Favorite hero who doesn't have superpowers

Sep 14, 2009
dick grayson (nightwing) probably.

idk, just the experience of growing up under the bats, but being his own identity..plus i fucking love the suit and style.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Mario counts, right? I mean, yeah, he's really good at jumping, but the Mushroom Kingdom could be low gravity, and it's not like his powerups are mutually exclusive to him, a fire flower works for everyone
So, yeah. I think I'd go with Mario, with Phoenix Wright being a close second

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Any Robin/Nightwing/Red Robin variation, because sidekicks have more wiggle room when it comes to personality and cool outfits.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
tchyeah said:
FalloutJack said:
The Goddamn Batman.

There isn't really anyone more crazy-prepared without super powers than him.

Batman has a super power... He's rich.
Nah, because then you'd be admitting that all rich men are super. Have you SEEN Gotham City? Most of the wealthy people there are shit! There are exceptions, but I've seen any number of the overprivileged in that city who couldn't hold a candle to Bruce Wayne, let alone Batman.

Wolfeyes555

Jan 30, 2012
Professor Layton. Not only one of my favorite heroes, but one of my favorite characters in general. He's kind and calm even in the most dangerous of situations and is quick to think of a solution to whatever is thrown at him. He has a strong sense of justice but never acts out of vengeance, and never wants to resort to violence and even when he's forced to do so, he fights to disarm, never harm.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Depends on your definition of super powers, if that guy above me gets to say Captain America then I get to say Major Motoko Kusanagi. She's smart, she's a total badass, and she's not above putting herself in harms way to get the job done.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Since there are mostly,if not all, male characters on this page of picks, i'll be different and say my favorite non powered hero is a tie between say Artemis from Young Justice cartoon, the newer, more human Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider reboot, and Samus Aran( before Metroid: the other M)

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Stryc9 said:
Depends on your definition of super powers, if that guy above me gets to say Captain America then I get to say Major Motoko Kusanagi. She's smart, she's a total badass, and she's not above putting herself in harms way to get the job done.
Full body conversion cyborgs don't count.

Being able to survive catastrophic damage and be revived as long as your head is intact is something normal humans cannot do, therefore it technically qualifies as superhuman.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Guts from Berserk (the anime)

He's got a medieval megabuster and was trained from birth to fight enemies bigger than himself, regularly taking on weird-ass chibi-dracula snake-man demons.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
"Hero" may be stretching it but I'm a Catwoman fan for life. She is capable in any situation thrown at her, be it a high society dinner or an alley full of criminals. She contrasts her devil may care attitude with a sense of altruism. She is exciting, lives her life on her own terms, and is happy.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Captain America, Yeah I know he has the super-solder serum but he doesn't have actual superpowers. Just the best man he can be, in every way. But that's not why he's my favorite<spoiler=It's what he stands for>
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102025/2740749-captain_america_steve_rogers.jpg
I'd say "super soldier serum" by definition makes him "super". :p

Johnny Novgorod said:
Brock Samson gets things done with extreme prejudice.

Damnit, I knew someone could call him out.

Hmmmm...I'll go with Edmond Dantès (aka The Count of Monte Cristo...from the book, not the cheesy movie where 19th century french dudes know karate). That guy is a frickin' badass and pulls off one of the most patient, convoluted, and amazing revenge schemes ever.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
I would have to say Big Boss just because he is such a bad ass keep in mind the events of MGS3 took place in something like a week so yeah.

Lucky Godzilla

Oct 31, 2012
Big Boss, for there is no other.

I mean sure, solid went through hell and all, but Big Boss easily dwarfed him in the scale of his accomplishments. Not only did he manage just fine without any of that fancy pants technology Solid relied on, he proceeded to destroy no less than six metal gears when compared to snakes measly count of two.