Favorite game that tanked in sales

A Werewolf

Jun 27, 2011
Pretty straightforward,

What are some games you loved, that sold poorly for some reason or another?

Orwellian37

Dec 22, 2009
Psychonauts. Apparently most people don't want platformers taking place in deranged dream fantasy land.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Seige of Avalon; Metal Arms: Glitch in the System; Vanquish; the original Section 8.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Transformers: War for Cybetron. With a bit more balancing, this could be a contender for favorite multiplayer of all time.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
Orwellian37 said:
Psychonauts. Apparently most people don't want platformers taking place in deranged dream fantasy land.
I wonder how well American McGee's Alice/ its sequel did in comparison to Psychonauts.

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
Operation Flashpoint: Red River

It's got its flaws, but it's very good when played in co-op.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Phantom Crash.
That game is one of maybe five in all the history of gaming I would give a gold star to. It just needed a couple more maps...

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I assume indie games are cheating, so Okami. Come on, that game is amazing. If anyone doesn't know that, find out.
EDIT:
Kursura said:
Okami: It's the worst selling game that won a game of the year award.
Ninja'd.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
Deadly Premonition (although i doubt that was expected to be a hit out the gate, I'm pretty sure they hoped for a cult classic and they kind of achieved that goal).

Psychonauts. I still have no idea why this game never sold. Seriously.

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. It sold well enough ('satisfactory' according to FunCom), but still deserved more attention then it got.

Armed and Dangerous. Hilarious game that's infinitely quotable. "He qualifies as a vegetable and shall be protected as such!"

Lost Odyssey. Great JRPG and the best story I've played this console generation.

Phantom Dust. Thanks to the original Xbox not being anything more than solid in the sales department, this game had a smaller audience. Especially considering it's basically a trading card game played in real time without cards and a Japanese mentality on what amounts to a very stereotypically American console. Such a hard game to define, but what a mind-blowing story.
I honestly believe that if it was on PS2 it'd be considered a classic now.

Keep in mind that I don't know how well most of these games sold, so for some I'm just going off of how much attention they received in the media and how many talk about them. xD

ONE MORE: Neopets: PetPet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing. It's obvious why it didn't sell (it's a Neopets game and was on the PSP), but it's a very solid hack and slash RPG. The characters are effing adorable and the world is just filled with adorable enemies to muderize. The game is just an adorable hack and slash. Adorable. xD

A Werewolf

Jun 27, 2011
Orwellian37 said:

TerribleAssassin said:
Psychonauts.

Easily, it was amazing, shame more people didn't buy it.
I loved Psychonauts, I ended up buying it twice [Once for PC, then again for PS2 when i found a copy]

King Toasty said:
Transformers: War for Cybetron. With a bit more balancing, this could be a contender for favorite multiplayer of all time.
I tried that game with a friend of mine, and while it was a little unbalanced we both had a blast.

Kursura said:
This one puzzles me, it was so great, with so much critical acclaim, and yet nobody bought it.

Dec 14, 2009
Kursura said:
Did I give you permission to post Okami before I had the chance to?

Well did I?

[HEADING=1]RAAAAAAAGE![/HEADING]

I second Okami.

Team Ico games never sell as well as they deserve either.