isaac because the theme is so deliciously creepy

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
sir.rutthed said:
Wait a minute... Why the Hell is Duke Nukem Forever on this list? It's universally regarded as utter trash. Surely there's something else that deserves the spot more?
It's universally regarded as disappointingly average. It's regarded on the Escapist as "utter trash".

I loved Duke Nukem Forever, quite a few people did. I'd hardly call it GOTY material, but as far as big-name releases go, I'd say it deserves a spot on the list by its pure existence alone.

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
Skyrim would have nailed my vote except - you don't get to release a title with major plot-killing bugs and still win my favor. Sorry. Not going to happen. The contest is as much about Technical Aptitude as it is Gaming Aesthetics.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Err do you guys know that the "View Responces" is not working right? It only show this http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/text/32065 .

Shame that Xenoblade Chronicle is not on the lsit but make sense since it's not out in the US just yet. I would of voted for that game.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Wow, it's been a pretty damn good year. Really now, tough decision.....but Skyrim is just awesome, and Deux Ex, while awesome, just had more dissapointments than it.

Also, the 360 version is alarmingly stable, and relatively bug free.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
I voted for Batman: Arkham City because I won't get Skyrim till Christmas =(
Jack and Calumon said:
Christ, didn't want to be picking this just yet.

I guess Deus Ex. Skyrim's poor optimisation for PS3 has left me rather upset while Deus Ex has been awesome through and through.

Calumon: I can't vote. Jack's being mean. :'(

Jack: I was on this account first!
What would you have voted for Calumon?
Calumon: ...I liked Minecraft until the bushes moved and exploded my farm I made... : (

Jack: You're own fault for half-finishing it and using only wood. You barely even mined!

Calumon: I DID BETTER THAN YOU, MEANIE! >.<

NastoK

Jun 4, 2011
Wolfram01 said:
Being able to only pick one is the bane of my existance...

Give me a "top 5" and I'd be much happier.
Not even 5 would be enough for me :(

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Duruznik said:
-Dragmire- said:
Yay, I'm not the only person who loves Bastion!

Wow... 24th in fact.
Nimzar said:
Bastion is the best one on there I think :D
I'm glad I'm not alone in choosing Bastion. Man, that game was stunning. The ending gripped me unlike any other ending. I was blown away.
Agreed, my reason was something along the lines of, "Great story telling with an ending that left me completely satisfied with the experience".

I look forward to the dev's next game.

bacchus1234

Jun 13, 2011
Is there NO love for Uncharted 3? In my opinion it's a fantastic game albeit not a significant upgrade from previous entries from the franchise. However, why break wasn't isn't broken?

To be honest though, I picked Uncharted over Portal 2 by a coin flip and several other games were very close as well right behind those such as Deus Ex and Resistance 3 (which is conspicuously missing from this list btw.) .

-KC-

Jul 15, 2010
Where the heck are Pokemon games :O

Anyway I voted for Total War: Shogun 2.

Duke Nukem is thrown in there for the sake of trolling or what ? :D

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Dragon Age 2 - Beyond it's obvious flaws the game got my attention and didn't let go until the end. The addictively fun combat system and interesting characters kept me playing the game through three times before moving on to something else. A fantastic game that I feel is heavily under-appreciated due a few streamline decisions, waves of enemies and recycled backgrounds.

There were a lot of games I expected to surpass DA2 and they simply failed to meet expectations. My runner up game is Skyrim, a great overall experience but far too many flaws and a poor combat system along with mediocre storytelling. Close behind that would be inFamous 2 and then Arkham City.

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Much as I love Skyrim - I don't think it deserves to win THIS much xD. It's been very lucky with the timing of the poll methinks.

I voted Minecraft, because, although I haven't played it in a while, there really is nothing else like it. I'll keep playing on and off it as long as Notch keeps updating it, whereas Skyrim, Gears 3, and every other game on this list I love will be dead by Christmas 2012

Joshua Loy

Jun 27, 2011
I feel that the fact that so many games are not on this list supports a narrow-view of games. I am going to vote Cursed Crusade. It was awesome for being done by a small company. Dark Souls which I can vote for will be my number two.

Kahohess

Sep 12, 2011
I have nothing against Skyrim but as everybody has already taken for a fact that it will be the best, a poll with Skyrim in it become kinda pointless.

The witcher 2 gets my vote, great game made by great guys.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Terraria

It has more focus than Minecraft did (well, for me anyway), and I like the 2D environment a bit better (always was a fan of Sprite-ing).

But beyond that, it's basically Digital Legos with an RPG/combat skew to it. Exactly my type!
Plus, it featured this increasingly rare quality called a COLOR SPECTRUM.

My eyes practically bled for mercy after playing Rage, CoD4.4, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Really? What's with the yellow ambiance? I'm told it's symbolic of something, but it just looks like an excuse to limit the color spectrum so they could implement more cool lighting effects on limited console hardware)

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Attention:

The complete results of the survey will be now be hidden until the 13th, in which we will reveal one by one your top 12 favorite games of 2011!