Favorite Game of 2011 Survey!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I just realized there are so many i havent played yet!
Well out of those that i played, beign a tough choice, i had to pick witcher 2

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I love Ghost Trick, Skyward Sword, Portal 2, and Skyrim, but picking only one? Impossible. Skyrim has given me the most fun per hours played, though, so that's what I picked. I probably would have gone with Ghost Trick if it hadn't been so danged short. And even though Skyrim can be buggy, Skyward Sword sometimes leaves me frustrated with its controls. And Portal 2 felt padded sometime, whereas Skyrim's fun is in the adventuring of the countryside.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
A couple of weeks ago it would've been Saints Row the Third but since then I've played Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and it just blew me away.

For all its glitz, glamour and sheer lunacy I didn't get quite as hooked on SR3 as I did on SR2, whereas Skyward Sword just stole my heart and replaced it with a fluffy bundle of pure joy from beginning to end. I have no regrets naming it my game of the year.

I do have Assassin's Creed Revelations and Lord of the Rings: War in the North still to play but I would be hugely surprised if either of them changed my mind.

I almost wish I could've voted for Bastion too though...

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
If anyone votes for Duels of the Planeswalkers I will punch them through the internet.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
My top three for this year have been:

* Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
* Deus Ex: Human Revolution
* Portal 2

Honorable mention to Minecraft.

I went with Skyrim in the end though.
I hae so far spent over 90 hours on my only save, and I'm not even finished with the mainquest, nor am I tired of it yet.

Baalthazaq

Sep 7, 2010
Portal 2 does with 3 Characters, what Skyrim can't in 3000.

Portal 2 has a world that's believable, and engaging characters despite all 3 of them being comic relief. One lives in a potato for half the game ffs. Yet you feel those characters are more real than all the ones in Skyrim combined.

It's good.... but game of the year? 4:1 game of the year?! Come on guys...

annilator666

Apr 14, 2010
Saints row the third has my top honors for being nothing but fun cause who doesnt like destroying things in a tank?

Woem

May 28, 2009
SAT4NSLILHELPER said:
Choosing between Skyrim and Arkham City may have been the most daunting choice of my life.
Absolutely. I picked Batman: Arkham City. I'm currently playing Skyrim and although both games excel in the single-player genre, Arkham City prevails by the amount of detail it puts in both the main story and the side missions, while still keeping a sandbox element.

Ultramatic

Jan 12, 2010
Although I have had a great amount of fun with games such as Skyrim, LA Noire, MW3 and Minecraft, Zelda Skyward Sword gets my vote. I am in love with the game.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
What so I cant vote for Xenoblade Chronicles? hmmmm well that has turned an easy decision into a hard one well I guess I will vote for Dissidia Duodecim as I really enjoyed that (surprising seeing as I disliked Dissidia).
I havent actually played Skyrim or Uncharted 3 yet but seeing how much I enjoyed Oblivion and Uncharted 2 they may very well be my new favourites at christmas (if I get them then) excluding Xenoblade Chronicles of course that game was just incredible easily my third favourite game of all time.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
a bit surprised with assassins creed.
only one to choose from is really hard. i have few games i really like which came out this year.
selecting like "what games you liked this year" would be better.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Chose Batman: Arkham City cos it is genuinely one of the best games I've ever played. Also, I haven't played Saint's Row The Third yet.

Second for me is Portal 2
Third is Uncharted 3
And fourth is (and I can't believe I'm saying this either) Driver San Francisco. I loverd it and I'm continually amazed by how much I loved it. If only more people would play the great online mode!

Funniest game is You Don't Know Jack. Just wanted to mention that a sequel for that came out this year and was awesome.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Dark Souls by far. Its world drew my in like nothing else in recent memory and it was as challenging as you wanted it to be based on your character and approach. Also, like Demon's Souls before it, its atmosphere is simply unmatched. The descent from Firelink to Lower Ando and finally the Abyss with its Four Kings boss actually FELT like someone slowly, patiently suffocating you, and that's only one small example. If I had a penny for every time I gasped in this game because of the detail and beauty of its world and its inhabitants , well, I'd have an awful lot of pennies. Absolutely stellar from start to finish.

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
This poll felt like a kick in the face to me. I have only played 3 games on that list (Minecraft, Terraria, Spacechem) and one of those was from over a year ago. I feel like I've missed the entirety of this year in gaming now...