Favorite Game of 2011 Survey!

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
I went with Skyrim, because for me at least - it wasn't a game but an experience. One which hasn't left my X-box's disc tray since I got it on launch day. Not even the might of Deus Ex: Human Revolutions did this.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
NightmareLuna said:
Aardvark Soup said:
Exterminas said:
Oh. Skyrim has five-times the votes of the runner-up.

Blimey. Either that game is really good, or it has been a lame year. Or both.
...or the game is pretty good and has simply been played by the largest amount of people. It also came out very recently, which gives it a huge advantage.
...Or the game is fantastic and is the game the gods play when they are bored of tormenting mortals.

Skyrim is a clear winner for me.
That could very well be true as well. I don't know, since I haven't played Skyrim yet and probably won't until I'm done with some of the really good games currently on my shelf which I barely have had time to play lately.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Littlebigplanet 2 definitely deserves it the most, but it doesn't stand a chance. A wide variety of experiences for everyone, like skyrim. The ability to create almost anything, like minecraft. And you can play it with friends (especially while drunk). I still bust this game out after bar close.

Although Dark Souls and Arkham City were definitely close runner ups.

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 0.4% (9)

This is why I love everyone at the escapist!

:)

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
I went with Dead Space 2. That game totally blew me away with how well everything worked. The whole game felt really memorable, and I loved how it managed to balance horror and action without fumbling on both fronts. If I could choose a second and third place game, I'd go for Saints Row The Third and Deus Ex, respectively.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Skyrim is my GOTY but i had more fun and hours in Total War: Shogun 2. so for my favorite it'll have to go to the total war series.

maybe when the real mods come out for Skyrim i'll change my tune, but that wont be till January.

Tamrin

Nov 12, 2011
SL33TBL1ND said:
If anyone votes for Duels of the Planeswalkers I will punch them through the internet.
I REALLY want to vote for DotP now and see if you can do this.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
-sigh-

-throws vote at skyrim-

Surprise of the year, but also its been the most engaging game of the year for me. In a sense, it feels like that game my avatar comes from. Portal 2, Dark Souls, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Arkham City are all on the edge of the podium. I'm projecting NEXT year, when I can give more time to it, my favorite title will be Dark Souls.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
Portal 2 gets my game of the year hands down. Well I really shouldn't say hands down since Arkham City is biting at it's heels, but the amazing storytelling experience combined with hilarious dialogue and some of the best voice work ever done in a video game put Portal 2 over the top for me.

It's a shame that Portal 2 came out early in the year and Skyrim so recent, otherwise it might not have gotten a runaway victory in this poll.

I used to like internet memes, then I saw one way too many times.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood came out 2010!

But sorry Skyrim fans Revelations is the greatest!

(so hard picking between the creed and infamous2)

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
Eh, the meme will die eventually. If it doesn't, then I'll personally see to it that it never sees the light of day again.

With the lemons :p
Heh, yeah, the main reason I haven't completely flown off the handle with rage at the Skyrim meme is because the Portal series is just as guilty, if not more so. Although I do think it's not as bad with Portal 2, as it seems that most Portal fans learned their lessons about doing memes to death with Portal 1, and they don't want to see space and combustible lemons go the same way as the cake.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Ultimately this comes down to a choice between the indie and the AAA once again. Portal 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Deus Ex, Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, and Skyrim were all awesome, but on the other hand, I found new love in Frozen Synapse, Terraria, Minecraft 1.0, and SpaceChem. Ultimately, I had to go with LBP2, because that was the only one I preordered the Collector's Edition of with release-day shipping and didn't feel let down by in the slightest. Call me a fanboy... well, okay, yes, I am. I doubt many people agree, but I'm a fan of action-platformers and LBP2 delivered what I wanted in the most fantastic way I could imagine.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Stared through that list several times now, but I can't find Skyrim anywhere!
Well, my vote is for it at least. Have only played about five games released this year so far, so I don't have much to go on, and Skyrim did give me the most enjoyment out of those.