Favorite Game of 2011 Survey!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Rangerboy87 said:
sir.rutthed said:
Wait a minute... Why the Hell is Duke Nukem Forever on this list? It's universally regarded as utter trash. Surely there's something else that deserves the spot more?
Like Modern Warfare 3 which is conspicuously absent (not that I would vote for it)...I'm surprised there hasn't been an uproar about it yet. They must all be playing right now.
Perhaps they all saw it right there under Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 3?

Anyway, Frozen Synapse for me. A perfect blend of X-Com and Combat Mission with multiplayer. and play by mail type multiplayer at that. I am obsessed with BF3 right now but I still have a couple of games of Frozen Synapse open most of the time.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity was the best game of this year, but you poor anti-nerds failed to include it in your poll. You guys have the audacity to call yourselves hardcore gamers. What pitiful artless fucks you are.

I guess you could call The Witcher 2 3rd or 4th best, so I guess I'll have to settle for that.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
I went for The Witcher 2. I really didn't think I would; if you'd asked me this time last year I would have predicted Dragon Age 2 or Skyrim, but I just cared more about The Witcher 2, the characters and the story. I played through 3 times to see different quest paths. Besides, it was absolutely bloody gorgeous and compared to the first game the combat was fantastic.

universaltraveller

Apr 28, 2011
Panorama said:
The game i wanted most all year was portal 2, so portal 2 had to get my vote, no matter how much i loved Deus ex and Skyrim, But remeber CAVE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!

All these science spheres are made of asbestos by the way, keeps out the rats. Let us know if you feel a shortness of breath, a persistent dry cough or your heart stopping, because that's not part of the test - that's asbestos.
PORTAL 2, for second place! We all know what game will win though...

ZeratulsoulB said:
Someone help me here, I picked Portal 2 because, you know, it was really good.
But I never played the original Portal so I went back and played it and I say that I don't see the praise, Portal 2 is miles better by my standards. I BELIEVE that the only reason they say Portal is better than Portal 2 is because a sequel would never live up to their standards.
Anyone else have the same opinion?
And to answer your question, Portal is my favorite game, the reason I like it more than the second is that there was no game like it before (maybe Narbacular Drop, but that doesn't count), Portal is a short and sweet game, great atmosphere, comedy and puzzles. Just perfect in everyway.
Portal 2 had all these things, it's just you could only compare it to the first game. As Yahtzee says...

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
octafish said:
Rangerboy87 said:
sir.rutthed said:
Wait a minute... Why the Hell is Duke Nukem Forever on this list? It's universally regarded as utter trash. Surely there's something else that deserves the spot more?
Like Modern Warfare 3 which is conspicuously absent (not that I would vote for it)...I'm surprised there hasn't been an uproar about it yet. They must all be playing right now.
Perhaps they all saw it right there under Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 3?

Anyway, Frozen Synapse for me. A perfect blend of X-Com and Combat Mission with multiplayer. and play by mail type multiplayer at that. I am obsessed with BF3 right now but I still have a couple of games of Frozen Synapse open most of the time.
Oh it's there now. They've added more games since I commented.

googleit6

May 12, 2010
I went for Uncharted 3. What can I say, that game was visually beautiful and I am a shallow bastard.

Really, though, the burning castle in France... it'll be a while before I forget that.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
This is such a tough choice.

It's like being in a polygamous relationship with two others, and them coming up to you and asking who you like the most.

Me: Look Skyrim and Dark Souls, i like both of you equally. Can't you guys just take that?
Skyrim: No. You have to pick one of us.
Me: but..
Dark Souls: If you don't pick one of us, next time you try to use the safe word, i won't listen.
Me: D:

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I went with Saints Row: The Third, because that was the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Skyrim is good, but... really it just seems a bit meh overall. I don't think it's nearly the amazing god-game that many claim it to be. The world is beautiful, but that shouldn't really be a surprise since Bethesda is basically the king of open-world games. My main problem is that the NPCs can go on and on about the most pointless stuff, and the combat doesn't really flow that well to me. Not to mention the huge variety of bugs and the like.

That said, I've put in about 15-20 hours already. So we'll see I suppose.

Tamrin

Nov 12, 2011
Burst6 said:

It's like being in a polygamous relationship with two others, and them coming up to you and asking who you like the most.

Me: Look Skyrim and Dark Souls, i like both of you equally. Can't you guys just take that?
Dark Souls: If you don't pick one of us, next time you try to use the safe word, i won't listen.
Dark Souls never listened when I used the safe word. Not once. A body can only take so much before the spirit is broken. ;_;

Zaer

Dec 13, 2009
Skyrim. >.>

I guess Catherine would be second, and Dragon Age II third.

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Tamrin said:
Burst6 said:

Dark Souls never listened when I used the safe word. Not once. A body can only take so much before the spirit is broken. ;_;
With Dark Souls, the safe word is just to take a break. When you go back, Dark Souls will just keep going where it left off.

WithmirTeigh

Jun 21, 2010
The Witcher 2 was by far the best game out of the ones on the list. The only others I have played were DNF which was meh and DA2 which makes me look forward to taking an arrow to the knee.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I'd say that I was betting on Skyrim, but I think you're a bit daft not to at this rate.

tbh, I did enjoy it more than any other game this year.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
PORTAL 2! SERIOUSLY. I love Skyrim. I love Skyward Sword. Minecraft is one of the awesomest damn things ever.

BUT PORTAL 2. So big so much fun so... Immersive.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Saints Row: the Third. Obviously.

If SW:TOR was on the list I'd have given pause, but there was only one clear winner after reading the whole list.

It's fun. It's the closest thing to the pure essence of fun I've seen this year, and my only complaint is that there is simply not enough of it. Which, if you think about it, is hardly a complaint when I've also enjoyed replaying it.

(Edited) prediction: Haven't seen the poll numbers themselves, but those Skyrim fans are rabid. I hope that winning this one makes you happy, assuming you do. As for me, I'll wait until a good huge boobs mod comes out to distract me from the overwhelmingly dull plot and gameplay. Then I might manage to enjoy the biggest, prettiest boredom simulator I have ever seen.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
I honestly would have said Orcs Must Die! was my game of the year, but since as we all know only big titles matter (I'm frankly shocked Terraria made it on the list because of this) it wasn't an option. So, Skyrim ho!

deathbeforedecaf

Oct 26, 2008
Deus Ex, Dragon Age 2, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Skyrim.

Skyrim will win it, but only because its 'so hot right now'.