Favorite game that tanked in sales

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
4173 said:
Does Kirby 64 count?

Otherwise, Psychonauts.
I hope Kirby 64 counts because that'd be my vote. I <3 the SHIT out of that game. Best power mechanic in any Kirby game EVER.

jpblade666

Dec 23, 2010
Earthbound, amazing rpg for the snes that has gained cult status but it didn't sell well at all when it came to the US. Idk why but not many people bought it, maybe it wasn't marketed well or something. Still an amazing game that didn't sell well at all.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Gungrave and Gungrave: Overdose - such fun gameplay and the music and story were always pretty damn decent plus the games were cheap on release.

Shadow Hearts - one of the best if not the best RPG on the PS2 yet it was basically tossed under the bus and almost nobody heard let alone played it.

Grandia Xtreme - This got me into the grandia games and it had one of the most addicting battle systems in an RPG. I also loved the humor in that game.

since Okami was said many times

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Uber Evil said:
Orwellian37 said:
Psychonauts. Apparently most people don't want platformers taking place in deranged dream fantasy land.
I wonder how well American McGee's Alice/ its sequel did in comparison to Psychonauts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee%27s_Alice

Might want to do some research next time buddy. Alice came first.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Phantom Dust.

Psychonaughts.

Matt Hazard.

Matt is decidedly the odd-man out for not being brilliant, but for providing me one amusing and cheap play through.

Seriously. You need to play this game and you need to get to the tentacle monster boss fight. Trust me. Die once. Retry. Pay off.

Baconmaninspace

Jun 8, 2011
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

It's one of the best point-and-click adventure games I've ever played, and, as far as story telling is concerned, is ahead of its time even by today's standards. The only problem is that it originally had some game-breaking bugs. Plus, the timing of its release wasn't ideal.

The Mighty Thesaurus

Lumen timeo
Feb 23, 2010
Baconmaninspace said:

It's one of the best point-and-click adventure games I've ever played, and, as far as story telling is concerned, is ahead of its time even by today's standards. The only problem is that it originally had some game-breaking bugs. Plus, the timing of its release wasn't ideal.
Wait, somebody made a game of that? I must play it... To the Internet machine!

Baconmaninspace

Jun 8, 2011
The Mighty Thesaurus said:
Baconmaninspace said:

Wait, somebody made a game of that? I must play it... To the Internet machine!
Not just somebody! Harlan Ellison himself! He wrote the entire thing, and did the voice acting for AM. And it's actually better than the story on which it's based!

I recommend getting the ROM for a SCUMM emulator, so as to avoid the potentially troublesome experience of getting it to run on DOSBox. Also, be sure to save often, so as to avoid any of the aforementioned bugs.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
Canid117 said:
Uber Evil said:
Orwellian37 said:
Psychonauts. Apparently most people don't want platformers taking place in deranged dream fantasy land.
I wonder how well American McGee's Alice/ its sequel did in comparison to Psychonauts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee%27s_Alice

Might want to do some research next time buddy. Alice came first.
No, I'm saying I wonder how the sales of American McGee's Alice compared to Psychonauts, and how well Alice: Madness Returns is doing compared to Psychonauts. I never specified which came first, since it doesn't matter. I'm just wondering how well the first Alice game did compared to Psychonauts, and how well the second game is doing compared to Psychonauts sales-wise.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. No one bought that game at all did they?

/sarcasm

I gotta say Psychonauts even though it's been said in almost every post so far

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
EverythingIncredible said:
Aura Guardian said:
Murakumo.
I've never been so burned by a Mech title and From Software title.

Saying that it should have done better is insult to me as a fan...

Anyway, Armored Core: For Answer. In the U.S., it only sold like 80k copies.
Funny thing is...I'm not into mech games...at all. But I enjoyed this one. Never played the Armored Core series so I have no clue. I should have added Lost Kingdoms to the list. That was a good game